• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Android brehs, you gotta get on this Aviate tip. I still got 4 invites if anyone wants em. Infinitely better than stock android anything.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's been a day of discovery for me. First, that Lux mixtape is great. Love it. Now, on to Jon Conner.

Pretty winner of a day.

Macca

Damn at this Jack Thriller shit. BOB with them fisheye fucking goggles.

Thisis50 gettin love from all these dudes that are supposed to hate 50 hahaha

Kendrick's verse was good but did have a couple corny parts. Especially the foot-in-your-ass thing, and the booty reference. I know Cali rappers are quite fixated on homoeroticism but eh...when Kendricks says it I'm just like yooo.

Esch

Banned
I've been saying that was verse of the year since it dropped. Only on neogaf do I see people hating it.

Meh, when hip hop nerds think 'verse of the year' they think of some battle rap rickety rickety rap type shit/or some quadruple meaning lyrically dense shit, not of swag/party/winning verses. It's a good verse for what it is.

CRS

I would be interested in Aviate if it was a ROM for Android OS but it's just another app. I'm fine with my setup.

effzee

TDE cypher was great and of course Kendrick killed it but still felt Slaughterhouse was more enjoyable. That's their whole skill set. Which beat were they rapping over?

Kendrick's verse was good but did have a couple corny parts. Especially the foot-in-your-ass thing, and the booty reference. I know Cali rappers are quite fixated on homoeroticism but eh...when Kendricks says it I'm just like yooo.

Kendricks said corny things in a couple songs but just the delivery and the way he says it

I don't know any other new rapper who could just go

Whoopty woo whoopty woo woo on the chorus and still make it sound good

Same with ya bish. Just the delivery.

CRS

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh im crs i dont matter someone notice meeeeeeeeee
Yeah, it's too bad but it's better than being a local groupie that gets excited when his buddy gets to be on the same stage as Kitty fucking Pryde.

mooooose

Yeah, it's too bad but it's better than being a local groupie that gets excited when his buddy gets to be on the same stage as Kitty fucking Pryde.
WOW so much salt from someone who is going to be sitting in his room jerking off tomorrow night

effzee

I fast forwarded through all the crap on the awards show but man that has to be the worst award show I have ever seen. Everything seemed low budget. Snoop is the host? WTF? Same 2-3 artists nominated for every award. Were there even any awards? I thought it went straight from a performance to cypher.

And the cyphers were cool at first but now they make up 30-40% of the show. Why you gonna have Kendrick perform at the actual show and then also be in the cypher? Seemed like overkill for the artists who bothered to show up.

Lil Kim scared the shit out of my wife while we were watching.

I fast forwarded through all the crap on the awards show but man that has to be the worst award show I have ever seen. Everything seemed low budget. Snoop is the host? WTF? Same 2-3 artists nominated for every award. Were there even any awards? I thought it went straight from a performance to cypher.

And the cyphers were cool at first but now they make up 30-40% of the show. Why you gonna have Kendrick perform at the actual show and then also be in the cypher? Seemed like overkill for the artists who bothered to show up.

Lil Kim scared the shit out of my wife while we were watching.

Shit was mad poverty. All the awards were off camera or some shit smh

effzee

Shit was mad poverty. All the awards were off camera or some shit smh

Honestly BET just needs to do 1 award show and focus on the quality of it. MTV awards shows were cool to me but they became so pacified once the stars started complaining about hosts like Chris Rock ripping into the talent.

Get a real host. Kevin Hart would have been 1000x better.

Do 1 show. The other award show is all pretty much rap anyway.

Cut down on the cyphers. Try to get actual big acts in the game. Felt like this year no one outside of TDE showed up. Everything else was Future, 2 Chain, and Rick Ross.

I guess it must get ratings or why else would they continue with this format and show, but I feel like potential is there to do a much better and maybe more important award show. This was amateur hour.

CRS

WOW so much salt from someone who is going to be sitting in his room jerking off tomorrow night
Cause you're so caught up in what I do every night. No wonder you're a Dipset stan. At least you and Cam can do well in NY.

this is all in jest, breh. I have no ill will towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom