• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
at least Billy Woods has some cool beats.

The most boring rap artist? Well as far as rapper i have to say someone like Wale, tbh. His shit is so safe and boring. On the boards it's 9th Wonder easily.

Jay Rock hungry again.

That's why I like TDE so much. Everyone's got their own style and tons of charisma.

"Hustle like you're broke" Is their motto.. Lots of rap ninjas out here spittin the flabbiest lines ever b

I used to be into him back when he was still releasing mixes, but I got sick of him.

A lot of people feel that way, including me.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% glad that he made it and is actually releasing material unlike some people named Jay Electronica.

I should give Born Sinner a chance sometime, though.

Linkhero1

A lot of people feel that way, including me.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% glad that he made it and is actually releasing material unlike some people named Jay Electronica.

I should give Born Sinner a chance sometime, though.

I'm glad he's up there as well but his new stuff doesn't do anything for me. I was just drained after Cole World TSS.

Jay Electronica hasn't released any studio album right? What's he up to anyways?

Remember when Cole was on that GOOD Friday track Looking For Trouble or something and how fire that shit was

Then he drops stale albums.

I was such a huge Cole fan too, still kinda am but I can't deny it when people say dude is boring.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
How the Real Husbands gonna have a better cypher beat than Slaughterhouse? I would've asked for a different beat if I was them. Shit wasn't built for their style.

effzee

lotta dudes that only focus on the mainstream are/have been at uncharted's drake-lost-in-the-desert level thirstiness after being bombarded for years by YMCBM and now trap shit/etc, so yeah, hearing Em not fucking up & someone being consistently lyrical is huge to them and its ultra hypebeast mode.

That's exactly what it is but I don't see what's wrong with that. The guys who listen to rap/hip hop daily or are really into it, are the regulars in this thread. What do you expect from people who only listen to rap here and there or only mainstream rap played on the radio? I mean everyone has different levels of tolerance for all genres so you can't expect everyone to know every rapper who might be better than the more known rapper on the radio.

I think being told "oh you like artist xyz well what other hip hop do you listen to" or "you must listen to quality hip hop" as a means of establishing some credibility to a person's personal taste for a very subjective art form (music) is pretty moronic.

How the Real Husbands gonna have a better cypher beat than Slaughterhouse? I would've asked for a different beat if I was them. Shit wasn't built for their style.

It was def funnier but I really enjoyed the Slaughterhouse cypher.

BTW why would international rappers on it? How do we measure their skill when we can't follow along and have to read the lyrics instead?

kamspy

There ain't a sample in the world that makes pushing Oxymoron back worth it.

Dude is gonna have to use K.Pac's features and freestyles to keep his hype up.

TDE needs a lesson from Master P about striking when the iron is hot.

Q has been the antithesis of hustle since HnC dropped. Couple great features don't make a year when you're on the verge of blowing up.

There ain't a sample in the world that makes pushing Oxymoron back worth it.

Dude is gonna have to use K.Pac's features and freestyles to keep his hype up.

TDE needs a lesson from Master P about striking when the iron is hot.

Q has been the antithesis of hustle since HnC dropped. Couple great features don't make a year when you're on the verge of blowing up.
He's been doing tons of shows though. Pretty sure Oxy has been turned in too.

overcast

He's been doing tons of shows though. Pretty sure Oxy has been turned in too.
I don't know. Maybe the label is fucking up then. I feel like I've heard this album is done for close to a year. I think it'll be dope, but it's going to affect his sales big time. Frustrating situation in general.
I used to be into him back when he was still releasing mixes, but I got sick of him.
Pretty much. I hardly even listen to his tapes now, I don't listen to his albums at all. Still look back on them fondly, but they aren't in rotation as of now.

DominoKid

XrrRL7e.jpg

in the old days Aftermath would have TDE on that joint every other month like G-Unit

mattp

are we allowed to ask for suggestions in this thread?
never been into hip hop much, but i'm a big fan of del the funky homosapien
any suggestions for similar stuff?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
TDE with questionable facial hair choices everywhere.

but if they all were clean shaven they'd be the boy band of hip hop. at least this way they look trashy enough to be separate acts.

not Del, not anymore.

Esch

Banned

You will probably really like Binary Star - Masters of the Universe

ask away.
Maybe...
Dr Octagon(Kool Keith)- Dr Octagonecologist
Aesop Rock
MF Doom
Company Flow

Hieroglyphics is the group Del was apart of before he went solo. Also Deltron 3030 if you haven't already checked out. (Stay away from Event II tho)
^Good recs from Muddy up there too.

Del's best:

I Wish my Brother George was Here
No Need for Alarm
Future Development
Deltron 3030

assuming you liked any of that, check out:

Souls of Mischief - '93 Til Infinity
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
De La Soul - Stakes Is High
Das EFX - Dead Serious
Das EFX - Hold it Down
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II
The Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia

can someone explain this meme on gaf, I honestly never understood it.

WacQZKa.jpg

Lets say for example theres a thread like
"College teaches girls how to give blowjobs using male students."
Then someone posts the plane.
Its basically like saying "I'M BOOKING A TICKET IMMEDIATLY." Like...You're hopping on the first flight cuz you want you some bj's.

DominoKid

ab-soul ✔ @abdashsoul
If y'all keep printing "Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy" I will remove myself from the group. Thanks.

trouble in paradise?
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png

DominoKid

Ebro el Viejo @oldmanebro
So 74,000 people bought @PUSHA_T album. HOT97 alone gave this album 2million or more impressions last week... Do you really like HipHop?

what's an impression mean?

cdyhybrid

Ebro el Viejo @oldmanebro
So 74,000 people bought @PUSHA_T album. HOT97 alone gave this album 2million or more impressions last week... Do you really like HipHop?

what's an impression mean?

Exposure to it. Like if a specific Google ad is displayed on your screen when you get some search results, that counts as 1 impression for that ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom