• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Damn. Should I get my laptop fixed or save up and get a MacBook.

Which are probably overrated and overpriced but at least I know it's quality.
ibvKJAd3knc5q6.gif

Just get a nice Lenovo or something.

Forreal get one of those x series thinkpads. A few hundred cheaper. Screen isn't as clear as the retina MacBook. But you're on windows and it's got better keyboard and equal or better specs

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Think it's time for me to leave GAF-Hop for awhile. Maybe, in the next OT....the cult will be stronger.

lol, toku you can't leave. this place won't let you leave. you're gunna have to shawshank your way out if you want it bad enough.

the Khaled joint....

drip drip

Charli xcx is great, danny brown underutilized her for old. Which is a shame because his remix of her song is nice

Definitely would have liked to see her contribute more to Old, but she was positioned well with Float On.

Speaking of Charlie XCX, J£zus Million dropped a pretty good mixtape in September. Illusions Of is one of my favorite tracks of the year.

Was actually real disappointed with 25 Bucks. Love Purity Ring, loved the Danny appearance during their set at Coachella. Just can't get into that track. Feels like a weak cut from Shrines paired with a weak cut from Old. Maybe I'll grow into it over time.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Purity ring is an electronic male/female duo. They basically make spacey trapish (inspired) beats and sing cutesy semi violent lyrics over them (they actually did the beat on the Danny Brown song):
http://youtu.be/Xqw4wo8vdY8
http://youtu.be/wVcOwVD4V30 (I've played this one in PLUG to good responses)
http://youtu.be/yC7jt7RFZnE
Their album was one of my favorite albums last year.
This is why no one respects you.

Charli XCX is one of the best pop acts right now, watch your fucking mouth & respect the cult.
http://youtu.be/yU2-rdQOplc
http://youtu.be/BO72qcXvakE
http://youtu.be/jLzJeEQQEqE

oh god why haven't i heard of these yet. SHAME ON ME.

edit:
if its any consolation. smokin and drinkin is my second face song.

Macca

Just 'cus he can rap fast doesn't mean he's a good rapper or lyricist for that matter. The "good hiphop"-camp is so divided, some actually like this sort of crap and some of us appreciate more, well, sophisticated stuff. Gangsta' rap was cool in the 90's but that shit got old real fast.

I'm gonna go drink from the well of Rhymesayers now.
OT Ladies and Gentlemen

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I just like posting that gif cause of that dude's nonchalance and RIhanna haircut, kills me.

Jump in plug brehs

Pc gaming is too expensive and complicated for some people, like me. I'm happy just buying one box and being and being able to play any game, no upgrading every year or two or anything like that. Plugging right into the TV and that's that.

To each their own, but that whole pc elitist shit is corny as hell. Same can be said for console gamers though

PBY

Banned
Pc gaming is too expensive and complicated for some people, like me. I'm happy just buying one box and being and being able to play any game, no upgrading every year or two or anything like that. Plugging right into the TV and that's that.

To each their own, but that whole pc elitist shit is corny as hell. Same can be said for console gamers though
Preach.

wenis

The degree too which people believe that PC gaming is still as complicated as it was 10 years ago (even less than that) is astounding.

It hasn't been like that in a long time. Not unless you really really really really want it to be and even then there are so many resources to guide you along the path towards enlightenment that a moderately intelligent 4th grader could do it (Nvidia even has default settings to do that through their proprietary program, simple as a click and their software will find out your hardware's capabilities and set the game appropriately).

and the games look 100000000x better.

PBY

Banned
The degree too which people believe that PC gaming is still as complicated as it was 10 years ago (even less than that) is astounding.

It hasn't been like that in a long time. Not unless you really really really really want it to be and even then there are so many resources to guide you along the path towards enlightenment that a moderately intelligent 4th grader could do it (Nvidia even has default settings to do that through their proprietary program, simple as a click and their software will find out your hardware's capabilities and set the game appropriately).

Trust me. I know how it is. I'm not some Luddite. But it's just gaming for me, don't really care about the best graphics. I don't have time for that. I wanna plug it in and play COD and NHL and Madden.

Esch

Banned

It's aight man, if they wanna think its 1998 and you gotta edit BIOS and shit, so be it

Laptop graphics have been quite good for years now, recommended settings exist, drivers management is easy and infrequent (tbh) and Steam is super easy to use . But dudes are gonna keep saying the same shit, so it's w/e. The whole idea that they could spend like, 100-200 more on a PC which they already use and then save mad money on the games they play pretty much escapes em. It's a no brainer tbh, but what can you do.

Cudder

I have no mouth and I must scream just got a steam release, holy shit. ive been looking for that game for years and have been trying to run it through emulators and shit.

It's aight man, if they wanna think its 1998 and you gotta edit BIOS and shit, so be it

Laptop graphics have been quite good for years now, recommended settings exist, drivers management is easy and infrequent (tbh) and Steam is super easy to use . But dudes are gonna keep saying the same shit, so it's w/e. The whole idea that they could spend like, 100-200 more on a PC which they already use and then save mad money on the games they play pretty much escapes em. It's a no brainer tbh, but what can you do.

The real issue is pc dudes unable to understand that some people just prefer the ease of use consoles bring.

Pc games may be much easier to use thane in years before, but if you really can't recognise or even admit that consoles are much simpler to use then there's no point in even discussing it.

Consoles are simpler, it's really that basic.

I got a brand new laptop 2 years ago that can barely run any games today. It still works perfectly as a laptop now so Im not about to buy another new one.

My 360 I bought 7 years ago still plays the latest games just fine.

People prefer having the best graphics and all the customisation options pc gives and thats fine, but there's clearly people who don't care about that so consoles are fine.

Doesn't mean one is necessarily better than the other

Esch

Banned
Two years man? cmon. Did you buy a netbook or some chit?

Anyway; console interfaces, multiple skus, etc aren't easy for the average consumer to use either; why do you think moms and kids need help at Gamestop, or just say fukk it and buy a Wii? After a certain point you might as well stop worrying about ease of use and just get the best of what you can. You are right that you'll probably have to upgrade once or twice in a gen (i have upgraded once myself since I bought a PS3 in early 07) but.... That same PS3 also died, and a PS3 still isnt as useful as a good PC is in any sense.

wenis

I have no mouth and I must scream just got a steam release, holy shit. ive been looking for that game for years and have been trying to run it through emulators and shit.

im gunna blind buy it right now.

PBY

Banned
Two years man? cmon. Did you buy a netbook or some chit?

Anyway; console interfaces, multiple skus, etc aren't easy for the average consumer to use either; why do you think moms and kids need help at Gamestop, or just say fukk it and buy a Wii? After a certain point you might as well stop worrying about ease of use and just get the best of what you can. You are right that you'll probably have to upgrade once or twice in a gen (i have upgraded once myself since I bought a PS3 in early 07) but.... That same PS3 also died, and a PS3 still isnt as useful as a good PC is in any sense.
There u go. I don't wanna upgrade.

Some fair points. I think a big part of it is I know how to get a game running within minutes of walking in the door with a new console. Played consoles since I was a kid, consoles are just what I know at this stage.

Cudder

plus, unless you have some special setup, i aint trying to sit in a fucking chair to play games for hours. couch gaming over everything.

im gunna blind buy it right now.

definitely getting it at some point. I still have to play through Lone Survivor on Vita

Esch

Banned
Just uploaded this for Illadelph and WanderingWind after they were diggin the Battletoads x 99 problems remix I played in plug. Since I went to the trouble of uploading it (it's free use, dont worry) and shit is hard to find nowadays I figured I'd just post it in here.

Click pic to download.

edit:removed for malware

wenis

How do you feel about the Steam controller, fam?

also, I play with a PS3 controller baby.

I really want to give a ride to know for sure, but it might be good for Civ and games I'd usually have to be in front of a computer screen for. Impressions from the press seem to be positive minus changes that could be easily made at this point for Valve before mass production. I hope I get chosen for a steam box, but those odds have to be butt fuck insane at this point.

Esch

Banned
I really want to give a ride to know for sure, but it might be good for Civ and games I'd usually have to be in front of a computer screen for. Impressions from the press seem to be positive minus changes that could be easily made at this point for Valve before mass production. I hope I get chosen for a steam box, but those odds have to be butt fuck insane at this point.

Did you peep that demo?

:wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAjkbNq4xI

Cudder

Wired or Wireless xbox 360 controller / Steam Big Picture Mode fam. shit ain't rough.

uhh, sure. So after all that you're just going to throw out the best thing about PC games (M+K), and use a controller on the couch..makes no sense to me. just get a console if you're so keen on replicating that experience.

Esch

Banned
uhh, sure. So after all that you're just going to throw out the best thing about PC games (M+K), and use a controller on the couch..makes no sense to me. just get a console if you're so keen on replicating that experience.

Still use a controller for them 3rd person action games fam

Thats it tho. I got a nice ottoman thing going that lets me m+k from a distance if i really feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom