• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
People acting like they didn't just need an HD and usb drive on 360 to get GTA 5 running right.

I respect the console choice, but you're doing the same thing on both, at this point in the game. That it's to difficult bit is tired now.

Anyhow...

Still bumping that Danny Brown. I need to get familiar with Purity Ring, asap.

People acting like they didn't just need an HD and usb drive on 360 to get GTA 5 running right.

I respect the console choice, but you're doing the same thing on both, at this point in the game. That it's to difficult bit is tired now.

Anyhow...

Still bumping that Danny Brown. I need to get familiar with Purity Ring, asap.

What? my 360 came with a hard drive, bought the gta disc and played it. What extra did I have to do exactly?

Recon

Banned
uhh, sure. So after all that you're just going to throw out the best thing about PC games (M+K), and use a controller on the couch..makes no sense to me. just get a console if you're so keen on replicating that experience.

Consoles have shit performance. Sub-1080p and shit framerate ? No thanks, Ill take 60+fps, 1080p min. Plus the only good thing about the 360( the controller).

IrishNinja

Finally heard Rap God, I see Em is still on his homophobia shit.

i know it don't justify shit, but: product of the era. i get the notion of not digging that, but you're listening to an artist that paints fictional pictures of killing his ex wife and all kindsa ill shit.

to me, focusing on one element is like bustin NWA's chops in the day for rampant misogyny and ignoring the ultra-violent imagery all around i.

ps welcome back kodecraft

Esch

Banned
Consoles have shit performance. Sub-1080p and shit framerate ? No thanks, Ill take 60+fps, 1080p min. Plus the only good thing about the 360( the controller).

Hey, lets ignore all that because you gotta upgrade every three years

you could probably play on better than 360 graphics with one good GPU this gen. I have a half dead GT240M and it still does better by a country mile

kodecraft

OH SHIT. I remember you from like OT4 or some shit ha

whats good fam

Whats "hannin", I missed ya'll. I have been here the whole time lurking. I changed my email and lost my privilege to posts. I could only sit back and read.

Today though, I log in and got access to my whole account.

.......Now I'm back.

Let me hit ya'll with some music. Straight from the ATL. Zone 6 Slugga, you can't tell me this ain't hot.

http://zone6slugga.bandcamp.com/

a1887175352_10.jpg

i know it don't justify shit, but: product of the era. i get the notion of not digging that, but you're listening to an artist that paints fictional pictures of killing his ex wife and all kindsa ill shit.

to me, focusing on one element is like bustin NWA's chops in the day for rampant misogyny and ignoring the ultra-violent imagery all around i.

MMLP is a product of the era and I cringe when I hear certain parts of it today. RapGod was recorded this year, he really doesn't get the 'different era pass' when it was made modernly. Em staying stupid as fuck is just disappoint is all.

Even when young guys drop fag or call something gay, it instantly makes me think 'man, grow up already.'

Recon

Banned

Yeah, I get why people would be mad. But it is fucking hypocritical to focus on that one thing and ignore everything else wrong with rap. "Fuck Em, he used the word fag" Unless you listen to the cleanest rap available, you have no right criticising him over that one word.

Hey, lets ignore all that because you gotta upgrade every three years

you could probably play on better than 360 graphics with one good GPU this gen. I have a half dead GT240M and it still does better by a country mile

Yeah, based on the specs of the new consoles, you can buy a sub-$500 card right now and be good for the majority of next gen.

Thanks, and great welcome.

Glad to see gaf's one and only mason betha fan return.

10 years, I can't believe this shit.

Outkast-speakerboxx-lovebelow.jpg

Album sounds like it could have come out today, what does GAF-HOP think?

Still got a lot of love for The Love Below actually, but after Sir Lucious Left Foot, Speakerboxx is just whatever

Best rap group ever tho *ducks flying shaolin kicks*

Yeah, I get why people would be mad. But it is fucking hypocritical to focus on that one thing and ignore everything else wrong with rap. "Fuck Em, he used the word fag" Unless you listen to the cleanest rap available, you have no right criticising him over that one word.

The one word perpetuates some ignorant shit is why. It's not really comparable to rhyming about murder, since the use of the word is the big issue.

Really if Em thinks it's fine to use slurs then go all out, the excuses people come up with to defend his homophobic slur use can be used if he referred to pitbull as a spic or wetback. So nah, he doesn't get a pass in my eyes.

Esch

Banned
nah even UGK is the better duo

and gangstarr after that

and Mos Def and Talib after that

Then prolly like Madvillain

i forget anyone else? Outkast bores me lol ;xxxx

*counters flying shaolin kicks*

Recon

Banned
The one word perpetuates some ignorant shit is why. It's not really comparable to rhyming about murder, since the use of the word is the big issue.

Really if Em thinks it's fine to use slurs then go all out, the excuses people come up with to defend his homophobic slur use can be used if he referred to pitbull as a spic or wetback. So nah, he doesn't get a pass in my eyes.

Not really, I am more talking about the degrading of women. But since you seem cool with that, good for you.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
so i braved my way through that Khaled...

as bad as you would expect, but there are a few stupid tracks that'll get play at parties I'd host.

Recon

Banned
Don't think I ever said anything like that.

I dont think I have ever seen you in here saying *insert rapper* is misogynistic either. Or do you just pick and choose randomly what to be outraged about?

Edit: I should be clear, I am all for rappers cleaning up their nonsense if they want, but I just find it funny that people laser in on this one thing and ignore the others.s

Esch

Banned
please keep that PC shit out of rap. if it offends yall, blog your asses off about it. but this shouldn't be a genre that limits free speech in any way imo

illadelph

rap reflects real people.

you ever hear how people talk in walmart and shit? well people are gonna say the same shit when they're making mixtapes and all that...for better or worse

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Still, I don't think a mainstream artist has dared to use it in mainstream times. Ross and Wayne both got hung out to dry, for shit they've said. I'm curious if they bother Em. And by they, I mean anyone.

I dont think I have ever seen you in here saying *insert rapper* is misogynistic either. Or do you just pick and choose randomly what to be outraged about?

I don't think I have to come in here and say everything I don't like about everything I hear in order to point out that Em is adding to his long ignorant resume. What other mainstream artist has released a song this year with 5+ homophobic slurs in it? It just stands out more, makes me take notice.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Still, I don't think a mainstream artist has dared to use it in mainstream times. Ross and Wayne both got hung out to dry, for shit they've said. I'm curious if they bother Em. And by they, I mean anyone.

people on the internet who get upset about everything will get upset about it, but I think in the mainstream it'll get written off as Em being Em. big whoop.

Recon

Banned

I think the only reason is because he was using back when is was socially acceptable to most people. Now he isnt AS huge as he was plus he has a history, so people dont complain, or dont complain loudly.

I don't think I have to come in here and say everything I don't like about everything I hear in order to point out that Em is adding to his long ignorant resume. What other mainstream artist has released a song this year with 5+ homophobic slurs in it? It just stands out more, makes me take notice.
So you admit you only do this with eminem? I really am not trying to fuck with you, I just dont get why one rapper riles you up so much when a hundred others have said the same or worse about women. Also, I think there is a difference between saying "Fag" and actually using it towards gay people. I am not saying it is right, but people are acting like he said kill all the gays or something.

please keep that PC shit out of rap. if it offends yall, blog your asses off about it. but this shouldn't be a genre that limits free speech in any way imo

Sound like some of the people on gamingside whining when people want to talk about how non-white males are portrayed in games. Just radiates immaturity.

Without both, the game doesn't run optimally, especially when a lot of shit is going on. The textures don't load correctly either.

I never noticed any problems with gta and I've put a shit load of hours into it. And I could give two fucks about 1080 and 60 fps. You'd swear games were unplayable or some shit without it the way gaming side goes on, and seemingly some of you.

Recon

Banned
I never noticed any problems with gta and I've put a shit load of hours into it. And I could give two fucks about 1080 and 60 fps. You'd swear games were unplayable or some shit without it the way gaming side goes on, and seemingly some of you.

Sorry, but I hate shitty resolutions. I also hate frame rate dips. Good for you if you like sub-par performance though. I wish I did, gaming would be way cheaper.

Mr.Swag

Banned
What's the best introspective rap out there?
I don't know If I'm saying it right, but basically, what artist out there has music that it is just straight truth from the heart?
No gangster shit, no female problem shit, I want something where someone raps about their feelings and shit.

Some eminem songs kinda fit the description.
Idk if y'all understand

Esch

Banned
Sound like some of the people on gamingside whining when people want to talk about how non-white males are portrayed in games. Just radiates immaturity.

Aight, I hope you enjoy when everything sounds like Kid N Play and everyone watches their language and is very polite because that is what rap should be.

illadelph

What's the best introspective rap out there?
I don't know If I'm saying it right, but basically, what artist out there has music that it is just straight truth from the heart?
No gangster shit, no female problem shit, I want something where someone raps about their feelings and shit.

Some eminem songs kinda fit the description.
Idk if y'all understand

2Pac?

Based off this post, I hope you have been playing nothing but F&L2 for the past year...

for real though are you being fiscally responsible?

So you admit you only do this with eminem? I really am not trying to fuck with you, I just dont get why one rapper riles you up so much when a hundred others have said the same or worse about women. Also, I think there is a difference between saying "Fag" and actually using it towards gay people. I am not saying it is right, but people are acting like he said kill all the gays or something.

I'm pretty sure I've said about other artists in other gafhop OT or in threads about rap in off-topic.

The misogyny/sexism is so widespread you could make a list a mile long of recent offenders, Em is on a much smaller list with probably the longest history of controversy for using it. That's probably why it comes up.

Google 'Eminem rap god homophobe' then google 'schoolboy q gangsta in designer homophobe'

Aight, I hope you enjoy when everything sounds like Kid N Play and everyone watches their language and is very polite because that is what rap should be.

Cause dropping homophobic slurs from rap would totally destroy the genre.

HAHA wow, not even close.

Fans getting defensive and protecting their hobby/interest from legit criticism for reasons.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I think entertainment that is strictly based on speech, should have no limitations on what can be said.

If it rhymes, it flys.

Recon

Banned
I'm pretty sure I've said about other artists in other gafhop OT or in threads about rap in off-topic.

The misogyny/sexism is so widespread you could make a list a mile long of recent offenders, Em is on a much smaller list with probably the longest history of controversy for using it. That's probably why it comes up.

Google 'Eminem rap god homophobe' then google 'schoolboy q gangsta in designer homophobe'

Cause dropping homophobic slurs from rap would totally destroy the genre.

Fans getting defensive and protecting their hobby/interest from legit criticism for reasons.

This is the last im gonna touch on this because the argument is just dumb but...

No. I am not defending eminem. I am defending his right to say whatever the fuck he wants, like any artist should. Why do you listen to rap if it is filled with shit you dont like? If I dont like what someone says, I turn it off. Simple. The difference is, I dont get offended by some dumb shit a rappers says on a song.

This is the last im gonna touch on this because the argument is just dumb but...

No. I am not defending eminem. I am defending his right to say whatever the fuck he wants, like any artist should. Why do you listen to rap if it is filled with shit you dont like? If I dont like what someone says, I turn it off. Simple. The difference is, I dont get offended by some dumb shit a rappers says on a song.

I did turn off Rap God and then I expressed my disappointment in Em on a forum about rap music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom