• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I didn't know rappers sometimes use bad language. Macklemore doesn't need to do that stuff and he sold more than a million records.

PBY

Banned
Nope. Not saying that Eminem shouldn't be criticised, but that's the future of rap if you wanna start censoring attitudes and speech. Sounds like a nice future!
Not saying f**** is censorship? I dunno. How many white rappers drop the n bomb?

Recon

Banned
action bronson
eminem (according to benzino)
lil wyte
everyone in white girl mob

LOL Bronsons and Lil wyte did? I mean, Lil Wyte seemed crazy and way too into hard drugs, so him saying stupid shit makes sense. I guess I dont listen to enough bronson.

No, you are advocating censorship on rappers because they say things you dont like. Unless it is about women. Then apparently it is okay.

And now Im done. For serious.

If you mean criticizing someone for what they say is the same as censorship, then sure. Then I also 'want to censor' people who think America should have an official religion, because I'd disagree and critcize what they're saying.

Nope. Not saying that Eminem shouldn't be criticised, but that's the future of rap if you wanna start limiting attitudes and speech. Sounds like a nice future! I like Kid N Play.

If you can't say fag then rap will be Kidz Bop is a lame argument. I understand you think it's a slippery slope, but I think you're being ridiculous. You have to be pretty artistically bankrupt if your music suffers from lack of slurs.

Esch

Banned
LOL Bronsons and Lil wyte did? I mean, Lil Wyte seemed crazy and way too into hard drugs, so him saying stupid shit makes sense. I guess I dont listen to enough bronson.

early in his career but he rolled it back lmao
If you can't say fag then rap will be Kidz Bop is a lame argument. I understand you think it's a slippery slope, but I think you're being ridiculous. You have to be pretty artistically bankrupt if your music suffers from lack of slurs.
Not saying it will be artistically bankrupt, but if we're gonna start rolling back the use of the word fag we have shit that is just as appalling in rap music to address; like the treatment of women, glorification of murder/larceny/breaking and entering, drug use etc etc.

If we wanna clean it up.... Gotta clean up all of it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I don't know many white people (I live in south Florida) but most people I know who say n***a are Hispanic. White skin.
Idk. I'm the type tht thinks most censorship is wrong and that words is just words.i say fuck it. Let everybody say it. It harmless.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I don't know many white people (I live in south Florida) but most people I know who say n***a are Hispanic. White skin.
Idk. I'm the type tht thinks most censorship is wrong and that words is just words.i say fuck it. Let everybody say it. It harmless.

Not going to get into it here.. but no.. it isn't

PBY

Banned
This is realllly dumb man.

Mr.Swag

Banned
It only has power if you give it power. And based on these replies, I guess it'll always have that power.

I think there's nothing wrong with using it like "dude" "homie" or "dawg". Maybe it's Cus I've grown up saying it and everyone does as well, but that shit doesn't seem bad to me

kodecraft

?

Esch

Banned
Haha, shit. I remember Benzino got some white rapper to say it and it ended his career before it started. Come to think about it, Benzino seemed like a really shitty person.

Action Bronson dropping some hot N bombs

He apologized for it and stopped though. I think he realized that Queens culture where everyone including white skin hispanics drop it all the time doesnt apply everywhere tho... but even still you should know better

dude is pretty backward i remember him getting some serious shit for dumping water on some wasted Trans girl and posting the pic on twitter laughing

DominoKid

ixanu2Cd3rutX.gif

PBY

Banned
It only has power if you give it power. And based on these replies, I guess it'll always have that power.

I think there's nothing wrong with using it like "dude" "homie" or "dawg". Maybe it's Cus I've grown up saying it and everyone does as well, but that shit doesn't seem bad to me
That's a cop out man.

Blackace

lol

Words that carry that much weight aren't just words. They are associated with contempt from one person to another for being different... You don't see anything wrong with that?

Recon

Banned
Action Bronson dropping some hot N bombs

He apologized for it and stopped though. I think he realized that Queens culture where everyone including white skin hispanics drop it all the time doesnt apply everywhere tho... but even still you should know better

dude is pretty backward i remember him getting some serious shit for dumping water on some wasted Trans girl and posting the pic on twitter laughing

That track is pretty hot tho...

Mr.Swag

Banned
I feel comfy sayin it, and have never said it to offend anyone.
It's just the way people I grew up with talk. It's normal. Word is practically interchangeable with "dude" where I'm at.

Blackace

It's just the way people I grew up with talk. It's normal. Word is practically interchangeable with "dude" where I'm at.

Well just be smart enough not to use it like you would use dude outside your circle, might get bottled across the face..

Be nice if America didn't have that dirty stain of history but we do and it is a wound that isn't quite healed yet

Recon

Banned

Truth is, a lot of people say it with their friends. The worst offenders are those white girls who only date black guys, they seem to think that taking dark dick gives them the right to say it. It gets annoying to see my facebook feed get trashed with that shit.

Cudder

based on on all your posts thus far, i'm pretty sure i hate you

Mr.Swag

Banned
Swag- I'm a Miami Cuban btw.
Yo tambien
Grew up in Sweetwater. Had uncles and friends sayin it all the time.
It feels natural, and I guess it's the long had discussion of -ga vs -ger, -ga isn't bad, and people shouldn't really get in trouble for using it.

Unless they mean something bad when using it, and that's usually when ppl use -ger. which is offensive.
Idk. I think there's a difference between the two.

Without going into anything long winded, those rules you have with your friends aren't static by any means.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Well just be smart enough not to use it like you would use dude outside your circle, might get bottled across the face..

Be nice if America didn't have that dirty stain of history but we do and it is a wound that isn't quite healed yet
I know it's not healed yet, but maybe we need to blend the lines more. No word should be restricted to a race. We are all people. No one should be allowed, or not allowed anything based on race. The actions of ancestors will eventually be just in the past. We need to get it there.
based on on all your posts thus far, i'm pretty sure i hate you
I don't think about you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom