• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
His music is far from boring, that's your opinion though. Fat/ugly is true, his fan base will run back as soon as a release date/track list is announced.

50K+
I have seen this pattern before. Hype, disappointment with album delays, and then flop. History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce. Yall are about to experience the pain CRS endures every day.

Eschstradamus has spoken. No avatar bets, no nonsense.

Esch

Banned
Na, in a world where Asap Ferg sells 32k first week 50 is not out of reach. He will probably go above that. However, I expect another mediocre album that disappoints all of yall, and thats what hurts most.

Esch

Banned
Collard Greens is a relatively poppin song, he had the chance to play it live at the bet awards, and he has King Kendrick' s glory lighting the way for him. The only reason it wont do 50k is the terrible terrible job done by the label doing promo and putting it out. But lets keep it real dude makes music only for dudes, and his chance of a breakout hit like Swimming Pools is pretty low.

Q doesnt have it in him to make something as good as Trap Lord though, so there's that.

Collard Greens is a relatively poppin song, he had the chance to play it live at the bet awards, and he has King Kendrick' s glory lighting the way for him. The only reason it wont do 50k is the terrible terrible job done by the label doing promo and putting it out. But lets keep it real dude makes music only for dudes, and his chance of a breakout hit like Swimming Pools is pretty low.

Q doesnt have it in him to make something as good as Trap Lord though, so there's that.
Q will shit on Trap Lord.

Q already got 2014 AOTY.

January just wait on it.

Esch

Banned
Nope, nothing in january ever gets aoty. Releasing in Q1 is the bummest of moves for that reason. You already lost.

IrishNinja

36 aint no one takin the bait so let's hear bout the poon my dude

Nope, nothing in january ever gets aoty. Releasing in Q1 is the bummest of moves for that reason. You already lost.

movies, music, games...i think it started out when movie studios in the late 90s or so (?) realized if you aint got oscar bait, a summer hit, a decent movie etc move it to right after the holidays where i can quietly tank in peace, and now it feels like the other industries do it too

Esch

Banned
movies, music, games...i think it started out when movie studios in the late 90s or so (?) realized if you aint got oscar bait, a summer hit, a decent movie etc move it to right after the holidays where i can quietly tank in peace, and now it feels like the other industries do it too
Dr. Dre probably heard Q's weed plate and discustedly sent it out to die in the cold winter months.

]Collard Greens is a relatively poppin song[/B], he had the chance to play it live at the bet awards, and he has King Kendrick' s glory lighting the way for him. The only reason it wont do 50k is the terrible terrible job done by the label doing promo and putting it out. But lets keep it real dude makes music only for dudes, and his chance of a breakout hit like Swimming Pools is pretty low.

....what? That shit doesn't exist outside of the internet.

Esch

Banned
I can understand you saying HnC is better because you know, opinions and all, but Setbacks? Nah, just not even close. That shit is pretty by the numbers bandcamp level trash.

TDE gonna be bandcamp status in a few years anyway...

but imma enjoy the ride while it lasts
do-the-maraschino-step-40422.gif

CRS

One other person besides Kendrick, maybe two, needs to put out an extremely solid album so TDE can be the power giant it wants to be. I bet it's quite a bit of pressure for Q, Rock, and Soul since the label is depending on them so I understand why it's taking so long. If they want to continue to appear on BET and appear in bigger venues than a local club, they need to prove it. If they don't capitalize, they'll always get that nah right/2dopeboyz plug but that's where it'll stop.

2014 needs at least two studio albums and one mixtape from TDE. The mixtape can come from the either of the two new signees while the studio albums will have to come from Black Hippy.

Edit: Those concert pictures look kinda cool. Nothing that makes me regret not getting a ticket though. Best stage setup still goes to Roger Waters' The Wall.

overcast

Why in the hell is Q being compared to Ferg? I liked Trap Lord quite a bit, but HnC is already a way superior album. Oxy is gonna be a great album, Rock and Soul (maybe?) will come through, then King Kendrick.

"Soul dropped, Rock dropped, Dot dropped. Black Hippy, TDE. Well fuck it n**** lets 4-peat."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why in the hell is Q being compared to Ferg? I liked Trap Lord quite a bit, but HnC is already a way superior album. Oxy is gonna be a great album, Rock and Soul (maybe?) will come through, then King Kendrick.

"Soul dropped, Rock dropped, Dot dropped. Black Hippy, TDE. Well fuck it n**** lets 4-peat."

well...

cdyhybrid

Yeezy just got off stage. Show was...something alright. Definitely brought the energy. A lot of focus on light like you can see in those images. Did every song on Yeezus at some point in the show. Those dancers were on some straight Silent Hill nurse shit at certain points, haha.

PBY

Banned
YEEZUS TOUR PICS OMGGGGG

also. Y'all are forgetting Yelawolf. Hype, em feature, decent singles- 50k.

How's Q gonna top that.

HiResDes

Trap Lord is almost on par with HNC, I think it's a more fun album, but obviously doesn't have the same depth. It's much closer than it has any right to be, and is basically like comparing HnC to LiveLoveASAP.

effzee

YEEZUS TOUR PICS OMGGGGG

also. Y'all are forgetting Yelawolf. Hype, em feature, decent singles- 50k.

How's Q gonna top that.

Just getting a feature or co sign from a big time rapper doesn't help much at all. I think having a solid producer backing you helps more.

Em feature or relationship didn't help Royce, Slaughterhouse in general, Obie Trice, D12, or Yelawolf. Fans will check out the 1-2 songs Em is featured on but won't buy the album. For people to buy the album the actual artist has to sell it. Whether its a pop single or the Kendrick route, you have to make people feel something with the music so they feel compelled to spend the money.

Similar examples with all the dudes who were supposed to break out due their connections or associations with Jay Z, Nas, or whoever else had a crew. Only guy I can think of that even fits is 50 Cent, but he was already big and known before Em signed him. And that was a signing, not someone from his crew who people bought into it.

Looking at those Yeezus pictures...whoa amazing production value. Seems like he put more thought and time into the fabrics the back up dancers are wearing then the entirety of the Yeezus album.

TDE backlash is already happening.

Only took one year after GKMC.

Maybe if they become band camp artists thabiz will start enjoying their work.

Kimosabae

Banned
Looking for sparse instrumentals with slower measures that might support something contemplative. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate you posting your recommendations. Thanks.

DominoKid

Yeezy just got off stage. Show was...something alright. Definitely brought the energy. A lot of focus on light like you can see in those images. Did every song on Yeezus at some point in the show. Those dancers were on some straight Silent Hill nurse shit at certain points, haha.

what was the Kendrick portion like?

cdyhybrid

what was the Kendrick portion like?

Posted it earlier:

Kendrick just got off stage. They started like 2 hours late and he was only on for like 40 minutes max. He sounded alright even with the shitty sound up in the nosebleeds of Key Arena.

m.A.A.d City got the crowd hype as fuck, but other than that the biggest reaction was everyone completely missing the point of Swimming Pools.

Edit: Also - hypebeasts and Pyrex everywhere.

Day after reaction to Kendrick: I appreciated the songs he did, but he doesn't have a lot of arena-type songs in his catalog yet. Kinda wish he would've been on longer, they might have cut him short because they needed time to build Kanye's stage.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Cheers is one of my personal favorites. I wish Em would revisit some of the talent he bled off when he was Oxy'd out of his gourd. I think Obie could still put out a good album.

That record he put out with Casio production last year wasn't it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Posted it earlier:

Day after reaction to Kendrick: I appreciated the songs he did, but he doesn't have a lot of arena-type songs in his catalog yet. Kinda wish he would've been on longer, they might have cut him short because they needed time to build Kanye's stage.
Was m.A.A.d City good at least?

Esch

Banned
Damn brehs, im devastated. Had to put my dog down about an hour ago and shit is killing me on the inside. im gonna miss her so much. Yall got any good mourning/ soulful rap? I could use some of that right now.

PBY

Banned
Damn brehs, im devastated. Had to put my dog down about an hour ago and shit is killing me on the inside. im gonna miss her so much. Yall got any good mourning/ soulful rap? I could use some of that right now.

My dogs are getting up there in age, I feel ya brah.

Nujabes is always the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom