• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
losing a pet is never an easy thing. I've gone through it twice now, but it'll sting less with time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Missed Esch' post. Sorry for your loss dude. Never had a pet so I don't know what it's like, but keep ya head up man.

Flying Colours is nice on the highs but a mixed bag overall, gonna revisit soon cause i love the good tracks, even epilogue is nice
Honestly, on first listen, it's one of the best boom bap albums I've heard in a while. Really lush production, some slick wordplay throughout.

Though, some of Shad's rhymes are getting a bit predictable for me. And he's got some really corny I-dont-know-if-hes-being-ironic-or-not hashtag flow rhymes which I am indifferent tol.

But overall I really, really enjoy it. More than TSOL even, though nothing touches A Good Name.

lmao Kanye's tour stop in Vancouver today got cancelled because his equipment van got stolen. Rescheduled to Halloween day

My friends who were going are heated.

Dereck

GAF-HOP?

51HKJ2Z45NL.jpg

Esch

Banned
The Kendrick cosigns are too powerful brehs. He's got GOAT candidate friends on every coast, and even the midwest

when is the south gonna stand up and acknowledge the
jxXvetVSFEqBn.png
tho

All Kendrick needs is a solid single for the next album. The groundwork is being laid for him to have a monster 2014, if he can deliver a decent single.

overcast

All Kendrick needs is a solid single for the next album. The groundwork is being laid for him to have a monster 2014, if he can deliver a decent single.
Yeah, he's getting his name out all over the world. Even if the rest of TDE remains relatively unknown in the mainstream, Kendrick could be huge.

Listening to Dolce and Gabbana by Riff Raff too much lately. How much is he going to sell, that's the question.

Yea. We'll probably get the first street single that probably won't make the album, then the actual single a bit later. Hopefully both are dope. I really liked The Recipe and Swimming Pools.

Really hope Kendrick doesn't jeopardize his vision for the radio and gives us a Work Out or Slight Work lol

overcast

I think I forgot to mention Shabazz Palaces when I listed my favorite albums of the past 5 years. The album is paced well, great lyrically, and perfectly/uniquely produced.

Haven't listened to it since before my relationship, but it was in heavy rotation that year. Recollections of the Wraith caused a huge wave of nostalgia, Jesus.

Also, Kendrick is fine. The problem is his music isn't anthemic enough to translate well into a large live setting.

Compare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmHV4dA2jYo

Vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9sPBimtLk

Different leagues brehs.

...how are Money Trees and Backstreet Freestyle not stadium records? fuckouttahere. Money Trees sounds amazing with live instruments.

smh @ Jay and Ye convincing an entire generation of Soulja Girls that Stadium Music=overproduced loud noise. Go listen to some Springsteen concerts breh.

PBY

Banned
...how are Money Trees and Backstreet Freestyle not stadium records? fuckouttahere. Money Trees sounds amazing with live instruments.

smh @ Jay and Ye convincing an entire generation of Soulja Girls that Stadium Music=overproduced loud noise. Go listen to some Springsteen concerts breh.

loud noises? lol cmon breh. Kendrick does sound great, but you cant compare the two vids. Theres nothing anthemic about kendrick at all.

PBY

Banned
Why do you keep faulting Kendrick for not having some deep catalogue of stadium anthems on his 2nd album bruh

No shots. He did fine. You just can't compare the two. He'll get there eventually. But its dumb to argue otherwise right now.

Esch

Banned
Kendrick's best song live is actually Cartoons and Cereal. When he played that at the stadium I was at it had people like

44-KRS-One-LOL.gif

Maad City also had people goin.

cdyhybrid

Did Kendrick perform The Spiteful Chant? Dude has so many jams. Section80 is full of jams.

Nope. I don't think he did anything off Section.80.

Off the top of my head, I can remember m.A.A.d City, Money Trees, Backseat Freestyle, his Fuckin Problems verse twice in a row, Sing About Me (just the first verse I think), Swimming Pools, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Poetic Justice, and Compton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom