• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

My favorite metal is symphonic black metal. Melodic death metal is cool too. Regular old black metal sucks, sorry to say.

I like shit like Behemoth too though.

overcast

Met up with my dad today.. He told me he has cancer..

2/3 of the most important people in my life have cancer right now
Cancer is the worst thing. I'm so sorry man. My mom has it too, and it's been hard. Just be there for him and stay strong. We're here if you need to vent. Pm or post, whatever.

tmdorsey

Just messing with you. I hate Survival, but liked both RapGod and Berserk. RapGod a lot more. Nothing ground breaking or best ever but both give me hope for at least a decent to good album.

Deluxe edition tracklisting is out for those interested:

Ah ok. I've mostly lurked the Rap/Hip-Hop threads for years. I agree with you on Survival. I think Berserk is ok. Hopefully Rap God is more of what we will get out MM2 with some better beats.

Esch

Banned
So is the entire burzum discography.... who gives a shit. Its not like people make shit off spotify anyway tbh.

Plus real heads know that Under a Funeral Moon is the trve classic

Kwixotik

I'm actually kind of liking Transilvanian Hunger now. Last time I gave it a shot I was like a sophomore in high school. I mean I did only just finish the first track, but it's not bad like I remembered.

Esch

Banned
I'm actually kind of liking Transilvanian Hunger now. Last time I gave it a shot I was like a sophomore in high school. I mean I did only just finish the first track, but it's not bad like I remembered.

It's a good album, but I largely prefer their 1st-3rd albums. It's just mostly hailed as a classic because the cover art is so fucking funny and the kvlt is turned up to 9999.

Kwixotik

Good afternoon, gentlemen--

One of your neighbors contacted me this Sunday afternoon to tell me that they were having trouble focusing because a loud bass from your apartment was vibrating the walls. I know from experience that bass can seem much more distracting from the outside than within the place where the music is playing. I know you all are a considerate group so I wanted to be sure to let you know about the issue so that you could avoid disturbing your neighbors, which I'm confident was not your intent.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,

nodding.gif

Cudder

yoooo did you guys download BBM for your phone? we should get a GAFHOP chat going so we can do this whole shindig in realtime nomsayin?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
But having the name "Kitty Pryde" was literally the only thing going for her. I'm guessing Marvel's lawyers got up in that asscrack and forced the change?

kamspy

I'll be labeled a poser, or trendy as fuck, but here are metal bands ifuck with.

NIN
Tool
System of a Down
Hatebreed
A Perfect Circle
Rob/White Zombie
Megadeath
Guns & Roses

My exposure is limited. All my friend listen to rap. I was on a huge nin kick a month ago and asked a guy at work for good new metal. He told me to listen to avenged sevenfold. I was not amused.

Suggestions? My favorites are, by far, the first three listed. But for Tool I go Undertow > Opiate >>>>>>>>>>>>> Aenima>Lateralus>> 10,000 Days.

Extreme metal = too metal for me. #Can'tRelate

Give me some nice metal I can play that doesn't automatically summon Cthulhu and I'm happy. Once I start hearing growling and/or 97 1/2 guitars + drumming going at the speed of sound I'm lost. Sounds like Level 8 Music™ on that chart.

Esch

Banned
I'll be labeled a poser, or trendy as fuck, but here are metal bands ifuck with.

listen to Sepultura. Everything before Roots should do you good.
My roommate came in while I was listening to Immortal's At The Heart Of Winter and asked me if I knew Beyond the Horizon.
dat Solarfall riff is so powerful, wow. Immortal got classics tho; everything up till At the Heart of Winter is an arguable classic

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I still enjoy MMLP as well...

Doesn't mean it aged well

listen to Sepultura. Everything before Roots should do you good.

dat Solarfall riff is so powerful, wow. Immortal got classics tho; everything up till At the Heart of Winter is an arguable classic

Roots was actually my introduction to Sepultura and I messed with it. Arise is superior though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom