• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda random, but I miss my Joe Budden stan days. Outside of MM4, he hasn't released a solid project since Halfway House and that's including Slaughterhouse projects. I know he's probably not popular around here (shit ya probably think he sucks/makes wack depressing music), but he used to be the man during the Weezy mixtape era. Had great punchlines based on current events/sports, made dope introspective music, and was a good story teller. Ever since he started hanging out with incoherent technical babble rappers his music just hasn't been the same. Even some of his introspective music don't seem as genuine as it used to. I hope his new EP he drops later this year is dope, but I just don't have faith.

His Broken Wings freestyle will forever be GOAT though:

Broken Wings

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I dont want to play you with a laughing gif.... but normally that would earn a laughing gif.

Kanye made Gold Digger and then proceeded to knockup & marry the worlds most famous Gold Digger. If it wasn't for his massive Ego I think even he would find the irony funny.

The chick has been richer than all her past bfs/husband
Richer than Ray J
Reggie Bush
Kris Humpreies

She is worth 40 mil

Her family was worth millions before she started fucking famous black people...

Don't understand how she is gold digging
Actually Kris tried to her money...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6o-Th7wtBQ8

Welp. This is interesting.

DJ Khaled gets called out by Hot 97 and shit goes down

seems more playful than "shit goes down"

while I like how Ebro utterly ETHERED that dick riding maggot Elliot Wilson and B Dot, overall I'm not really feeling Ebro. He seems to be trying way too hard to make news. Like when he was trying to get Mr. Cee to come out on air - he didn't give a fuck about Mr Cee the person, he seemed 100% intent on making big radio by having a DJ come out as gay live.

Power 105 is king. I fuck with Hot 97 because I love Rosenberg and Juan but they'll never be as popular as that pop shit on Power 105. Having Ebro create drama isn't going to help.

DominoKid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6o-Th7wtBQ8

Welp. This is interesting.

DJ Khaled gets called out by Hot 97 and shit goes down

ciph sound kinda like a scorned bitch
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The chick has been richer than all her past bfs/husband
Richer than Ray J
Reggie Bush
Kris Humpreies

She is worth 40 mil

Her family was worth millions before she started fucking famous black people...

Don't understand how she is gold digging
Actually Kris tried to her money...

when

fame = money
the more famous her mate = the more money she makes

I guess you could call it fame hustling, but at the end of the day she is just a Gold Digger who has a more advance understanding of capitalism. She knows the men she fucks is her best feature so she fucks better men. Its her family business I suppose.

ohhh.png

Shabba

Esch

Banned
ciph sound kinda like a scorned bitch
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png

"I'm not saying you should help me...."

talks for a straight minute about Khaled not helping him

It's lots of hangers on dudes in rap. Always expecting people to cut them cake when they don't have anything to bring to the potluck.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yeezus puts on a hell of a show. Holy shit that was pretty crazy.

More thoughts later. Tryin to get home now.

Blackace

when

fame = money
the more famous her mate = the more money she makes

I guess you could call it fame hustling, but at the end of the day she is just a Gold Digger who has a more advance understanding of capitalism. She knows the men she fucks is her best feature so she fucks better men. Its her family business I suppose.

ohhh.png

Shabba

Rofl

That's just dumb

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Rofl

That's just dumb

yeshrug.png

but bruh thats what it is....

Who is Kim K but a woman who lacks talent besides attracting rich/famous men and then exploits that talent for money.... Its like that dave chappelle (or was it chris rock) joke about how you can tell how powerful bill clinton was because monica lewinsky became famous for giving him head. Kim took that fame and monetized it. For Kim and her family Fame = Gold. Her Brand management game is crazy.

seriously, this was between asking for a hand-out and a play-date, shit was sad
"you never call meeeeeee.....oh wait" ugh

yeah man its what they do, its either gossip, ass kissing, or acting like scorned bitches. or just being mean as fuck like Star was....

Shabba

Blackace

yeshrug.png

but bruh thats what it is....

Who is Kim K but a woman who lacks talent besides attracting rich/famous men and then exploits that talent for money.... Its like that dave chappelle (or was it chris rock) joke about how you can tell how powerful bill clinton was because monica lewinsky became famous for giving him head. Kim took that fame and monetized it. For Kim and her family Fame = Gold. Her Brand management game is crazy.

yeah man its what they do, its either gossip, ass kissing, or acting like scorned bitches. or just being mean as fuck like Star was....

Shabba

First of all, it's not what it is... she made Ray J famous not the other around...

She been rich... her father was the lawyer for the most famous legal case ever...

And if coli fucking gif to me again I swear to god you won't like the results

IrishNinja

Shabba

man for years Star was just that dude Jay-Z shot on in that Aaliyah track, then we got the show down here...i dunno his history but dude always sounded mad spiteful, just didn't enjoy his shit at all

MISTAHLOVAHLOVAH

cryptic

You're a detroit dude right? Is Icewear Vezzo good? wondering if i should check

Vezzo is actually surprisingly dope. His flow is kind of different in a good way, his wordplay is pretty tight, and his shit will get you hype.

All the videos you can find on youtube by him: Icy, Money Phone, I Ain't Lyin, etc. kind of describe him perfectly. There is a little bit of substance to him behind the trap but not much.
Really with Detroit music what you have to latch onto is these dudes are actually really doing what they're saying, so that adds a sort of unique gravitas to their music which is missing from modern rap, I feel.

For substance and range, my personal favorite rapper of all time is street lord juan, but his catalog is all over the corners of the earth so you have to look, no music videos, just him and a mean detroit team coming out under the shadow of the wu and all other big 90s acts.

STL Juan is also probably locked forever now too so.... Big Herk is dope and he just put out a new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikmPaVFgpbw.

Stretch Money is pretty dope.

Unfortunately trap is king in Detroit at the moment so if you're not into that there isn't much there I'm afraid. Supparay on youtube is where all the videos are at.

I get most of my stuff from here:http://www.last.fm/group/Michigan+Rap!/forum/49381/1.

Also, I'm east coast raised in a city about a 100 miles from Boston and New York. I just am really into a few dudes from the detroit scene and I can't really find the same style from artists on this coast anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY5ShkAEGsQ

Power 105 is king. I fuck with Hot 97 because I love Rosenberg and Juan but they'll never be as popular as that pop shit on Power 105. Having Ebro create drama isn't going to help.
I feel the same way. I've been listening to Hot 97 for quite some time until Ebro became part of the "crew."

Switched to Power 105 a few weeks after...

Kreed

I feel the same way. I've been listening to Hot 97 for quite some time until Ebro became part of the "crew."

The Power morning show is starting to branch to other stations too/get into syndication. Not that Power wasn't already getting a lot of positive buzz and getting more guests, but getting rid of K.Foxx and messing up the whole morning show format Rosenberg and Cipha had built up didn't do Hot97 any favors. And it's really difficult for anyone to say anything when it's the program director screwing up the show.

One of the more awkward moments was him and Rosenberg grilling Nicki Minaj about undergroup nerd rap shit. Who wants to hear that shit discussed on the radio, no one cares about Ransom or who Nicki was rapping with pre YM. It's just bad interview technique when you're more interested in asking questions only you care about.

Ebro speaks real shit and I respect him more now that I know he goes to studios to help artists make music that can be played on the radio...but at the same time he has admitted that the radio is solely focused on shit that sounds the same. And he props that system up because it makes money. But he acts like he's "real hip hop" because he can sneak an Action Bronson record into rotation, while 90% of the other rotation sounds exactly like Power 105's?

Selling 2 tickets to the Yeezus tour show at Phillips Arena in Atlanta, GA on Sunday December 1.

Section: 305
Row: P
Seats: 21,22

PM me, if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom