• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Dereck

The Kanye/Kendrick/Tyler impersonation visually is pretty good.

MAN KANYE ON THAT BULLSHIT :lol That's exactly how I expect every Kanye diss track to start from now on.

Despite the desperation in his motives, I thought the Kendrick line was sorta funny and reminiscent of Em when he broke out.

> Rap God
I need to relisten to this track then.

jordisok

LTTP:MNIMN but never thought I'd see a Pusha solo project as coherent as this, only just got round to it but damn.

Coulda done without some of the features though.

Grzi

iYqwZsJSTWknQ.gif

This gif man... I can't stop looking at it, it's so perfect.

That Hopsin track is so awful btw, damn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got around to Suffering From Success. Why did nobody say J. Cole went off on this? Goddamn, he eviscerated this track. Sounds like something left off of Born Sinner.

Overall it's pretty enjoyable thus far. Nothing else really to say about it though.

EDIT: Never Surrender OMG

Just got around to Suffering From Success. Why did nobody say J. Cole went off on this? Goddamn, he eviscerated this track. Sounds like something left off of Born Sinner.

Overall it's pretty enjoyable thus far. Nothing else really to say about it though.

EDIT: Never Surrender OMG
Cole don't get credit no matter what
checking it now

grkazan12

I'm young and still in college, but I really want to apply for a job at Revolt TV (Diddy's new channel). I know it could be a flop and it's still early, but it definitely has a lot of potential. A "Real Time w/Bill Maher" like panel show with a focus on Hip Hop or music in general would be awesome. Get like a Charlemagne or Rosenberg on there, pure fireworks mane.

Diddy did say that he wants part of the channel to be the ESPN of music, totally makes sense.

Have a Yo MTV Raps type show, with rappers coming through, and on the scene reporters on tours or other music scenes.

Getting in on it early could be similar to the early days of MTV, where everything was more loose and a little off the cuff.

If executed properly, it could be really dope.

DominoKid

I'm young and still in college, but I really want to apply for a job at Revolt TV (Diddy's new channel). I know it could be a flop and it's still early, but it definitely has a lot of potential. A "Real Time w/Bill Maher" like panel show with a focus on Hip Hop or music in general would be awesome. Get like a Charlemagne or Rosenberg on there, pure fireworks mane.

Diddy did say that he wants part of the channel to be the ESPN of music, totally makes sense.

Have a Yo MTV Raps type show, with rappers coming through, and on the scene reporters on tours or other music scenes.

Getting in on it early could be similar to the early days of MTV, where everything was more loose and a little off the cuff.

I applied. 0 chance they'll actually hit me up but you never know.

HiResDes

^Word!

In other news I had a chance to check out a few Thabiz albums in between all of the metal and I found this to be the prized gem so far:

...Might even be top ten worthy.

Esch

Banned
Speaking of Metal, why has Kanye shamelessly been biting Metallica's art and style for all his tour merch stuff? Really wack.

Rooster12

I don't think Diddy even cares or listens to Hip-Hop anymore

tmdorsey

You obviously don't know good hip hop. Do you only listen to mainstream rap?

Haha. This is funny considering I've been listening to rap for just over 25 years. I listen to mostly mainstream. Underground shit more often than not sucks and there's a reason it stays "underground" IMO.

I was randomly listening to chammilionaire "turn it up" and he says he's "hotter than a black pepper"

Made me chuckle. Shoulda said ghost, scotch bonnet or at least habanero

Rooster12

It's decent, even good with some standout tracks but I feel that Es had much more energy than Deck (which is understandable, I guess?) and both weren't as hungry as their features. The supervillain theme has been done before and they didn't really bring anything new to the table, which is a shame. As an album it doesn't work as well as it could.

Still, has some good ass tracks.

Did you really expect Inspectah Deck to bring something new to rap music? You know what you're getting when you listen to his stuff.

And Czarface is better than all the previous Deck and Eso albums combined, I know that's not saying much but still.....it's one of the year's best in my opinion.

Haha. This is funny considering I've been listening to rap for just over 25 years. I listen to mostly mainstream. Underground shit more often than not sucks and there's a reason it stays "underground" IMO.
he's joking, he's the only one that really does that even though we are really accepting here...

effzee

Just messing with you. I hate Survival, but liked both RapGod and Berserk. RapGod a lot more. Nothing ground breaking or best ever but both give me hope for at least a decent to good album.

Deluxe edition tracklisting is out for those interested:

1. “Bad Guy”
2. “Parking Lot (Skit)”
3. “Rhyme Or Reason”
4. “So Much Better”
5. “Survival”
6. “Legacy”
7. “Asshole” (Feat. Skylar Grey)
8. “Berzerk”
9. “Rap God”
10. “Brainless”
11. “Stronger Than I Was”