• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

SSLP is a personal classic to me, and the only Eminem album I enjoy.

I don't even think about whether it "ages" well or not I mean it's superior to anything Eminem will put out these days.

Threw the cruel summer cd on in the car today, clique, mercy, new god flow, cold, don't like all still go hard as fuck.

Also listened to rolling papers, surprisingly loved it, how was the album after that? Similar or even worth checking out?

I said way back when that Cruel Summer was going to be looked back on more fondly than when it was immediately released.

The best stuff on that album was out there way before release and lessened their impact.

I still enjoy MMLP as well...

Doesn't mean it aged well

I usually hear this criticism when it comes to Eminem's work, but I never understood it. Is it because of the pop culture references? Maybe it's because I grew up around the time Em started to blow up, but when I go back and listen to it I don't cringe at him mentioning Brittney Spears or JLo.

I think Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation is one of the best albums in the genre..

I heard all of their earlier stuff with the exception of Morbid Visions. I have to check it out one day.

I'll be labeled a poser, or trendy as fuck, but here are metal bands ifuck with.

NIN
Tool
System of a Down
Hatebreed
A Perfect Circle
Rob/White Zombie
Megadeath
Guns & Roses

My exposure is limited. All my friend listen to rap. I was on a huge nin kick a month ago and asked a guy at work for good new metal. He told me to listen to avenged sevenfold. I was not amused.

Suggestions? My favorites are, by far, the first three listed. But for Tool I go Undertow > Opiate >>>>>>>>>>>>> Aenima>Lateralus>> 10,000 Days.

My favorite Band by far is Intronaut, but they aren't really hard metal. I've seen people lable them as Progressive Sludge which I guess fits. They're like a new age Alice in Chains or Nirvana, and then they go into Jazz breakdowns and such.

Threw the cruel summer cd on in the car today, clique, mercy, new god flow, cold, don't like all still go hard as fuck.

Also listened to rolling papers, surprisingly loved it, how was the album after that? Similar or even worth checking out?

I still bump it from time to time in the whip those first eight songs knock so hard then it gets to The One :/ .

PBY

Banned

Also listened to rolling papers, surprisingly loved it, how was the album after that? Similar or even worth checking out?[/QUOTE
You're tickling me in all the right places 36

Esch

Banned
Played "Gold Digger" today for the event that just happened in Kanye's life!
Kind of a non starter to call the woman worth 8 figures a gold digger, breh.

Obviously marrying and impregnating kim was a series of bad ideas. Kanye just wants a Beyonce at any cost, I guess.

Obviously marrying and impregnating kim was a series of bad ideas. Kanye just wants a Beyonce at any cost, I guess.

Even after surpassing Jay-Z musically, Yeezy still wants to be the man so much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's happening RT @TLubin6: @Rosenbergradio Thank you... Any progress on getting Kanye to sit down with the Puerto Rican and the Jew?

Shut it down. It's happening AW YISSSS

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What if he really loves her?

I dont want to play you with a laughing gif.... but normally that would earn a laughing gif.

Kanye made Gold Digger and then proceeded to knockup & marry the worlds most famous Gold Digger. If it wasn't for his massive Ego I think even he would find the irony funny.

forreal. people keep rebutting by saying she's rich. but even if she was worth double kanye's net worth (i think she's about half or less though) she'd still take so much money from him after the divorce.

prenup is needed. i hope he listens to his old albums again.

Nacho Picasso has the best fucking wordplay. And seriously somebody else needs to listen to that Denmark Vessey

I listened to it earlier. Loved it every bit. Dude clearly has a lot of Dilla influence (who doesn't?). He even sounded like homeboy on a few track. Def a strong contender for top 10.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope it doesn't happen simply because you want it to happen.
I prayed for you today Toku. Today I'll pray twice. Just for you.

rosenberg can eat a dick. most of these hip hop radio dudes are lame.
Only good one is breakfast club, although I did enjoy the Danny Brown one. However that's because it's fucking Danny Brown!
Way to make it clear you've never listened to a Juan Epstein before.

grkazan12

It's happening RT @TLubin6: @Rosenbergradio Thank you... Any progress on getting Kanye to sit down with the Puerto Rican and the Jew?

Shut it down. It's happening AW YISSSS

FUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSS. I hope they can stick mostly to the music in the interview, will be dope nonetheless.

Esch

Banned
Big Sant is one of those Cyhi style weed carriers I will never have time for. I'll download a Young Roddy tape but at least I can remember what his voice sounds like.

A big KRIT weed carrier, lmao

IrishNinja

damn blackula, stay strong my dude. rough year.

link died, what was this?

you just know man. Like, g rap and kane have aged really well but KRS vinegared with the passing of time.

what Kane album you think ages better than return of boom bap/keep right?

here we go!

#HopIsBack is trending.

Oh lawd.

that's your cue to refresh & get better trends

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

It's his life and he can do what he wants, but I think you are 100% right. Tried his best to get his own Beyoncé. Can't say he succeeded. With he hating the paparazzi and she making her fortune on them (to some degree), not sure how this is going to work out.

Anyway, I am jamming this west coast classic tonight -

Daz - Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back

Front.jpg

Dude hasn't come close to this in the 15 years since it's release. Though his album with WC was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom