• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Steam brehs, you gotta download Path of Exile. It's free to play but has none of the bullshit pay to win stuff in it, the game is fun as hell, and if you like ARPG's (Titan Quest, Diablo, etc etc) theres no reason you shouldn't love it. Me and PhoenixDark were playing last night and it was dope. Awesome game and it's FREE! So download it on Steam and play with us.

Also, Jay had the right idea productionwise on MCHG, he should just go with more mellowed out and simpler versions, and make an album teaching the people how to run a business. It should be the "Come Into My Trading Room" of hip hop albums.

Missing out on so much stuff and music because of my ISP.

Edit: Any good albums came out these couple of weeks?

Was wondering what happened to you, damn. You should cop Trap Lord if you haven't already, and The Night's Gambit, and the new Lil Ugly Manes.

grkazan12

He should just retire after WTT2

True, one of the things that hurts me the most is that he's performing at my school and I know Jay's pretty good live for a hip hop show, but I can say with certainty most of the kids who are going just want to hear shit like Empire State of Mind and more recent stuff.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yup I recently discovered her music. Kept hearing that club remix of Summertime Sadness on the radio and just knew the actual song had to be better than the generic remix.

Wife hates her cause apparently she is fake indie and a wannabe hipster living in Brooklyn pop singer who switched her style after wanting to be a Britney Spears.

Don't know about all that but her music is very moody and I love it. I'll take her pop singing over any of the pop artists out there.

Yeah, I don't follow pop drama or anything. But that moody, semi-retro, sexually-infused singer/songwriter-lost-in-Americana vibe is like crack to me. Oh, and she came up in the trailer parks, if her Wiki is to be believed.

Esch

Banned
VICE eats with Action Bronson and Big Body Bes @ Marea

tumblr_m21lkfqMm61r5gvg1o1_250.gif

effzee

Yeah, I don't follow pop drama or anything. But that moody, semi-retro, sexually-infused singer/songwriter-lost-in-Americana vibe is like crack to me. Oh, and she came up in the trailer parks, if her Wiki is to be believed.

Yeah that's what it is. I don't think she is even that attractive but her her voice and singing style is very seductive.

When is her next album out?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was thinking about this last night, if Jay Z was making the last album of his career and how should he go out.

what producers should be on it?
features?
theme of the album?

I doubt this would happen, but I think something that could take it back to the Rocafella days could be dope. Kanye will definitely be on it, but I think some Ye only produced tracks could be awesome. Just,Timbo, and Pharell will definitely be on there, but an Irv Gotti beat like something from Reasonable Doubt would be cool, and something from Rubin would be nice. I know he doesn't fuck with them as much, but some Roc dudes on there would be cool too.

I know it's a pipe dream and Jay's recent MCHG is still following that stadium hip hop trend. I mean MCHG had great beats, but I feel that Jay didn't mesh well with some beats and couldn't even keep up with them at times.

I'm really interested to see what you guys would want. I mean I doubt this would happen and I feel he's hurting his legacy more by doing new stuff, but the kids do love that Empire State of Mind shit and On to the Next One.

He already made the perfect retirement album, black album. The only Jay Z album I consider a classic and I can listen front to back.

Yo Ace, that SMCintro is hot, really feeling that one.

The return of Gangsta Lu?

"Day one Lupe Fiasco fans, from 2003 or 2004, they're gonna get a lot of that back," he says."That's gonna be a surprise. You gotta have those five or so years to have that retrospective moment."

"For some people it's gonna be a shock, because there are no politics on the record. Consciously, there are no politics on the record," he tells Rolling Stone, adding "If you want to hear my political spiel or some psuedo-intellectual Lupe, go listen to [2012's] Food & Liquor II. From here on out, I'm just making music."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...litics-on-tetsuo-youth-20131025#ixzz2ilsogytG

HiiiLife

I didn't think it could happen but TDE literally let me down three times in a row. That's kinda funny when I keep thinking about it.

I didn't think it could happen but TDE literally let me down three times in a row. That's kinda funny when I keep thinking about it.

You mean with the reveals? Jay Rock remix was good I thought. Soul was ok.
I just really wanted Man of the Year. Fuck I love that beat and what is presumably the hook.

HiiiLife

You mean with the reveals? Jay Rock remix was good I thought. Soul was ok.
I just really wanted Man of the Year. Fuck I love that beat and what is presumably the hook.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of any of it. Especially Soul's. I know he can do better. I personally couldn't care less for Jay Rock and that freestyle failed to catch my ear just like his previous albums, and Q is just being Schoolboy Q at this point. Everything seems so typical lol. Fucking Banger. Where is Break the Bank for crying out loud.

siddx

Never heard Banger before now, I like it..but don't love it.
Still have faith Oxy will be good.

But Jay Rock has been my number one anticipated since follow me home. Just enjoy his sound, has a great voice, and he has leveled the fuck up since then lyrics wise.

Cudder

now that we know the album is coming in January I dunno why anyone would expect yet another track from it. they're probably saving what they have to market with for January.

siddx

now that we know the album is coming in January I dunno why anyone would expect yet another track from it. they're probably saving what they have to market with for January.

Well thats what I don't get about people chastising TDE for not promoting the album. If it comes out in January of next year, it makes no sense to waste time and money pushing it right now. Wait till November or December and go on the offensive, just market the shit out of it then.

In the mean time they really should put out a black hippy EP or something.

Tokubetsu

Well thats what I don't get about people chastising TDE for not promoting the album. If it comes out in January of next year, it makes no sense to waste time and money pushing it right now. Wait till November or December and go on the offensive, just market the shit out of it then.

In the mean time they really should put out a black hippy EP or something.

King Kendrick has no more time to record with plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom