• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic

I like that 3-6 posted above. From my understanding though it's like one dope song for every 20 with them tho, right?
Any one can point em out for me?

cryptic

Double post but fuck... double thought..does anyone hear listen to Esham at all with his acid rap stuff. He's got some dope lines but his catalogue is extensive and I'm not sure where to start there either.

HiiiLife

Never fucked with Esham, only heard a couple tracks from him when I was in HS because I believe Em was influenced by his style. Don't really have an opinion on him to give ya. Sorry breh.

T Dollarz

In almost complete unison with D. Rose, T Dollarz is here to make #TheReturn

HE BACK!!!!!

giphy.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Aside from the Dronher track, I think this is Ab Soul's best verse in '13.

http://youtu.be/SORIywwa6NA

I know the dude could make a great record, I hope BLP will be it but I'm def curbing my expectations. For better or worse I'm anxious to hear what he puts out. There's nothing I hate more than wasted potential... :(

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah everything I've ever heard from Esham has been embarrassingly garbage. I picked up an album in the late 90's and even back then when my standards for entertaining me with hip hop was pretty damn low, I thought it was terrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Banger does nothing for me.

Oh well, at least that's more than what Jay Rock and Ab-Soul put out.

Listening to Travi$ Scott. He's not a great rapper but Owl Pharaoh has some dank shit.

http://youtu.be/dRu1MG9Gq4A

This is like a Kanye outtake. He mostly channels Kanye and Cudi which works for me.

http://youtu.be/OB_3gSmPQto

Meek Mill rap like they started the rollercoaster and he ain't strapped in.
Bandz is SotY.

overcast

now that we know the album is coming in January I dunno why anyone would expect yet another track from it. they're probably saving what they have to market with for January.
Yeah. I think at this point it was unrealistic to expect anything else.

I think Banger is going to be a deluxe track tbh. Love that song though.

Was considering buying the new Beats studio but couldn't find any good reviews on them. So I guess they're not worth the price point.

Which headphones on the market are cheaper than Beats but have the same or better sound quality and noise cancellation feature?

HRD save meh

Cudder

Was considering buying the new Beats studio but couldn't find any good reviews on them. So I guess they're not worth the price point.

Which headphones on the market are cheaper than Beats but have the same or better sound quality and noise cancellation feature?

HRD save meh
Well they did improve the Beats in many areas, so I guess you could say the new Studios are "more worth it" than the old ones were, which I have.

Tbh I've always had this issue with my beats where as soon as I turn them on I get a high pitch ringing in my left ear that fluctuates and sputters. Not sure what causes it but its annoying as fuck. For that reason I sometimes opt to just take my 10$ Sony ear buds with me. :/

Well they did improve the Beats in many areas, so I guess you could say the new Studios are "more worth it" than the old ones were, which I have.

Tbh I've always had this issue with my beats where as soon as I turn them on I get a high pitch ringing in my left ear that fluctuates and sputters. Not sure what causes it but its annoying as fuck. For that reason I sometimes opt to just take my 10$ Sony ear buds with me. :/
I had a pair of Beats Studio that broke last year. The battery inside the headphone was broken or something. Had them for two years and got them for $200. I used to get the buzzing sound in my ear when the headphones were about to die.

Really doesn't seem that they're worth the $300 but dat marketing too stronk.

DominoKid

HRD save meh

Do What U Want
through Dr. Dre's headphones.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The new Pusher T has been growing on me a lot. Maybe it's because there's not much coming out for the rest of the year, but it's getting some play around here. It's a bit front loaded with the best shit on tracks one and two, but the more I listen the more I appreciate the album as a whole. The production is strong and Pusha is the type of rapper that can carry a track on his flow alone. Delete the Chris Brown track and it's in my top ten for sure, maybe even five if I'm feeling generous.

Cudder

The new Pusher T has been growing on me a lot. Maybe it's because there's not much coming out for the rest of the year, but it's getting some play around here. It's a bit front loaded with the best shit on tracks one and two, but the more I listen the more I appreciate the album as a whole. The production is strong and Pusha is the type of rapper that can carry a track on his flow alone. Delete the Chris Brown track and it's in my top ten for sure, maybe even five if I'm feeling generous.

delete the CB track but leave the Kelly Rowland track? ew

siddx

I got some beats earbuds for free with my HTC One...well I don't know if they are actually beats earbuds. They have the flat wire thing and they looks like beats, but I suppose they could just be designed to look that way. But regardless, they are some of the best earbuds I've owned. Although to be fair I've never spent more than 30 bucks on earbuds before. But yeah, really great bass and extremely high volume. I know beats get a lot of shit and they are likely overpriced like a motherfucker, but all my experiences so far (trying on some studios at a store, borrowing a friends) have been positive. I think the quality is definitely a distinct step above your standard earphones.

Still love my Audiotechnica ATH M-50's the most though.

mooooose

listening to a lot of outkast, gkmc is just an outkast album with a west coast flavor. w hy doesnt he get called out on this as much as someone like rocky does.

T Dollarz

Chris Brown track is one of the few best on the album. Idk, I feel like it has REALLY high highs but aside from those few songs it is pretty forgettable. Pusha has great flow but I don't care about what he's talking about lyrically. It's hit and miss, basically.

And WHEEEEEEWWW brehs, that Mista Thug Isolation started the morning off right. Shit BANGS. It's very raw, and I think I definitely prefer Nostalgic 64 because of it's more polished and cohesive feel. Curry is a better rapper by a lot too. Still, pretty nice album here.

HiResDes

HRD save meh
Here are my top five choices for around $200:
I like that 3-6 posted above. From my understanding though it's like one dope song for every 20 with them tho, right?
Any one can point em out for me?
No are you nuts...The End, Mystic Styles, The Underground Vol.1, Choices, and even their offspin artists sport a bevvy of dope releases. Da Krucifixin is great.

Also Mista Thug Isolation is a tier above N64...It is probably the best post heyday Three 6 Mafia Memphis-Rap album.

I don't think the Chris Brown or Kelly tracks are bad (dat Mase flow), just boring.

King Push, Numbers On The Board, Suicide, Nostalgia, Pain, SNITCH >>> the rest. 6/12 on the Esch Scale™.

siddx

I listened through that pusha album once and then had zero desire to go back to it. And yet it was still better than malice's musical abortion. Although to be fair I've never liked malice, I think his style and flow is horrendous.

As much as I can't stand big Sean or nicki minaaj, that MILF track is hilarious. Only song from the album I still listen to.

Oh and this is the most famous rapper in Vietnam, name is Suboi...I really want to see her live, I don't care if her music is any good, she is so fucking hot.

File:Suboi_performing_in_Ho_Chi_Minh_City_in_December_2013.jpg

Edit : shit I'm on my phone and can't link worth shit. Oh well.

HiResDes

I listened through that pusha album once and then had zero desire to go back to it. And yet it was still better than malice's musical abortion. Although to be fair I've never liked malice, I think his style and flow is horrendous.

As much as I can't stand big Sean or nicki minaaj, that MILF track is hilarious. Only song from the album I still listen to.

Pretty spot on on every note.

HiResDes

Oh and this is the most famous rapper in Vietnam, name is Suboi...I really want to see her live, I don't care if her music is any good, she is so fucking hot.

File:Suboi_performing_in_Ho_Chi_Minh_City_in_December_2013.jpg

Edit : shit I'm on my phone and can't link worth shit. Oh well.

suboi1.jpg
vietnam-festival-tokyo-suboi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom