• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I swear I'll enjoy listening to the album version of a track I hear recorded from a concert on youtube. My speakers never do justice to that cell phone distorted bass vibe.

lol. Slightly losing control of his accent. He really doesn't give a single fuck this season. OT, but I don't think I've seen a show jump so many sharks in single episodes as Sons. The amount of fuckery is unparalleled.

This season is ridiculous. They're hitting on all the "taboo" TV subjects and FLYING right past them with a shrug and an "IDGAF" face. It's amazing.

The scene from last week at the table was the worst I've heard from Jax thus far. It was like Sons of Anarchy: UK Edition.

Esch

Banned
lol. Slightly losing control of his accent. He really doesn't give a single fuck this season. OT, but I don't think I've seen a show jump so many sharks in single episodes as Sons. The amount of fuckery is unparalleled.

i stopped watching in S4(?) just as toku foretold. feeling like i should jump in and enjoy the white trash fukkery but i just cant. stopped watching when they went to ireland

Esch

Banned
that pac/biggie video is hilarious, it's like half puff daddy budget, half poverty youtube stuff.

please never let swizzy near a mic guys. some people just have to be told no.

This is weird, Ross is turning into one of my favorite rappers.

MY JUROR PAULA DEEN

Edit: Meek has to be one of the most creatively bankrupt dudes in rap right now. It's like he just fills out a template for each one of his verses, never switches up the rhyme scheme or flow, and tries to hang his hat on being a punchline rapper with a loud, piercing delivery. I'm not buying his shtick.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is weird, Ross is turning into one of my favorite rappers.

MY JUROR PAULA DEEN

Edit: Meek has to be one of the most creatively bankrupt dudes in rap right now. It's like he just fills out a template for each one of his verses, never switches up the rhyme scheme or flow, and tries to hang his hat on being a punchline rapper with a loud, piercing delivery. I'm not buying his shtick.
I think I've heard Meek namedrop the Mulsanne in like 3 different songs recently.

Esch

Banned
That Meek Mill Rap Like account is kinda corny but it needed to be made. when he's going in it's like the sound equivalent of that feeling when your pipes are a little backed up from some weird food and you just gotta squeeze out that poop with all your might.

What's up with Em rapping over these Chuck E. Cheese instrumentals? Like I can deadass imagine this being played while kids are diving into to ball pits. Add to the fact it's nothing special lyrically and that choppy flow...what happened to this man?

Maybe his first 3 albums were a fluke and he really was nothing special. I don't know what to think of this...I really don't.

Cheddahz

Banned
I listened to Watching Movies With the Sound Off with some of my friends today, I somewhat dug it. I'm not going to say that it is amazing, but it's good to see Mac Miller finally growing up

codhand

so Marshall Mathers latest bowel movement ft. Rihanna is dropping tonight

board that Hype Bike!

doing-it-in-style-the-worlds-best-toilet-inventions-1-1-300x249.jpg

I mean, people can feel however they want to about his records from Encore onwards.. but his first 3 albums definitely weren't a fluke.

If this album isn't solid, then that would mean the majority of his discography is sub-par. This is coming from someone who's first album they had was the edited version of MMLP.

If this album isn't solid, then that would mean the majority of his discography is sub-par. This is coming from someone who's first album they had was the edited version of MMLP.

That still wouldn't mean his first three albums were flukes. Just a case of falling off, like many artists have done. One album could be a fluke. At a stretch you could include two. But three albums is a solid collection of work. And when you consider all the personal problems he's had with massive pill addiction and all that after those three albums, it supports more of a falling off rather than never having real talent, which is what "fluke" insinuates.

That still wouldn't mean his first three albums were flukes. Just a case of falling off, like many artists have done. One album could be a fluke. At a stretch you could include two. But three albums is a solid collection of work. And when you consider all the personal problems he's had with massive pill addiction and all that after those three albums, it supports more of a falling off rather than never having real talent, which is what "fluke" insinuates.

That may be true, but Em has released sooo many cringe worthy verses since 2010 that I'm starting to believe the contrary. At some point he can't keep receiving a pass just because he made playable music at one point in his career. I can't defend this man no more.

That may be true, but Em has released sooo many cringe worthy verses since 2010 that I'm starting to believe the contrary. At some point he can't keep receiving a pass just because he made playable music at one point in his career. I can't defend this man no more.

Bad Meets Evil was good imo. His features have mostly been solid too. But I'm in the group that doesn't mind his punchline stuff.

Dereck

I liked Bad Meets Evil more than everything he made after The Eminem Show.
I just don't get who he thinks he's fooling calling it The Marshall Mathers LP 2?
Do rappers ever listen to their older albums? Otherwise it just seems like an obvious and petty marketing technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom