• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

I'm that dude who thought Relapse was fucking outstanding, lyrical as hell, dope ass Dre beats, shit that I could vibe to....no yelling corny ass punchlines over some weak Alex Da Kid shit

HiiiLife

I'm that dude who thought Relapse was fucking outstanding, lyrical as hell, dope ass Dre beats, shit that I could vibe to....no yelling corny ass punchlines over some weak Alex Da Kid shit

I'm in that boat too. Fuck the complaints about the accent. Dude snapped and Dre's beats were fire. I enjoyed that album. It's the type of shit I'd expect from Marshall. Now people are saying they'd rather have Relapse Em content after this super pop shit. Nah fam. Y'all asked for this. Now live with it lol.

Dereck

I'm in that boat too. Fuck the complaints about the accent. Dude snapped and Dre's beats were fire. I enjoyed that album. It's the type of shit I'd expect from Marshall. Now people are saying they'd rather have Relapse Em content after this super pop shit. Nah fam. Y'all asked for this. Now live with it lol.
When Relapse dropped what were people saying they wanted instead?

HiiiLife

When Relapse dropped what were people saying they wanted instead?

They were tired of the killing Shady because it was so typical and wanted more mature shit. They hated it.

Recovery drops. Not Aftaid Em is born. Yayyyyyyy. "Relapse is in the trash." "Yeah I agree Em put Relapse in that trash can."

A year after Recovery is out.. "I want Relapse Em back."

Smh. Fuck this shit and I hate the fans for doing this to me. Lol.

HiiiLife

Relapse had some really dope songs, but then some really terrible songs.

And those fucking accents.

Agreed. My Mom, Insane, Bagpipes comes to mind for weak shit. But I genuinely enjoyed that album. It sounded cohesive to me. I dug that serial killer theme. And the accent kind of just clicked with me. Obviously I prefer his normal voice, but it didn't bring down my listening experience.

Em is surrounded by too many yes men in the studio. Smh.

Em is surrounded by too many yes men in the studio. Smh.

This has to be what it is. It's the only explanation that makes sense with going from Hell the Sequel to Survival and Monster. I mean.. I get that he does that stuff for Pop top 40 list stuff but at least do it to better production.

LOL same here I loved Relapse had a lot songs I fucked with it heavily.

HiiiLife

This has to be what it is. It's the only explanation that makes sense with going from Hell the Sequel to Survival and Monster. I mean.. I get that he does that stuff for Pop top 40 list stuff but at least do it to better production.

It really is. At least one of the contributing factors to his shitty music lately. And he lost his ear for beats. Business and Without Me are probably a couple of the poppiest sounding tracks on TES and I thought those tracks were cold. He produced those right? Smh. The hell are these beats fam. Lol. Get this ish outta here.

Em sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing anymore. His old stuff has some good song writing. Dope choruses, memorable verses, dope beats, etc. So why is he rapping over this mixtape shit now? I can't believe he heard this shit and was like "wow lemme write to this."

Alchemist said he heard Em's new stuff and was impressed. That's probably him just kissing ass in hopes of getting on the production credits lol.

HiiiLife

Alchemist said he heard Em's new stuff and was impressed. That's probably him just kissing ass in hopes of getting on the production credits lol.

Bruh! These yes men ass ninjas need to chill and pull ol' boy aside, slap him on the head and say, "money, this is not fresh." Lol. Slaughterhouse too.

"I had nightmares listening to his new album." - Royce.

Yeah. So will I Royce, so will I.

2013 Eminem?

555322240.gif

HiiiLife

LOL same here I loved Relapse had a lot songs I fucked with it heavily.

He gotta chill with this new shit breh. Lol.

Some comment in the MMLP2 thread explained my hype for this album. It's like a roller coaster. Only I'm still waiting in line. Me getting close to the front was with Rap God, then the ride all of a sudden closes down due to technical issues. And I'm left in the cold and have to go ride the carsousel (Drake's music).

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The production on relapse was incredible, one if the best produced albums in years. But em's lyrics were so fucking lazy. Every fucking verse he rhymes a single word the entire way through. That's fine for one song, but when it's every verse in every song, a lot of verses fall apart. Some of the lyrics were so laughably bad because he was sticking to that dumb gimmick.

PBY

Banned
I actually think I unironically like Monsters after 3 listens.

But I like it in the way I like Thrift Shop. Beat is catchy man, can't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom