• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Action Bronson Blue Chips 2 Teaser

iQGBBA32SKJCs.gif

I fucking love this dude lmao

codhand

to be fair i read interviews with Will.I.Am back in the day where he basically said, he was gonna do any and everything to make it (read: first opportunity to sellout; he's there), this was just prior to the BEP Jam single's release, and pre-fergi. my point is his interest was always in hits, and never quality which makes their first single about being "real hip-hop" (still the best thing he's ever done) a completely disingenuous attempt to get a foothold

Reporting in to Hip-Hop GAF. As stated before still very new to this genre but so far these have been the most consistent stuff sticking to my playlist.

Run the Jewels
R.A.P Music
Old
GKMC
Death Grips- The Money Store (As someone who listens to lots of Noise and Grind and stuff this was a really easy transition. Pretty amazing stuff.)

Favorite MC so far is... Killer Mike. Followed closely by Danny Brown.

Next album I plan on picking up is the new Black Milk thingy. Like what I have heard so far off that.

Did you only list contemporary stuff or haven't you dug into classics yet? Your tastes sound very similar to mine so go check out Liquid Swords by GZA (and other Wu stuff), if you haven't already. Very cold and grimy record which got me into the genre some years ago. Might also wanna check out some 90's Memphis stuff for dem dark beats.

And XXX is way better Danny Brown album than Old if you haven't got around that yet.

Tokubetsu

to be fair i read interviews with Will.I.Am back in the day where he basically said, he was gonna do any and everything to make it (read: first opportunity to sellout; he's there), this was just prior to the BEP Jam single's release, and pre-fergi. my point is his interest was always in hits, and never quality which makes their first single about being "real hip-hop" (still the best thing he's ever done) a completely disingenuous attempt to get a foothold

I think anyone who's even sorta followed will.i.am's career knew he was a bullshitter. To get in some kids face about shit though is taking the whole "I hate myself so let me shit on you too" to another level of salt.

overcast

Agreed my man. Die hard Chicago Bulls fan here, but also just a huge fan of the NBA. I am so hype.
Excited to see how you guys turn out. Hopefully stay healthy.

Rockets fan since I was a kid (hopefully I'm not labeled a bandwagoner), so I'm cautiously optimistic for the year.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I remember when I got excited for the start of the NBA season. At least the Huskies have a 5* PG coming in this season!
I just follow former Huskies and Washington kids in the NBA now

codhand

free jonwayne tape was good not great, hes definitely likable though, i think id like it better if it wasnt all jackin fa beats

codhand

i c u irish ninja keep doin ya thing

i had no idea db had a numbers freestyle, awesome, beat is crazy.

as far as jonwayne making his own beats, that's what sold me on checking him out, cause i love rappers that make their own shit, so when i heard the tape i was like wtf? but ive no doubt he has plenty of his own based on everyones comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom