• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Action Bronson - Practice (prod. by Party Supplies)

tumblr_mhpzphHDFD1rpc1rco1_500.gif

quoting for new page because fuck Eminem

I knew I was going to like it when I heard the intro lmao

G Rap said he recorded a verse for Bronson's new album, I wonder if he was talking about Blue Chips 2.

Oh lawd.... Well, Bronson says it is his best so far. very hype for friday

Esch

Banned
Once AGAIN Jeezy picks a fight with the wrong people

The Hells Angels don't need baseball bats and chains to protect their image -- all they need is a good lawyer, which is exactly what they got to sue rapper Young Jeezy's clothing line ... claiming Jeezy's company jacked their iconic Death Head logo.

The fabled motorcycle club filed the lawsuit against 8732 Apparel for essentially reprinting the Hells Angels logo on jackets and hats ... and selling them for a massive profit.

The 8732 design isn't an exact rip-off ... but Hells Angels claims it's close enough to confuse people.

1028-hells-angels-8732-apparel
HA claims 8732 has already earned substantial profits from the bootleg merch, and the motorcycle club wants every last cent of that money.

The club is now suing for unspecified damages. It also wants a judge to force 8732 to stop selling anything with an HA-looking logo on it. Calls to 8732 were not returned.

FYI, this isn't the first time the Hells Angels went ballistic over someone stealing their logo -- you'll recall, they sued Rob Dyrdek's clothing company and MTV last year for the same thing.

1028-hells-angels-8732-apparel-1.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I really enjoy Skylar's solo music. Probably enjoy it more than I should. I can't even begin to understand what in the fuck goes on in the studio when she links up with Em. He brings out the absolute worst in her. It's like he just writes a dumbass hook and tells her to sing it.

This dude is ridiculously talented, but I can't even with how beyond basura a lot of these tracks are.

This has some hot songs, but overall, a lot of this shit is recycle bin status.

Rooster12

Rap God is actually one of the better songs on there....that's all you need to know about MMLP2

And that Kendrick Lamar song isn't that bad.....ok it's bad....but at least it's entertaining.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really don't find any of the Em albums strong overall, but I didn't/don't really hate Encore. It has some of my favourite Em songs ever. Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Encore, etc.

I judge Em albums by the strength of their best songs really.

The highs on this album are higher than Recovery and Relapse (depending on how much the accents annoy you). There's a good bit of average but the bad really is limited to singles.

Linkhero1

Only decent songs, imo, are Bad Guy, Rhyme or Reason, Love Game and Evil Twin, and even then they do not come close to being top tier. This album was a hot mess full of pop, singing, and useless features.

I like the classic rock waves throughout the album but overall it's a pretty bad album. Headlights is a nice song, and I gotta say it's cool to learn he has forgiven his mom. I still remember the first time I heard the MMLP so seeing him come full circle with his mom is a good thing.

album is still trash tho

(btw Kendrick and Em are dope on Love game)

HiiiLife

Yeah. I think this album is lower than Recovery. That means it's one above Encore, his worst. And Recovery wasn't good either. Lol. I liked NWTS much more. WORST.

MMLP2 isn't Encore bad, but it's on that tier. I don't feel like I ever need to hear anything from this album again. Ever.

Watch the deluxe edition bonus tracks be better than all of this.

DominoKid

MMLP2 is
ivIlZCm3oTOCh.png
/10. It's like the worst parts of Encore and Recovery.

I feel like Eminem stans (especially the ones who think his recent solo work is actually good) just listen to rap differently.

Esch

Banned
the hell's angels might be
68GHrtw.png
but once again Jeezy should generally avoid poking the organized crime bear

he'll settle out of court tho

Cudder

I like the classic rock waves throughout the album but overall it's a pretty bad album. Headlights is a nice song, and I gotta say it's cool to learn he has forgiven his mom. I still remember the first time I heard the MMLP so seeing him come full circle with his mom is a good thing.

album is still trash tho

(btw Kendrick and Em are dope on Love game)

How many throwbacks to the original are on this album? Listened to the first 2 tracks and there's already been throwbacks or "sequels" to Stan and Criminal...

not sure what to think

Esch

Banned
I really don't find any of the Em albums strong overall, but I didn't/don't really hate Encore. It has some of my favourite Em songs ever. Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Encore, etc.

I judge Em albums by the strength of their best songs really.

so you just gonna ignore using my rating scale when it comes to eminem

is that fair fam

is that what the enzo brand is all about, letting shitty songs slide

cdyhybrid

There is an entire EDM thread devoted to the same type of people in the dance scene. You can't even start to comprehend them.

Eh, I post there, but you generally don't see people in that thread declaring stuff "classic" :p Although maybe that's more of a hip-hop thread thing in general. I see that thread as the Pop-GAF to the Electronic Music Thread's GAF-Hop (minus the .gifs). Just different audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom