• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Em record is doodoo/10

Evil Twin is the only slick track on the fuckin set and even then his lyrics are still same ol' shit. I knew in the back of my head I could easily just switch that album off and go to something else during my run, but I strongly considered just running into oncoming traffic right about when Asshole came on, I basically did during Stronger Than I Was, but traffic was being re-routed due to construction.

Dereck

That Em record is doodoo/10

Evil Twin is the only slick track on the fuckin set and even then his lyrics are still same ol' shit. I knew in the back of my head I could easily just switch that album off and go to something else during my run, but I strongly considered just running into oncoming traffic right about when Asshole came on, I basically did during Stronger Than I Was, but traffic was being re-routed due to construction.
Man I don't even want to listen to this shit.

Recycle Bin Classic confirmed?

wenis

Man I don't even want to listen to this shit.

Recycle Bin Classic confirmed?

I say you'll need to listen to it once, purely because this shit is going to sell like hot cakes. separating your taste from the taste of the masses on this record, you'll need to at least make your arguments cogent on why this record is just either fucking average or sub-fuckin-average on every point. It's got those hard tracks where em is pokin fun at (dated) pop culture figures (tori spelling horse face joke, oh em, you so clever!) or a track talking about his daddy issues or him finally stop whining about his mom.

This thing is made for the 26 year old, suburban moms to go out jogging with and for the college brah's to listen to while they work on their delts or the pouty 15 year old kids who just started getting into hip.hop.

It's a bad record that you need to listen to.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Not going to be able to listen to that shit until I get to Germany. YO, if I don't post by Saturday, check for flights going down and shit from Chicago. Y'all may save me from having to eat a motherfucker, Donner style.

PBY

Banned
Just wait...

Just go through the first skit... still cool.

Track 3, Rhyme or Reason.

Well, didn't expect this. Beat is weird. Not the worst thing? Lyrics are aight, track is fine, hook is some doodooo though.

edit: Why are all the tracks like 5+minutes long?

PBY

Banned
I see Survival is the next track.

And I'm excited to hear it.

Tracks 3-4 are so damn boring.

This album is at least mixed/mastered nicely tho.

PBY

Banned
Couldn't make it through survival.

Yo dat beat on Legacy. Until pop chick comes in. But when hes rapping song is pretty fucking good. And then LEGACYYYY LEGACYYYY LEGACYYY.

:/

PBY

Banned
Yeah. He doesn't need any features or other vocals. It killed a lot of the songs for me. Ended up just skipping those songs.

So yeah, thats the most shocking part. He has great energy on a lot of these tracks, and his flow is on point. Hes saying absolutely nothing, but eh, I don't think Em needs to. He has some nice punchlines. The beats/hook choices on this tho... anti-whew.

First track reels you in.

To put you through some bullshit

I give it a decent 6/10. I didn't listen to any of the singles again because they were so trash.

Rap god was decent tho

PBY

Banned
HOL UP

STRONGER THAN I WAS

There are so many thecoli emotions that I need to use right now. The way this song makes me feel would have Blackace banning my ass in 2 seconds.

JohnDoe

Banned
The hooks really are trash man.

HOL UP

STRONGER THAN I WAS

There are so many thecoli emotions that I need to use right now. The way this song makes me feel would have Blackace banning my ass in 2 seconds.

68GHrtw.png

This will do

Linkhero1

So yeah, thats the most shocking part. He has great energy on a lot of these tracks, and his flow is on point. Hes saying absolutely nothing, but eh, I don't think Em needs to. He has some nice punchlines. The beats/hook choices on this tho... anti-whew.

I'm want to say that I'm surprised with the beats he went with since he has pretty much access to a wide array of beats but I'm not. Only reason I could see him go with those hook choices is because he wants to be more radio friendly with those songs which I respect but it's not for me.

Plus, no Dre beat? What's up with that? I don't know if any of his bonus tracks have Dre beats but I expected one in his album. Instead we get some countrified shit.

wenis

There was a GIF that came to mind of Cytherea squirting so hard that she hits the cameraman. Stronger Than I Was in this case is the liquid. We're the cameraman.

DominoKid

HOL UP

STRONGER THAN I WAS

my soul left my body the first time i heard that. i can't believe that song ever made it past the demo stage.

Cudder

new Em sucks ass brehs, and not in a good way like the way I like to

not one redeeming thing on here, beats are garbage, the constant throwbacks and reminders that he once did something great are garbage and unneeded. the shitty sing songy choruses on damn near every track. his accents are back. that kendrick track was fucking shit.

every new Em album that gets released makes me appreciate Relapse more and more. It had some fun flows and lyrics and was at least fun to listen to. And he at least tried something different on that one with the horrorcore bits.

edit: yeah, and that Stronger than I was track is literally the worst track hes ever done.

JohnDoe

Banned
The guy actually kills all of his features, but his solo songs are so fucking bland...I don't even know how such a thing is possible.

Method Man after Tical was the same to me.
Some people just don't know how to put an interesting song together.
Let alone an album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Method Man after Tical was the same to me.
Some people just don't know how to put an interesting song together.
Let alone an album.
Busta
Ludacris

Are two other people that have this problem

Out January 21st:
Step_Brothers_Lord-Steppington.jpg

Tracklist:
1. “More Wins”
2. “Dr. Kimble”
3. “Byron G” f/ Domo Genesis & The Whooliganz (produced by Evidence)
4. “Legendary Mesh”
5. “No Hesitation” f/ Styles P
6. “Swimteam Rastas”
7. “Mums In The Garage” f/ Action Bronson
8. “See The Rich Man Play” f/ Roc Marciano
9. “Banging Sound” f/ Fashawn
10. “Step Masters”
11. “Tomorrow” f/ Rakka Iriscience & Blu
12. “Draw Something” f/ Oh No
13. “Buzzing Away”
14. “Just Step”

Non-album track, "Ron Carter": http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2013/10/step-brothers-alchemist-evidence-ron-carter

mooooose

Leaving soon for this midnight Chance show. Kinda hype but I'm also tired and I won't be home until like 4am. He better bring the juice (pause).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom