• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coming from someone who owns The Preface and The Leftovers tape, he bugging. He hasn't put out any new music since Elmatic. I'm looking at some of these packages and I'm trying to figure out who thought this was a good idea. $2, 500 to play COD with some underground rapper? $5, 000 to get him and his camp to drive me around Detroit of all places? The best they can do in that predicament is let me see the house on the MMLP cover.

codhand

Q puttin Man of the Year in that broke ass NBA Live 14.

the tracklist is gonna be better than the game

lol,

he-chose...poorly.jpg

Deschutes to distribute beers to Kentucky and Ohio

damn ,des, jealous!

overcast

Omzz

"MMLP2 is a classic"

And damn i been lookin really forward to hearing the full track for man of the year ever since the BDKMV video

Coming from someone who owns The Preface and The Leftovers tape, he bugging. He hasn't put out any new music since Elmatic. I'm looking at some of these packages and I'm trying to figure out who thought this was a good idea. $2, 500 to play COD with some underground rapper? $5, 000 to get him and his camp to drive me around Detroit of all places? The best they can do in that predicament is let me see the house on the MMLP cover.

Yup, shit is sad. Unless some industry folks pitch in I can't see him reaching 25k.

An underground rapper can't sit around doing nothing for 2 years. Furthermore Detroit has plenty of dope producers who would be receptive to doing a project with a dope MC. Apollo Brown has done entire albums with dudes who probably don't have $300 in their bank account (Hassan Mackey - great album btw). Elzhi has ties to Black Milk, Houseshoes thinks he's dope, etc. The last few years have really been dominated by collab projects, at least amongst the "underground" scene; think Run The Jewels, Action Bronson+whoever, and Alchemist's various projects. Someone as dope as Elzhi can't secure something like that?

I remember there was talk about a Madlib project but it never came to fruition. That's understandable given how flaky Madlib is now, but again...Apollo Brown.

codhand

as someone who makes, records, mixes, distributes etc etc i could never justify this e-panhandlin shit, get out there and grind, if you dont make it, have that plan b fam

as someone who makes, records, mixes, distributes etc etc i could never justify this e-panhandlin shit, get out there and grind, if you dont make it, have that plan b fam

It's a lot of money, especially when you're out there on the level Elzhi is...but at the end of the day you have to spend money to make money. You also have to grind to make money, especially in rap. Elzhi is never going to go gold, but you don't have to anymore - at least not in the underground. Czarface did very well by giving people music and a product worthy buying. Run The Jewels, same thing. Action Bronson makes good money nightly. But in order to do that you need to establish yourself amongst the audience. And you can't do that by going dark for 2 years, then re-appearing with a Kickstarer.

JohnDoe

Banned
It's a shame because he has shown that he is pretty talented. Saw him live too, dude killed it. At one point he spit a whole verse in double time without losing his breath or making a single mistake.

Tokubetsu

It's a lot of money, especially when you're out there on the level Elzhi is...but at the end of the day you have to spend money to make money. You also have to grind to make money, especially in rap. Elzhi is never going to go gold, but you don't have to anymore - at least not in the underground. Czarface did very well by giving people music and a product worthy buying. Run The Jewels, same thing. Action Bronson makes good money nightly. But in order to do that you need to establish yourself amongst the audience. And you can't do that by going dark for 2 years, then re-appearing with a Kickstarer.

Preface was well regarded in underground circles. Surprised he didn't tour and use that to get somewhere higher. "Talking In My Sleep" still one of my favorite late 00s rap tracks.

Dereck

That's the worst Over / Under ever. We need more Flylo/Thundercat, Das Racist, Run the Jewels type Over / Under. I know they got Earl on that shit, but if they put Tyler and Earl on one of those episodes it would be comedy gold.

overcast

That's the worst Over / Under ever. We need more Flylo/Thundercat, Das Racist, Run the Jewels type Over / Under. I know they got Earl on that shit, but if they put Tyler and Earl on one of those episodes it would be comedy gold.
Danny Brown is still my favorite. Friends and I quote "WHAT CHU MEAN?!?!" all the time.

I did like all the ones you said. Riff Raff's was boring.

Esch

Banned
Just watched that, wow. Dude sounds like he's going to kill himself, damn. I guess i'd feel the same way if I was in his position though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
J. Cole does Crooked Smile on Letterman. You know what, I thought this dude was slippin' but I think he actually staggered the promotion of this song to stay relevant in this down period. He didn't need it for Born Sinner to do numbers, and this is only helping him now IMO.

Splash Mag and Action Bronson watch wrestling, his oldest freestyle, the Terrorist Threats video, him slamming the kid who jumped on his stage, some Charles Bronson movie and an Albanian rap song together, Action in his element right here. Lmao @ the size of that gun.

OH MAN
IS THIS THE FUCKING RUSSIAN SHIT

Q puttin Man of the Year in that broke ass NBA Live 14.

the tracklist is gonna be better than the game
Lol NBA Live 14 is the only way we're going to hear shit off of Oxymoron.

Fuckouttahere.

#FirstSampleCleared

cdyhybrid

Maybach Music Group ‏@MaybachMusicGrp 9m
Salute to our DC shooter @Fattrel, the newest artist signed to WaleMusic/MMG/Atlantic Records. Congratulate him. #doublem #blackbottleboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom