• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
pusha t being a dumbass stooge. hoping kanye pats him on the head for taking fire at q tip for that tweet.

q tip's right though. i love kanye but that confederate flag bullshit is so stupid.

as fucked up as it is, there was something darkly hilarious about seeing mobs of minorities (and plenty of white affluent children, for real, a lot of young ass 12 year old boys there with their dads or mom) swinging their yeezus merch around their head and wrapping it around their face with the flag covering their mouths like a bandana.

yo forreal that is bizarre and hilarious. but i feel it's a copout answer to always excuse fuckery like this as 'taking it back for the people' as defiance against prejudice.

it's good to let shit rest too.

How many of GAF-HOP is white??? Serious question. Becasue I get mad when folks get mad that white kids or adults listen to hip hop. I'm half Italian raised in NYC. So when I went to Cali and notice how they treat white fans baffles me. I mean,some rappers based their names on White Gangsters...I always found that odd.

codhand

Push is gassed off 70k

3rprHvO.png

pusha was a dick to nard and now q-tip

dude is a fake HS bully, with sociopath's mentality, explains why his brother found god, and push just thought he is one

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I thought it was accepted fact that Pusha is a little bitch trying to play a tough guy. Dude has always been a fuckboy bottom bitch corner dude with fantasies of being a boss. And Kanye is a just plain wrong with that flag. You wouldn't try to make the Nazi flag your own, and you don't try to make the fucking confederate "black people are animals and last class citizens" flag your own. Some things can't be "changed" and should simply be left to rot. That flag is one of those things.

codhand

but is he trying to profit off the image? is he donating proceeds to community centers in chicago? or using it to put more led's in his onstage effigy's?

side note, im looking now, kinda surprised the Tribe debut isn't platinum too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This Troy Ave is crazy bruhs....

Got to get the roc mar mixtape I've been to busy to download it.

What did Q-tip say and what is the fuckery that Pusha T replied with? Cause I don't even need to read it to believe ya'll that its fuckery.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This Troy Ave is crazy bruhs....

Got to get the roc mar mixtape I've been to busy to download it.

What did Q-tip say and what is the fuckery that Pusha T replied with? Cause I don't even need to read it to believe ya'll that its fuckery.

Have you ever met one of those pretend tough guys who will jump into a conversation between two other people and start screaming incoherently? Some dude who decides for whatever reason to start getting angry at something he has no reason or business being angry at? And everyone just kind of looks at him like "uh dude, the fuck you yelling about? This shit doesn't concern you." And then you realize he's just trying to impress the dude you are talking to because he gets all his self worth from what that dude thinks of him. Thats what T did. The twitters are on the prior page if you want exact details.

codhand

from how to spot a sociopath

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
from how to spot a sociopath

#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.

#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.

I told ya'll a few weeks ago. Kanye just needs to start a cult and be done with it. Then he can force his worshipers to respect Kim since she will be an extension of his ego like everything else in his life

Have you ever met one of those pretend tough guys who will jump into a conversation between two other people and start screaming incoherently? Some dude who decides for whatever reason to start getting angry at something he has no reason or business being angry at? And everyone just kind of looks at him like "uh dude, the fuck you yelling about? This shit doesn't concern you." And then you realize he's just trying to impress the dude you are talking to because he gets all his self worth from what that dude thinks of him. Thats what T did. The twitters are on the prior page if you want exact details.

Edit: just read those Pusha Tweets.... what is he an 11 year old? SMH i hope people call him out for acting like such a little twerp... I hope this turns into another lupe disrespecting tribe thing and pusha gets put into his place in the rap hierarchy, and i'm generally a fan of pusha...

pusha t being a dumbass stooge. hoping kanye pats him on the head for taking fire at q tip for that tweet.

q tip's right though. i love kanye but that confederate flag bullshit is so stupid.

edit: par for course though. everything kanye does outside of music/performances is some dumb shit. shouldn't expect more from him.
Dunno. Black people took the word "nigger" and made it their own, changing its meaning. Isn't Kanye doing the same thing here? Sure he's making money off selling it but even that seems appropriate in an ironic sense.

I can't wait until Kanye finds another play toy and forgets about Pusha T. Tip has always been very calm and deliberate when checking Kanye, probably because he knows how fucking childish Kanye is; the only way to deal with him is by calculating what you say, and not pushing too hard or else he'll see you as an enemy ("black people telling me to get back in the box").

Given that, Pusha's response is stunning. He's white knighting a man for a paycheck. He knows that even if Kanye doesn't like how he handled it, he'll still appreciate being defended against allegedly closed minded people.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wouldn't say black people took back anything. Sure, in a lot of circles, yes, it is used as a term of "endearment" or a "negative". That isn't universal though. For using it some black folks will be ready to slap the fuck out of you, even if you are black.

That confederate flag shit is silly as fuck, I'm sorry. Next thing you know, he's gonna be rolling around with a sheet on his head, talking about shit is high fashion. Straight fuckery.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dunno. Black people took the word "nigger" and made it their own, changing its meaning. Isn't Kanye doing the same thing here? Sure he's making money off selling it but even that seems appropriate in an ironic sense.

I can't wait until Kanye finds another play toy and forgets about Pusha T. Tip has always been very calm and deliberate when checking Kanye, probably because he knows how fucking childish Kanye is; the only way to deal with him is by calculating what you say, and not pushing too hard or else he'll see you as an enemy ("black people telling me to get back in the box").

Given that, Pusha's response is stunning. He's white knighting a man for a paycheck. He knows that even if Kanye doesn't like how he handled it, he'll still appreciate being defended against allegedly closed minded people.

Ye isn't even from the south...

Ye isn't even from the south...

He doesn't really rep it all too much but technically he is since he was born in Georgia...

I personally don't get black artists using the confederate flag in their album art or wearing that shit. I remember Lil Jon did it way back.

I do love the way the flag looks, though. The same goes for some Nazi trinkets.

codhand

yeah he should reclaim the KKK outfit, shit is basically what he wears now, except white and with a hood. shit was would be swag as fuck.

Cmon now.
I'm just saying that is probably Kanye's logic, not that I agree. It's interesting.

Personally I wouldn't compare it to the Nazi flag/symbol, which stands for what it stands for/hasn't changed; only neo Nazis still fuck with it. People have tried to revise what the confederate flag means for more than 100 years; a majority of white southerners don't believe it stands for slavery, they claim it's a sign of freedom. So there's precedent, and tbh I'll take Kanye's spin other southern revisionism any day of the week.

effzee

I don't get Pusha's angle. By speaking out like this it makes him look weak if anything. Like he is Kanye's lap dog or something.

If he keeps quite it doesn't become a bigger issue than it is already. Q could have also spoken to Kanye in private but considering they are joining the tour in NYC I guess some fans would question why join Kanye?

I mean I am not even going to bother trying to understand Kanye anymore. Its probably another "so and so is holding me back man" bs rant.

Esch

Banned
Pusha looks stupid just for going at Tip and not even trying to argue a point with him. Basically just told a legend he sucks for insulting his boss.

What a dumbass.

SoilBreak

Banned
Also, earlier:

@PUSHA_T
I hate your poverty opinions and your poverty beats...

@PUSHA_T
Nigga aint counting shit but sheep...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! #PovertyOpinions

@PUSHA_T
Who asked u nigga?? #PovertyOpinions #PovertyBeats HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These tweets look like something from ktt. SCUST

effzee

People get so crazy about the idea of "lyrics" in rap. I definitely love a great lyricist, but it's ridiculous.

I think I am one of those people. Majority of the rappers out there don't produce their own music and have someone else on the hook. All they basically have is their voice and the lyrics they write. And if I get the sense no effort was put into the lyrics to make a competent song (not talking about battle raps), then it completely sucks me out of the song.

Esch

Banned
hey, if he gets clean and gets his shit together, that'd be great. he has a kid if I recall correctly.

Most definitely. Hope it helps him come back from the boring as fuck autotune t-pain trap he's been doing to some real bangers too.

Everyone needs to download Lecrae's Church Clothes 2 hosted by Don Cannon. It came out at 1:16pm and has around 20k downloads already. He's a Christian rapper but why should something good offend you? Some big names on their too. Paul Wall, B.O.B., David Banner. Mixtape of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom