• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It helps neither of their respective careers if this is a publicity stunt.

so I don't think it is.

thabiz

artworks-000058549645-2ax47s-t500x500.jpg

Myth Syzer - Zero EP stream

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
it's on my list. Really loving it.
I really like black milk, I don't understand why I'm not feeling the album. Maybe I just need more listens.l, sometimes it takes a while for some music to click with me.

siddx

Some if the shit being said in that childish gambino thread makes the emniem threads sound like bastions of rationality. I like Donald Glover the actor, and he even has a handful if songs I don't mind, but the insane stanning from some members is both mind boggling and hilarious.

siddx

20 Years Old Today.

Enter+the+WuTang+36+Chambers+PNG.png

Picture didn't load at first for me and I thought you were admitting to being 20.

It's funny I didn't hear 36 chambers until after wu forever. Someone got me 36 as a gift because they saw me listening to forever. I wasnt really feeling forever (still knee deep in west coast bias at the time) and avoided listening to 36 for about a month. Throwing that on finally and listening on my beat up discman with the stolen airplane headphones...it was a fucking revelation. Album didn't leave my discman for weeks.

Jitters

I think its going to be hard for the people getting into hip hop because of Danny Brown and Death Grips to enjoy classics.

Some if the shit being said in that childish gambino thread makes the emniem threads sound like bastions of rationality. I like Donald Glover the actor, and he even has a handful if songs I don't mind, but the insane stanning from some members is both mind boggling and hilarious.

Haven't heard Camp but like his style I'm hoping his new album will be good.

overcast

November 9, 1993 was a damned good day in hip hop.

Midnight Marauders and 36 Chambers are both in my Top 5 all time favorites.
What the hell, they came out on the same day? Jesus.

Danny Brown/A-Trak concert was insane. I was right in the middle where most of the moshing and jumping around took place. Two guys fought over a shirt and one guy got sucker punched. Pretty hilarious. Danny's set was a little shorter than I would like (30-45 minutes), but A-Trak's first set and Skywlker got the crowd hype. Smokin and Drinkin and Dip live were ridiculous.

Also some girl I was talking to before the concert passed out while in line, her friend and the security guard had to take her to their car lol.

Esch

Banned
I think its going to be hard for the people getting into hip hop because of Danny Brown and Death Grips to enjoy classics.

I see someone's taken the heel role to heart and gone right for the shitposting award of the year.

Clap for him.

Jitters

I see someone's taken the heel role to heart and gone right for the shitposting award of the year.

Clap for him.

You think they are going to like them?????

I used to love Rakim, but his stuff has aged really poorly for me. Same with Biggie, actually. And this is coming from someone who didn't start with the indie/alt/hipster stuff. I would assume it would be worse for people who did. idk maybe its just this anti-rappity rap phase I'm going through. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do think Wu-Tang will have a lot of fans though. They are exciting.

I don't even know if they'll like stuff like Divine Styler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom