• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, me too. I guess he just ran the course for most people. Then he does Let Nas Down and I think that's when people got to clowning him, despite that song lacking pretty much everything he's criticized for.

Naw he is criticized for being a Drake like simp...

effzee

Beat is La Flame.

Yeah, me too. I guess he just ran the course for most people. Then he does Let Nas Down and I think that's when people got to clowning him, despite that song lacking pretty much everything he's criticized for.

I get people wanting him to change or evolve in his style but I don't think staying in your lane is bad when you know you can't excel in other realms.

Like what did people expect or want out of Cole? We get what I always thought we would from him.

OMG I am listening to Kanye on his interview tour... its like every time he seems to lose it more. He doesn't even get why people were questioning him being Kim. He think its because people think she isn't pretty. He is so disconnected from reality. Angie asked him about how having a daughter changed him and he went right back to the fashion industry and how he won't play around anymore.

I just can't. And now since he has finally decided to all these radio shows from Juan Epstein to Breakfast Club, all these same clowns who were making fun of him are bending over backwards to kiss his ass. I swear Charlemagne better now change his opinion when he is face to face with him. Rosenberg came out and said Kanye has 6 classics already. WTF?

DominoKid

fuck Yeezus should've stayed w/ Nike instead of Adidas.

OMG I am listening to Kanye on his interview tour... its like every time he seems to lose it more. He doesn't even get why people were questioning him being Kim. He think its because people think she isn't pretty. He is so disconnected from reality. Angie asked him about how having a daughter changed him and he went right back to the fashion industry and how he won't play around anymore.

I just can't. And now since he has finally decided to all these radio shows from Juan Epstein to Breakfast Club, all these same clowns who were making fun of him are bending over backwards to kiss his ass. I swear Charlemagne better now change his opinion when he is face to face with him. Rosenberg came out and said Kanye has 6 classics already. WTF?

everyone's favorite haters are a bunch of ass kissing bitches. who knew?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Beat is La Flame.

It doesn't help when the rest of the tracks on your album are recycle bin classics. 15 out of 16 straight in the bin.

IrishNinja

aww yiss, here for tip + busta, ye was nice too! dont know the other dude

Guess I'm the only one on GAF left waving the Cole flag :(

cole world, no GAF-Hop love

damn, didn't cole have an album this year? did that really do it for you fam?

Melissa Etheridge
Tracy Chapman
Tori Amos
Liz Phair
Indigo Girls
Tegan and Sara
Wale

*phew* looks like i'm safe *goes back to bumping sarah mclaughlan*

Nah. He would be like 3000 and act more instead of making more music. Not sure how Pac would be as a business man. My guess would be somewhat average. Basically a step above Gnause.

yeah, not saying he'd made the exact moves of Cube but i have a hard time picturing Pac rapping when he clearly was one of the dudes who could act. the bigger question for me would be how he & big would've been later in life after really seeing how much they were getting ripped off in their early years? i kinda wonder if biggie would've done his own label or just moved over to something like that, no idea how he would've been as a businessman (or if jigga would've spread some knowledge) but i do like to think they'dve made better life decisions than nas, or god forbid DMX

Esch

Banned
I remember listening to Aloe Blacc on Below the Heavens like 5 years ago. Its so depressing that he's doing big TV commercials like its whatever and Blu is crashing at fans houses.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Aloe Blacc fell off hard, his new album is doo doo.

Truth & Soul really made his debut what it was. no idea what he was thinking (besides money) getting avicii on his new record. interscope playing the game like it's still 1999 out there.

overcast

Let's go:
http://plug.dj/gaf-hop/

jNa5sHu.gif

Aloe Blacc had a huge hit with I Need A Dollar, and a couple other singles that did well. Obviously he didn't reach that next level, even though the market is clearly craving that "vintage" retro sounding shit. Part of his failure seems to be the label, even though they have so many connections to hipster blogs and shit. But I think the main problem is song writing. He has the voice to do big things, but is limited by his own songwriting - he's not bad, but just isn't making "big" records that you could imagine being in an Apple commercial, so to speak. I Need A Dollar was that type of record, he needs another.

And of course, he's black. Can you imagine Adele going diamond if she was some fat black chick from Detroit?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Naw he is criticized for being a Drake like simp...
First I've heard of this. Cole is only a fraction of the simpiness of Drake. Really occasionally a theme in his songs.

I get people wanting him to change or evolve in his style but I don't think staying in your lane is bad when you know you can't excel in other realms.

Like what did people expect or want out of Cole? We get what I always thought we would from him.

What? Rosenberg has ALWAYS been a Ye fan. Don't know what you're talking about. After every Ye album drops Rosenberg bigs him up and then keeps it moving.

Charlamagne better go the fuck in on him though. Charlamagne reserves himself or speaks a bit nicer to some people with bigger statures (or someone threatening like Gucci) but I hope he doesn't to Ye. Ye needs to hear that ish. After last week, there is at least some hope that Ye will figure out where he's going wrong in handling his career, perception and communication. Charlamagne hasn't been the greatest at being able to articulate it himself (he goes off on his own tangents in vlad interviews) but nobody else really has the balls to say anything to him.

Lol at this GIF.

effzee

First I've heard of this. Cole is only a fraction of the simpiness of Drake. Really occasionally a theme in his songs.

What? Rosenberg has ALWAYS been a Ye fan. Don't know what you're talking about. After every Ye album drops Rosenberg bigs him up and then keeps it moving.

I meant the reactions they all had to Bound 2 video. I know Ebro loved Yeezus and said it saved hip hop. Don't know what Ciph thought of it.

Anyone hear Angie during the interview?

Kanye: Nike told me they don't know. THEY TOLD ME

Angie: NOO

As if it was the end of the world that Nike was non committal. Angie sounds giddy as shit. Who is tickling her all the time?

I should've known it was time to jump ship from Cole when I first heard Mr. Nice Watch.

Or the chorus for Cole World.

I had so much faith in him too ;_;

i can't believe somebody posted d-pryde in here. that's the most scust worthy link in gaf hop in a long time.

also anybody here watching boardwalk (toku i see you brah). that finale. :(

CRS

If anyone spoils anything about Boardwalk Empire, I will cut you.

Disclaimer: I am very, very behind on the show.

Tokubetsu

Fried Turkey is out.
i can't believe somebody posted d-pryde in here. that's the most scust worthy link in gaf hop in a long time.

also anybody here watching boardwalk (toku i see you brah). that finale. :(

Yea, I don't think I liked that ending to be honest man. Rest of the season was strong as hell though. Like you said, every season of Boardwalk is better than the last.

IrishNinja

tokus you still on that american hororr story? i threw that show in the bushes middle of last season, but enough co-signs got me to check out this one and its a lot more focused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom