• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

tokus you still on that american hororr story? i threw that show in the bushes middle of last season, but enough co-signs got me to check out this one and its a lot more focused

Yeah, I actually liked s2 but this season is definitely a little less kitchen sink crazy and more "oh god no" crazy.
Just started asylum and it's super dope- it gets bad!?

Problem people have with Asylum is it's balls to the walls crazy for the entire thing. No build up to it, no slow creep. It's just crazy from jump and almost never lets up. Just gets wilder.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, I actually liked s2 but this season is definitely a little less kitchen sink crazy and more "oh god no" crazy.

Problem people have with Asylum is it's balls to the walls crazy for the entire thing. No build up to it, no slow creep. It's just crazy from jump and almost never lets up. Just gets wilder.

Oh, I'm totally down for constant crazy. My gf gets too scared, so we can only watch 1 ep a night, not gonna get tired of the nonsense.

IrishNinja

what? asylum's kitchen sink thing got ridiculous, nearly every monster genre + camp = i did not sign up for this, but i guess it's better than season 1 which by its end barely seemed to remember it was horror, for me

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lol the first I've heard of that. Most criticism is his boring subject matter and beats. He had improved his production recently though.
Dude simps to Jay-Z he simps to Nas he simps to industry

The forever put me in the game coach artist

Esch

Banned
Cole is kind of a frustrating guy to watch, even as someone that was never a fan. Very self defeating, mind bogglingly self effacing, and just not feeling his intensity. I wish he would produce grander sounding, more powerful beats. Especially his drums. Nothing really wrong with him though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole is kind of a frustrating guy to watch, even as someone that was never a fan. Very self defeating, mind bogglingly self effacing, and just not feeling his intensity. I wish he would produce grander sounding, more powerful beats. Especially his drums. Nothing really wrong with him though.
Trouble is super powerful, grand, and the drums pump on it too. And was on Born Sinner.

The self defeating and self effacing bit I agree with though. Dude takes the chip on his soldier and doesn't make light of it, just sorta keeps reminding people it's there.

Tokubetsu

Fried Turkey top 5 of the year. Easy. Tguy, he saved his best shit for this and Step Brothers 2 this year man, definitely.

"Call you felicia the way I debo it/ beat it up beat it up beat it up..."

SKINNER!

Banned
Soooo a pic of an 8 year old Kanye in China was posted on Rap Genius.

nn3Sy0d.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yea I get why he picked future (because he's hot right now) but even Future doesn't go all Future on this track. He sounds like most of his knock offs right now.

That said you been hearing the Jeezy leaks Ace? Dude sounds really hungry right now, shame Def Jam never gonna give him a release:
https://soundcloud.com/ctethaworld/jeezy-foul-play
https://soundcloud.com/ctethaworld/jeezy-benihana-ft-rocko

At least he pushing YG now too...

and

http://acemixes.com/Beats/DollarCat2.mp3

think this is much hotter than the other one.. lol

IrishNinja

^vacation with your parents tho...at least he was stylin & profilin

speaking of, was hearin part of the breakfast club ye interview on the way home...charlamange went a little in, huh? gonna have to go a page or two back for the link & hear the rest. i guess if i figured only billionaires were free i'd be pretty bummed too tho

Esch

Banned
.... Whew. Well, I get that Kanye is getting blocked by fashion industries. I'm feeling what he's saying about black people taking L's because they don't own shit or have those connections. But my question is what is Kanye doing to address this, really? He just wants to be a billionaire. That's ok too. This dude is talking about going with Jay because he wants to learn the ways to move in a boardroom and shit... Well, to an extent that means playing ball for peanuts for a minute and being personable. Jay and Diddy never go on countrywide radio tours screaming for attention and shit. You think people wanna play ball with you if you demand to be acknowledged and act like this? It's basic social interaction shit....

Charlemagne hit the nail right on the head; what he wants is basically just to make some money. It's materialistic, purely, but really nobody has time to give a shit about you not being able to be a billionaire. Rich n**** problems is what he said, and it's pretty much true. I DONT agree with Charlemagne saying some shit like 'the people only want you to make dope music' that's unfair and true. People do have an interest in what Kanye designs and sells, without a doubt. But...

And i'm tired of this guy comparing himself to walt disney, malcolm x, da vinci, shakespeare, whoever. Your shit isn't on that level, none of it.

HiResDes

.... Whew. Well, I get that Kanye is getting blocked by fashion industries. I'm feeling what he's saying about black people taking L's because they don't own shit or have those connections. But my question is what is Kanye doing to address this, really? He just wants to be a billionaire. That's ok too. This dude is talking about going with Jay because he wants to learn the ways to move in a boardroom and shit... Well, to an extent that means playing ball for peanuts for a minute and being personable. Jay and Diddy never go on countrywide radio tours screaming for attention and shit. You think people wanna play ball with you if you demand to be acknowledged and act like this? It's basic social interaction shit....

Charlemagne hit the nail right on the head; what he wants is basically just to make some money. It's materialistic, purely, but really nobody has time to give a shit about you not being able to be a billionaire. Rich n**** problems is what he said, and it's pretty much true. I DONT agree with Charlemagne saying some shit like 'the people only want you to make dope music' that's unfair and true. People do have an interest in what Kanye designs and sells, without a doubt. But...

And i'm tired of this guy comparing himself to walt disney, malcolm x, da vinci, shakespeare, whoever. Your shit isn't on that level, none of it.

pretty spot on...Wish he were actually about black empowerment.

Esch

Banned
pretty spot on...Wish he were actually about black empowerment.

The thing that really grinded my gears was about him talking about how he doesn't have enough money to make sure North is 'safe' or has a future or whatever. The net worth of that girl's parents is $140,000,000. He can get entirely the fuck out of here saying some shit like that. That's enough money for the best private education possible, college, graduate school and a trust fund to boot. He's got the right idea; building insular generational wealth and businesses is the way for minorities to uplift themselves. But he's already done that. He has more than enough money to ensure not only a future for his children but opportunities for startups, estates, whatever. Him and Jay are overly obsessed with this idea of the billion or whatever, so lame. What I can't stand is Kanye trying to defend his wealth generation by making it a social issue or whatever. You're already a 1%er, breh.

effzee

Yeah I just can't take him seriously anymore. Billionaire folk problems.

Boohoo cry me a river. Rich as fuck but complaining you aren't a billionaire but then trying to pass it off by saying "THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I CAN SAVE PEOPLE IN CHICAGO". Fuck off.

And you need this extra money of Nike royalty money for your daughter? As a soon to be father working a regular job (even though its a great job that I have) who needs his parents support from time to time and needs his wife to work, this shit is just so infuriating to listen to. You and your millionaire family with your reality star wife needs more money to protect your 1 baby?

I feel like some dude needs to smack the shit out of him.

Now he the king of posse cuts too?

The thing that really grinded my gears was about him talking about how he doesn't have enough money to make sure North is 'safe' or has a future or whatever. The net worth of that girl's parents is $140,000,000. He can get entirely the fuck out of here saying some shit like that. That's enough money for the best private education possible, college, graduate school and a trust fund to boot. He's got the right idea; building insular generational wealth and businesses is the way for minorities to uplift themselves. But he's already done that. He has more than enough money to ensure not only a future for his children but opportunities for startups, estates, whatever. Him and Jay are overly obsessed with this idea of the billion or whatever, so lame. What I can't stand is Kanye trying to defend his wealth generation by making it a social issue or whatever. You're already a 1%er, breh.

Not only that but his constant comparison of corporate culture, capitalism, and marketing to actual slavery and what real world shit people of color had to endure is beyond pathetic and offensive.

At least Jay Z can aim to be a billionaire without spewing off this nonsense. Sure you want to be a billionaire go ahead and do it. JUST FUCKING DO IT. Stop bitching because you face hurdles or can't do it over night.

Then goes on and on shitting on brands he himself loves and cherishes so much. Like these same corporations if they had bended over backwards for him he would be blowing them on his knees right this moment.

SKINNER!

Banned
So Lupe got a tomato thrown at him while he was on stage.

Salt Lake Tribune said:
Fiasco took the stage about 10:30 p.m. at The Depot, but abruptly cut the show short at 11:22 p.m. when someone from the east balcony threw a tomato at him. Fiasco pointed at the balcony, wiped himself off and called out the assailant as a "fat, white bitch."

Bitch Good? Woman Bad? Lady Worse?

Source: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment2/57175830-223/fiasco-tomato-bitch-com.html.csp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom