• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10 2 10 is a dope song. Ain't no so bad it's good, it's dope period. Shouldn't have been a single though, I don't know what's wrong with dude.

Glad Kanye is back working with Sean. Hopefully his 3rd solo is much better, perhaps closer to Finally Famous.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this is my first time hearing this 10 2 10 remix. I'm reminded why I dropped that track from the album on itunes the instant that stupid ass chorus hits, but I'm all of a sudden wanting to put this in place of it. Ross and Scott make this shit way more enjoyable and Sean's call out to Control made me laugh, like he's some secret mastermind that put it out and got some feelings caught in a web of his villainous plan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this is my first time hearing this 10 2 10 remix. I'm reminded why I dropped that track from the album on itunes the instant that stupid ass chorus hits, but I'm all of a sudden wanting to put this in place of it. Ross and Scott make this shit way more enjoyable and Sean's call out to Control made me laugh, like he's some secret mastermind that put it out and got some feelings caught in a web of his villainous plan.
There's no secret plan. Sean's feelings about putting the song on are well documented/verified even by Kendrick himself. People trying to perpetuate dude caught feelings are the same one's pretending like Kendrick's verse is the best still, and the same ones who got put on to Kendrick through Swimming Pools.

Esch

Banned
The only really genuine good song on HoF is Toyota Music. There are plenty that are good from an irony/humor standpoint but as far as actual :wow: moments thats about it.

Heard Beware playing a little on the radio this weekend tho lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There's no secret plan. Sean's feelings about putting the song on are well documented/verified even by Kendrick himself. People trying to perpetuate dude caught feelings are the same one's pretending like Kendrick's verse is the best still, and the same ones who got put on to Kendrick through Swimming Pools.

I was actually referring to Drake catching feelings, but I just remembered that was in the previous edit of my comment... I rewrite my posts before posting a lot when I'm high. The quality never wavers.

went something like yadda yadda yadda the salty tears of a man child or some such shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only really genuine good song on HoF is Toyota Music. There are plenty that are good from an irony/humor standpoint but as far as actual :wow: moments thats about it.

Heard Beware playing a little on the radio this weekend tho lol
Beware and Switch Up are both tied for the best all-around song.

I ride around to Pac / Fuck my girl to R. Kelly.

I think there are a lot of good songs. All Figured Out, Fire (might crossover into cheesy territory for some though), First Chain, Nothing Is Stopping You, 10 2 10, World Ablaze (which is this album's So Much More, sorta), You Don't Know (also might crossover into cheese territory). I've warmed up to Toyota Music too.

Altogether though? I get that feeling most do for Born Sinner. Just sorta bleh. I've tried narrowing it down, but I just can't. There are a lot of decent songs on here that I might throw on if I'm in the right mood, but no Gatorades for my specific musical thirsts exactly. That's what sorta makes the album bleh. It's not crap, but it's most certainly bleh.

DominoKid

for real? coulda sworn it was the other way around

i specifically remember the media pegging Ye & Kim's worth at 100m & 40m respectively because of the prenup subject.

i can't imagine the rest of the Kardashians are worth all that much. Kris probably got the 2nd most of all of em since she's running the whole operation.

Bruce Jenner got paper though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Bruce Jenner is the dude with low key stupid paper.

I agree with Blackace, the original Shabba is the better song. Should've done a remix with Shabba Ranks and that's it. Busta didn't even sound right on this beat. Shabba and Ferg had the best verses.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It'll alright guys:
Freddie Gibbs - Deuces (prod. by Young Chop)

ibop7sW7uxTQn9.gif

I'm loving how they're taking all these sinister video moments and just rapping on them.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
10 2 10 is a dope song. Ain't no so bad it's good, it's dope period. Shouldn't have been a single though, I don't know what's wrong with dude.

Glad Kanye is back working with Sean. Hopefully his 3rd solo is much better, perhaps closer to Finally Famous.

Shouldn't have been a single?

The only song that turns up off the album should had been his lead single

Blackace

I need to hear this, since everyone here knows what I think of 10 2 10

It's so bad, that it is good!

This statement came straight from my mind

So bad it's good? What? Please

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shouldn't have been a single?

The only song that turns up off the album should had been his lead single
Would've gone with You Don't Know. Sean doesn't need a turn up song, that's not his audience at all. Beware and Fire were better in line with that too.

Blackace

Would've gone with You Don't Know. Sean doesn't need a turn up song, that's not his audience at all. Beware and Fire were better in line with that too.

You must know different Big Sean fans than me
Beware and Fire are not in line with the fans I see from him
10 2 10 is by far the second most requested Big Sean song after Mercy...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You must know different Big Sean fans than me
Beware and Fire are not in line with the fans I see from him
10 2 10 is by far the second most requested Big Sean song after Mercy...
Imma need a photo of these Japanese Big Sean fans bruh

Not even joking, I can't even picture that intersection

Blackace

Imma need a photo of these Japanese Big Sean fans bruh

Not even joking, I can't even picture that intersection

Most of them are Navy ninjas

And Mercy is still huge on the Japanese side

Besides what does a Big Sean fan look like bruh?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travi$ Scott ft. A$AP Ferg - Uptown video. Something tells me his label told him to put out this song cause Ferg is hot. Where the fuck is that Bandz video? That is the magic song his career needs.

Most of them are Navy ninjas

And Mercy is still huge on the Japanese side

Besides what does a Big Sean fan look like bruh?
Backpacker or your average radio-listening teenage girl. They pay Sean's bills.

I kinda agree with Ace. I do feel like ever since Mercy people look for verses/songs like 10 2 10
Mercy and 10 2 10 don't really share much in common though. I thought people liked Sean on Mercy because he pretty much cooked flowing over that beat. 10 2 10 is it's own beast. Mula is a weird middleway I guess.

overcast

Gambino isn't that bad, I'm 20. I don't stan dude, but I'll check for his music. I listened to Lupe in HS and stan Kanye.

How strong is the soulja girl ranking?

Mercy and 10 2 10 don't really share much in common though. I thought people liked Sean on Mercy because he pretty much cooked flowing over that beat. 10 2 10 is it's own beast. Mula is a weird middleway I guess.
Ummmm yes they do. Like we are saying people look more for songs where he turns up on and both Mercy and 10 2 10 feel that void. Aint nobody who hopped on Sean in the past year wanna hear fire

I think the songs that resonated the most are Mercy, clique, and Burn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ummmm yes they do. Like we are saying people look more for songs where he turns up on and both Mercy and 10 2 10 feel that void. Aint nobody who hopped on Sean in the past year wanna hear fire
You got a point here.

Still don't see the similarity though outside of them having pretty hard beats, but that's pretty general. Mercy has a great hook, Sean has a real verse on there, considerably a better flow, a ton of quotables from various people on the song, a really, really catchy hook etc.

*shrug* I guess y'all are more in tune with Sean's fanbase than even me.

EDIT: Looking at your edit, Clique and Burn both share more in common than 10 2 10 and probably have done much more for him at least in serving what people are looking for.

Blackace

Backpacker or your average radio-listening teenage girl. They pay Sean's bills.

His verses on 10 2 10 are aiight

You got a point here.

Still don't see the similarity though outside of them having pretty hard beats, but that's pretty general. Mercy has a great hook, Sean has a real verse on there, considerably a better flow, a ton of quotables from various people on the song, a really, really catchy hook etc.

*shrug* I guess y'all are more in tune with Sean's fanbase than even me.

EDIT: Looking at your edit, Clique and Burn both share more in common than 10 2 10 and probably have done much more for him at least in serving what people are looking for.

Took me awhile to understand that turn up songs 10 2 10 Stay Schemin and so on appeal because you don't need to be R Kelly to sing the hook

Cole trynna use use his voice in an emotional way the way kendrick do

i see him.

he went in tho, apart from the thing when he said he had weapons and all, das a bold face lie cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom