• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

On what planet did Radioactive go gold?
and

MBJpKh8.jpg

The beats grammy concert that happened last night had the GOAT lineup.

Ma$e
Puffy
Busta Rhymes
Pharcyde
Method Man & Redman
Ice Cube
Cypress Hill
Dr. Dre
Bone Thugs
Eminem
Nas
Geto Boys
Souls of Mischief
Blackstreet

Tons of other artists there as well.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alrite here's a proper breakdown of the set last night (that isn't being done drunk as shit while I waited for my girl to get back from coat check).

His entire album is played, but split across the 2 1/2 hour set. He plays every track of the newest mixtape and he does a cross fade of the Mine Remix and Kiss Me that sent the crowd into a frenzy. The Dip remix, that isn't available anywhere, is soooooooooooooooo fucking crazy. This shit needs to be made available at some point and the Latch remix as well was just straight up fire.

But yea, 2 1/2 hour set and not a single dull spot in the set. His highs were super high and the laid back spots were not too long and not too short. He knew how to balance the entire night perfectly. There are some remixes I'm not gunna spoil here, but he plays more stuff that is unreleased that is god damn bonkers.

Must see show. Absolutely.

Dammnnnnn. That's great.

The tickets are sold out online, might call and see if I can get tickets at the door. I really want to go. Pick up on some chicks too.

It's at the Echoplex, they'll have something like 10 - 50 tickets at the door. It's not like, Wiltern policy where I don't think I've ever seen someone turned down, but if you get there around 7:30 you should get in. If you drop by Origami Vinyl next to The Echo (the actual Echo, not Echoplex, it's maybe a block away) they sell tickets as well, but you have to go during the day and I'm not sure they do day of sales. Should call before you pop in but it would save a lot of grief for you if they do.

Alrite here's a proper breakdown of the set last night (that isn't being done drunk as shit while I waited for my girl to get back from coat check).

His entire album is played, but split across the 2 1/2 hour set. He plays every track of the newest mixtape and he does a cross fade of the Mine Remix and Kiss Me that sent the crowd into a frenzy. The Dip remix, that isn't available anywhere, is soooooooooooooooo fucking crazy. This shit needs to be made available at some point and the Latch remix as well was just straight up fire.

But yea, 2 1/2 hour set and not a single dull spot in the set. His highs were super high and the laid back spots were not too long and not too short. He knew how to balance the entire night perfectly. There are some remixes I'm not gunna spoil here, but he plays more stuff that is unreleased that is god damn bonkers.

Must see show. Absolutely.

Dope! I'm going to be there today, pretty hyped. Nosaj Thing was super good for the third time yesterday. Prefuse....kinda not so much. At all. Plus his shit died like 3/4ths of the way through so Falty DL and Gaslamp Killer had to come up and play some random shit off an iPhone.

effzee

Ma$e
Puffy
Busta Rhymes
Pharcyde
Method Man & Redman
Ice Cube
Cypress Hill
Dr. Dre
Bone Thugs
Eminem
Nas
Geto Boys
Souls of Mischief
Blackstreet

Whoa this was for the Grammys? Or Dre?

Any footage would love to see this concert. Blackstreet too? Damn.

mooooose

that roots interpretation of man of the year is the first time i didnt think their version was better. not just that, but it was literally horrible. no fault of q, it was one of his better attempts at a tv performance

Kwixotik

Ma$e
Puffy
Busta Rhymes
Pharcyde
Method Man & Redman
Ice Cube
Cypress Hill
Dr. Dre
Bone Thugs
Eminem
Nas
Geto Boys
Souls of Mischief
Blackstreet

That is an incredible lineup, holy shit

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Even KRIT falls asleep listening to KRIT

We seem to have very similar tastes and opinions...but this is where we diverge. I can't even comprehend not having love for KRIT.

On a different subject, when is the last time we had a monster crossover hip hop song? Im talking gangstas paradise/California love type hit where everyone and their grandmother know the song and it's played to such ridiculous levels that you can't decide whether to dance or go on a killing spree when you hear it. I guess niggas on Paris comes close, but even that wasn't anywhere close to the level that some rap songs reached in the 90's.

OG Kush

We seem to have very similar tastes and opinions...but this is where we diverge. I can't even comprehend not having love for KRIT.

On a different subject, when is the last time we had a monster crossover hip hop song? Im talking gangstas paradise/California love type hit where everyone and their grandmother know the song and it's played to such ridiculous levels that you can't decide whether to dance or go on a killing spree when you hear it. I guess niggas on Paris comes close, but even that wasn't anywhere close to the level that some rap songs reached in the 90's.

macklemore thrift shop seems like a recent one to me?

siddx

macklemore thrift shop seems like a recent one to me?

Ahhh yeah you are right. Too drunk to think straight haha. Some of his other tracks as well. I was in a bar last night and a bunch of European dudes loaded yo the jukebox with his music and went fucking nuts over it.

mileS

Damn yo

Blackout 4 is falling apart. Lots of no shows

YUP lol.

heres a quote
Originally Posted by OrganikHipHop View Post
K, here

Thursday evening.. Remy contacts me an says he got in a car accident.. Says he got a concussion and a ruptured ear drum.. (Waiting for hospital records for my lawyer) still have to pay his opponents travel an accommodation dre's

Rich Dolarz landed and found out. He had a family death while on his flight.. I tried for 2 hours to get him to stay but he left and even left his manager stranded here who I also had to look out for.. Still have to pay his opponents travel an accomidation fees aswell as his payment as he didnt breach.

Big T - been waiting on his passport for weeks. Was supposed to arrive last week but the Midwest snowstorm has shit backed up and they won't tell him any info EVEN tho he paid to have it expedited.. I tried to get him an advanced ID so he can travel on lad and water across the border but apparently you can only obtain them if you live in the state of New York or Michigan.

JC - still hoping to get him here today on a megabus. His driver got detained (dont know why as ive got very little response back.

IllWill - well what can I say, got a last minute warrant for his arrest this week due to an incident alot of people promoted... Again, have to pay for opponents accommodations etc..

Honestly, from the times battles were set up I had border exemption letters sent to everyone. We did everything we could do including informing the border of our event in which some ppl were held until the name 'kingoftheodt' was brought up and they were allowed access...

It's unfortunate but not much we can do. I've been running around trying to solve everything.. This hurts US more then anyone.. From branding to debt to upset fans.. Now I also need to pay a lawyer to take some of them to small claims for breach of contract.

Lol. Also... the new KOTD chain looks like cereal. So its gone from being a joke chain that came from a box of cereal to actual cereal.
xmfoXjn.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
YUP lol.

heres a quote

Lol. Also... the new KOTD chain looks like cereal. So its gone from being a joke chain that came from a box of cereal to actual cereal.
xmfoXjn.png
The new chain looks horrible.

Anyways, it's pretty unfortunate. From what I've been reading anyways, The Saurus vs. Charron yesterday was incredible, looking forward to that.

Now RapGrid is reporting Aye Verb vs. Shotty Horroh isn't happening either. Especially a bad look considering deadmau5 is there I think.

I think we're better off without Rich Dolarz and Loe Pesci battling tho

EDIT: Organik trying to get Rich Dolarz to stay after losing a family member is kind of scummy though. I know some other battlers like Daylyt and O-Red have done battles after losing close family member (I think Red lost his brother) but still you should let that slide under any circumstances.

overcast

It's at the Echoplex, they'll have something like 10 - 50 tickets at the door. It's not like, Wiltern policy where I don't think I've ever seen someone turned down, but if you get there around 7:30 you should get in. If you drop by Origami Vinyl next to The Echo (the actual Echo, not Echoplex, it's maybe a block away) they sell tickets as well, but you have to go during the day and I'm not sure they do day of sales. Should call before you pop in but it would save a lot of grief for you if they do.
Damn. I don't know, I'm driving from an hour and a half out. Not sure I can make it by 7:30, and that's a risky investment.

Damn. I don't know, I'm driving from an hour and a half out. Not sure I can make it by 7:30, and that's a risky investment.

Sucks bruh. If you do want to chance it and need some extra security getting in, let me know. I can try and hold a spot in line for you, I'll be there around like...8ish. If I swing by the area to eat before that I'll tell you how it's looking. Hard to gauge how popular Hemsworth is tbh, I'm not sure what kind of line to expect.

Shit there's going to be Winter Classic traffic too, FYI.

siddx

Sucks bruh. If you do want to chance it and need some extra security getting in, let me know. I can try and hold a spot in line for you, I'll be there around like...8ish. If I swing by the area to eat before that I'll tell you how it's looking. Hard to gauge how popular Hemsworth is tbh, I'm not sure what kind of line to expect.

Shit there's going to be Winter Classic traffic too, FYI.

Yeah you never really know. I've been to shows I thought would be sold out only to find barely anyone there and then also shown up at shows expecting to get a ticket at the door because who to fuck else knows about this dude? Only to find it sold out.

Recently I went to grandmaster flash show where he was just spinning and considering everyone here listens to pop music I was expecting a small turnout. Instead the place was fucking packed. And he tore that shit down too.

bowery

Yeah you never really know. I've been to shows I thought would be sold out only to find barely anyone there and then also shown up at shows expecting to get a ticket at the door because who to fuck else knows about this dude? Only to find it sold out.

Recently I went to grandmaster flash show where he was just spinning and considering everyone here listens to pop music I was expecting a small turnout. Instead the place was fucking packed. And he tore that shit down too.

i saw grandmaster flash play at this colbert ship concert thing like two years ago and he just played shitty top 40 edm type stuff, avici levels type business....

also p diddy has to be one of the richest people with the worst sense of style

siddx

i saw grandmaster flash play at this colbert ship concert thing like two years ago and he just played shitty top 40 edm type stuff, avici levels type business....

also p diddy has to be one of the richest people with the worst sense of style

I wonder if the fact this is Vietnam meant he felt like he could get a little more creative with it since he didnt have anyone pushing him to appeal to a certain crowd. He was playing old school hip hop like de la soul and tribe, hip hop hits like biggie and pac and Luda, and even old school RnB stuff. One of the most eclectic mixes of music I've ever heard from a dj. At one point he went from sweet dreams to let me clear my throat and I thought the audience was going to shit itself from excitement.

CRS

I want that to be real just for the Suga Free feature.

On Grooveline 2 no less. Please be reallllllllllllllllll.

siddx

I want that to be real just for the Suga Free feature.

On Grooveline 2 no less. Please be reallllllllllllllllll.

Maybe I'm just imagining it but I feel like I read a while ago that suga free was confirmed to be on the album. I would love another suga free album produced by quik.

PlayDat

Grooveline was one of my least favorite songs on HnC. I'd put it down there with Sex Drive. Shame we got that instead of a new Druggys Wit Hoes, assuming the tracklist is real.

I'm most interested in seeing what the bonus songs are. Still haven't decided if I'll go with the deluxe edition or not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oxymoron is looking like a disappointment in the making ATM, but I'm going to have to add a bucket hat to Iron Man aren't I...
Now to find out how to shop an iron belly onto him

overcast

Not a real tracklist. I thought we knew where the 3 official tracks were based off of the iTunes preorder.

As far as I'm concerned, Q is 3/3 with tracks on the album. MOTY, Collard Greens, and Break the Bank are all dope. Yay Yay is a deluxe track, song is just okay though.

siddx

Oxymoron is looking like a disappointment in the making ATM, but I'm going to have to add a bucket hat to Iron Man aren't I...
Now to find out how to shop an iron belly onto him

You are declaring that oxymoron looks to be a disappointment based on a fake track list...all the goddamn yeezy shit has destroyed your common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom