• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

If Kendrick isn't respected. Who is? Amongst his peers? Nobody gets the amount of respect he has. Maybe Drake, but he is part joke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
looool

Wha?

looool

Yeah they real humble...

And what does bow down to his level mean? Was that a short joke?
Pretty much all of those rappers with greater successes crossed their legs to Drake's rise. Before Control.

How could you say he's not respected? You got fools out here having difficulty being confident in themselves when being asked about Kendrick.

If Kendrick isn't respected. Who is? Amongst his peers? Nobody gets the amount of respect he has. Maybe Drake, but he is part joke.
Yup, nobody under 30 gets as much respect as Kendrick from everyone in the game. Not even close.

Dereck

Be8rKHAIAAAXuS0.jpg
ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

Is hip-hop some fake genre? Why is it not even broadcasted. Happened last year, but what the actual fuck. What a slap in the face for the genre.

Not to mention the Macklemore win. Feeling like writing a serious rant.

Why? The Grammys are determined by middle aged white people. There has been a long lasting bias against the genre, and you can tell many of those who vote don't respect hip hop as a genre of music. It's not surprising that white artists win whenever they're nominated - the voters identify with them more. It's the same thing you see when people complain about "all" rap being gangsta street shit they can't relate to, "except for Eminem who talks about things outside of drugs and guns."

Reminds me of white people who don't like The Wire because of its humanizing portrayal of drug dealers...yet they love Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.

Macca

2014: ScHoolboy Q does what Kendrick couldn't- Get's a billboard number 1 album.
2015: ScHoolboy Q does what Kendrick couldn't (again) - Wins a grammy.

Man of the Year? More like man of the decade.
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

overcast

Why? The Grammys are determined by middle aged white people. There has been a long lasting bias against the genre, and you can tell many of those who vote don't respect hip hop as a genre of music. It's not surprising that white artists win whenever they're nominated - the voters identify with them more. It's the same thing you see when people complain about "all" rap being gangsta street shit they can't relate to, "except for Eminem who talks about things outside of drugs and guns."

Reminds me of white people who don't like The Wire because of its humanizing portrayal of drug dealers...yet they love Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.
How has there not been a shake up? Same thing as casting in mainstream Hollywood, movie wise. Just not happening. Makes my blood boil.

36... You trolling us lately man? You feeling alright?

Cudder

Respect to Taylor swift for being the only one rocking the fuck out to kdot right now.

Edit: What verse is Kendrick spitting right now?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Esch

Banned
This. I need to finish a paper tonight though lol

Man. It was incredible live. The tension, the way Lux spit some shit and then Hollow topped it, every time. I picked Hollow to win, 2-1... But I didn't in my heart of hearts truly believe that he would win. He had everything. He had personals. He had incredible flow. He had crowd control and heart, and rebutted damn near everything. Everything. Lux came with the schemes and imagery, Hollow had punchlines and a battle plan. The way he broke Lux down was incredible. You could score that 3-0, but I still wouldn't call that a bodybag. It was too good of a performance by both. I've actually never seen a battle where people are landing personals and they hurt, you can see it on their face, but both guys come back firing.

That was the Gatti-Ward of battle rap. Sequel please.

Round 3 is one of, if not the greatest round of battle rap I've ever seen.

I wonder what implications tonight will have on Macklemore's career in the hip hop industry. Of course he'll still be successful but I wonder if he'll ever be respected rapper again.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wonder what implications tonight will have on Macklemore's career in the hip hop industry. Of course he'll still be successful but I wonder if he'll ever be respected rapper again.

I don't think the situation is as dire as everyone believes.

Esch

Banned
dat good Facebook friend salt

"If you are watching the Grammys right now, then you know EXACTLY why Macklemore won. It had nothing to do with talent. It had to do with the battle to normalize and promote homosexuality in the Rap/Hip Hop genre. You can't tell me that this guy had a better album than Kendrick Lamar. It's that level of political crap that illegitimatizes these awards shows for me.

‪#‎vanillaicewasbetter‬
‪#‎sourcemagazinesucks‬"

edit: anybody got links to some Taylor Swift/Kendrick Lamar fan-fiction?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so long story short I was listening to diamond district "I mean business" and that led me to listening to oddisee and well Oddisee is that dude. Like Wow .... I'm mad I hadn't paid attention to this guy really before now.

Gorillaz

A few months ago I would have said Macklemore got, maybe, 2 years left in mainstream.

I'll make it 5. He'll keep pandering to the mainstream and society but I can't see him really doing more then carve a niche out. It's all now a matter of playing the waiting game on his career

edit: lord jamar will definitely be ranting about tonight soon tho lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i don't get it
Potential hypocrisy.

A few months ago I would have said Macklemore got, maybe, 2 years left in mainstream.

I'll make it 5. He'll keep pandering to the mainstream and society but I can't see him really doing more then carve a niche out. It's all now a matter of playing the waiting game on his career

I think someone else on GAF has jacked your old avatar. Always get confused in Gaming.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

https://twitter.com/lordjamar

he's already started.....

Gorillaz

^damn he is foaming at the mouth on twitter
Potential hypocrisy.

I think someone else on GAF has jacked your old avatar. Always get confused in Gaming.
Lol your talking about my old BrBa MS paint one? this one is only temp but wouldn't surprise me, had like 3 people ask me for "avy dib" awhile ago

overcast

Idk. I feel bad for Kendrick, but I'm kind of over it. Not shocked. Still mad that Rap isn't recognized, even though it's almost to be expected, again.

Also, Tinashe is so fine. Damn near had a heart attack last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom