• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
yeah he should be more proud of his work publicly though. it's a shame he's succumbing to hip hop pressure and bowing to false king kendrick. dude should just say what's on his mind and step up.

Well from what I understand is that he shot Kendrick a message to apologize... I know he has been on record before about the grammys

And it's too bad he is taking so much shit for putting out a good damn album

overcast

I just don't think posting the image of the apology was necessary. In almost any way.

That Rashad track is dope, not sure when I'll get around to the tape.

Blackace

I just don't think posting the image of the apology was necessary. In almost any way.

That Rashad track is dope, not sure when I'll get around to the tape.

Thought he sent it privately and it was posted

Esch

Banned
If he really thought he robbed Kendrick and really felt guilty he could have called him onstage and given the award away. Pretty sure its happened before at these awards shows.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Macklemore, despite being a pretty level headed dude, just feels he needs to protect himself against the backlash that will come after this. Inevitably he will be attacked by dickriders for the rest of his career. I also do however think he knows how good GKMC was, and how impactful it was.

I don't think it's an either-or thing for him, he probably very well believes his album is the shit but I think his appreciated for what GKMC is and represents, being able to look from the outside-in, is also what makes him be even more humble about this all than he already is.

HiResDes

I listened to The Heist, and there's very little that separates it from the the hundreds of new-era backpack albums that were coming out around the time that Kanye dropped Graduation. It's pretty decent, but even if you think that that was the second best hip-hop nominee the margin between it and GKMC are so expansive that the schism would make the Grand Canyon blush.

Blackace

I listened to The Heist, and there's very little that separates it from the the hundreds of new-era backpack albums that were coming out around the time that Kanye dropped Graduation. It's pretty decent, but even if you think that that was the second best hip-hop nominee the margin between it and GKMC are so expansive that the schism would make the Grand Canyon blush.

lol

Esch

Banned

It's not really seeing top tier coldvein/siddx/WanderingWind joints to me either. I'd say it's like one of the more mehhh Atmosphere albums but more about having fun/social issues and less about pregnant women in parking lots and alcoholism.

I have a confession to make...

I read all your posts in the Adam West voice...
lmao
If he really thought he robbed Kendrick and really felt guilty he could have called him onstage and given the award away. Pretty sure its happened before at these awards shows.

That might've been even more awkward if he would've given away the award during his speech. I got a strong feeling Ryan Lewis gives absolutely no fucks about Kendrick lol

Halfway through Cilvia Demo and I guess I can safely say that the project isn't that bad at all. The production is wonderful.

No tracks really stand out to me as something I'll replay a lot later on. So far I can see myself revisiting Soliloquy but other than that, I'm good.

okay nevermind. Shot You Down on Cilvia Demo is pretty fire

that's the track with Jay Rock and ScHoolboy Q lol

I'd rate the album a solid 6.5-7/10 though.

PBY

Banned
Uhhhhh

JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 18m

THiS NEON iCON ALBUM iS MY BEST WORK & iT HAS TO BE 790 TiMES BiGGER & BETTER THAN ANYTHiNG TO PROVE THAT iTS NOT A JOKE, SORRY FOR THE WAiT
JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 21m

i DONT KNOW THE EXACT DROP DATE BUT ALONG WiTH THE 1.3 MiL ALSO @MadDecent iS ABOUT TO SiGN ME TO A MAJOR SO iTS ALOT OF GOOD THiNGS OK YALL
JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 22m

i WANTED TO ALBUM TO DROP TOMORROW BUT @DiPLO GOT A $1,300,000 BUDGET FOR MY ViDEOS & THEY HAVE TO FiLL OUT PAPERWORK SO iTS WORTH THE WAiT

MY NEW SiNGLE THAT WiLL BE ON THE RADiO NEXT MONTH iS "VERSACE PYTHON" WiTH @WizKhalifa THANKS WiZ

Isn't the bolded this? ISNT THAT CACOS BEAT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5oCyL6jgW0c

Tokubetsu

Uhhhhh

JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 18m

THiS NEON iCON ALBUM iS MY BEST WORK & iT HAS TO BE 790 TiMES BiGGER & BETTER THAN ANYTHiNG TO PROVE THAT iTS NOT A JOKE, SORRY FOR THE WAiT
JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 21m

i DONT KNOW THE EXACT DROP DATE BUT ALONG WiTH THE 1.3 MiL ALSO @MadDecent iS ABOUT TO SiGN ME TO A MAJOR SO iTS ALOT OF GOOD THiNGS OK YALL
JODY HiGHROLLER ‏@JODYHiGHROLLER 22m

i WANTED TO ALBUM TO DROP TOMORROW BUT @DiPLO GOT A $1,300,000 BUDGET FOR MY ViDEOS & THEY HAVE TO FiLL OUT PAPERWORK SO iTS WORTH THE WAiT

MY NEW SiNGLE THAT WiLL BE ON THE RADiO NEXT MONTH iS "VERSACE PYTHON" WiTH @WizKhalifa THANKS WiZ

Isn't the bolded this? ISNT THAT CACOS BEAT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5oCyL6jgW0c

Yes that was Caco's beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom