• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Damn Skepta (Who?) jacked Caco

Nearly 10000% sure it was caco's beat

It is but iirc he was involved with Versace Python whereas Skepta just stole the music from the YouTube video. I remember PD claiming back in the day that Caco was actually at that Versace Python video shoot.

PBY

Banned
It is but iirc he was involved with Versace Python whereas Skepta just stole the music from the YouTube video. I remember PD claiming back in the day that Caco was actually at that Versace Python video shoot.

Oh damn, maybe Caco will get his. I thought he posted here saying he got jacked, maybe he signed away the rights on some yolo #fuckacontract shit though. Which would suck.

Kwixotik

think he got banned for posting SHUT THE FUCK UP or something like that and he never came back

anyway he didnt eat it cause he's a pussy/because CDs can't be eaten (he should have at least bought it and eaten the booklet on camera)

His profile page says he logged in today, but hasn't posted since last June. Weird.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I guess?

EDIT: I'm guessing that it's trash then?
Check into discogs and find out who's been doing pressings and reissues. If Rhino has touched that record or any disreputable vinyl pressing factory then I wouldn't buy that edition. You'll probably be best going for an original pressing if you can find it and it's reasonably priced.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caco got to watch RiFF RaFF incriminate himself and sniff coke on cam?

#dope #rare

Esch

Banned
Cilvia is ok; the beats are really cool (updated Nujabes style!) but i'm not really interested in I. Rash's character or his story.

Kwixotik

I heard one cities Aviv song and thought it was the shit, but I haven't heard anything besides that. Does he have a clear best release or should I just get his most recent?

GOD DAMN. Congratulations caco. Bless your success. Versace Python song of the year 2014 contender from that coked out freestyle we saw a year ago

HiResDes

Cilvia has great, airy production. SZA has two stand out appearances, but overall it sounds like a good mixtape, nothing amazing. And you don't really get a sense of Rashad's story. Some tracks are stunning, others are just alright.

I'm guessing TDE isn't releasing free music anymore. This should have been a mixtape imo.

Cilvia has great, airy production. SZA has two stand out appearances, but overall it sounds like a good mixtape, nothing amazing. And you don't really get a sense of Rashad's story. Some tracks are stunning, others are just alright.

I'm guessing TDE isn't releasing free music anymore. This should have been a mixtape imo.

Like I said before, they never really released music for free. All the way back to OD was supposed to be released first on iTunes but then decided to make it free.

Esch

Banned

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If I were up to gettin blazed tonite id be in that room right now. Instead I'm gunna go run.

effzee

I don't really think he truly feels his album is not touching GKMC... when he talks about his album and the journey it took to make he is very proud of his work...

Yeah but like others have said he shouldn't have to apologize for winning or being proud of his own work.

I didn't listen to the album nor do I know his whole history but I do remember from that 1 interview he did with hot97 he's beeing on the grind for a long ass time. He isn't some industry plant or something.

And about the Grammys in general...people need to decide. It either matters or it doesn't. If the grammys don't mean anything then it shouldn't matter who wins. Had Kendrick won would they certainly matter then?

Grammys have been extremely slow in embracing rap/hip-hop obviously but its not like rap categories are the only awards they give out off screen. Close to 70 categories don't get aired. And to me it isn't even a white black issue anymore. Its whatever is popular. They didn't just give him the awards cause he is white. If he wasn't there Kendrick wasn't still winning. It would have been Jay Z or Kanye.

Maclemore himself mentioned this when he called up hot97 this morning. He said people are given a ballot and have to fill out the bubbles. He himself was given one and he had no idea who the artists were in some of the other genres but he filled it out. So those people end up going by what they recognize or most likely have heard on the radio.

Whatever the case it sucks that now he has to always deal with this BS. So many people get robbed every year every award show in every art form. Oscars always leaves a group of people salty. Who cares? Macklemore probably gets no respect from the fans anyway and this won't help him any when really people need to open up and realize he is the white Kanye.

Kwixotik

Yeah but like others have said he shouldn't have to apologize for winning or being proud of his own work.

I didn't listen to the album nor do I know his whole history but I do remember from that 1 interview he did with hot97 he's beeing on the grind for a long ass time. He isn't some industry plant or something.

And about the Grammys in general...people need to decide. It either matters or it doesn't. If the grammys don't mean anything then it shouldn't matter who wins. Had Kendrick won would they certainly matter then?

Grammys have been extremely slow in embracing rap/hip-hop obviously but its not like rap categories are the only awards they give out off screen. Close to 70 categories don't get aired. And to me it isn't even a white black issue anymore. Its whatever is popular. They didn't just give him the awards cause he is white. If he wasn't there Kendrick wasn't still winning. It would have been Jay Z or Kanye.

Maclemore himself mentioned this when he called up hot97 this morning. He said people are given a ballot and have to fill out the bubbles. He himself was given one and he had no idea who the artists were in some of the other genres but he filled out it. So those people end up going by what they recognize or most likely have heard on the radio.

Whatever the case it sucks that now he has to always deal with this BS. So many people get robbed every year every award show in every art form. Oscars always leaves a group of people salty. Who cares? Macklemore probably gets no respect from the fans anyway and this won't help him any when really people need to open up and realize he is the white Kanye.

They should just have a smaller voting pool. Don't let people vote for genres they don't follow.

DominoKid

Maclemore himself mentioned this when he called up hot97 this morning. He said people are given a ballot and have to fill out the bubbles. He himself was given one and he had no idea who the artists were in some of the other genres but he filled out it. So those people end up going by what they recognize or most likely have heard on the radio.

ibxlMdihTaLdaU.gif

overcast

"White Kanye " the hell does that mean.
^

I think Grammy justification is unnecessary, but it still gets to me a bit seeing Kendrick lose. I mean, not saying I ever expect Q/Danny to be recognized from them, but I felt like GKMC was popular enough to get that recognition. I am aware at how ridiculous it is, it's okay in the end though.

Macca

Yelawolf - Box Chevy V

Alright. Seems like it was real. So was it actually an old cut or what?

EDIT: Ohhhh fuck. Seems like 2dopeboyz must've switched the real version out with Box Chevy 3. Must've put it up too early or something. They definitely had it up earlier when I heard it. But yea, it's part 3 on their site now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom