• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibf5ZnAivkQ1Az.png

Esch

Banned
Maybe songwriting as PD mentioned, but he still has far and away more instances of that being done well than poorly. Q is great because he leaves some of the grimier shit with rough edges to keep that street feel.

Flow? S tier.
Lyricism? Wouldn't benefit his style, he's good when he's introspective and doesn't need to be rapping like Busta to become inherently better, it might even take away.
Delivery? S tier.
Hookwriting? Could be better, is not bad or mediocre in any respect currently.
Track presence/swag? S tier.
Content? Could use more variety, but it hasn't hurt his music when he has songs that talk about the same shit and they still go hard as fuck. We'll also probably see more variety now that he's changing as a person. He fulfills his niche perfectly.
Features? Fuego.
jbaniTIJfeio1S.png
you know you're a stanley when you're saying that lyricism doesn't suit a rapper

Another failure of the American education system.

this kid's like double the size of young doughboy in boyz n the hood lmao.

future's great. he shouldn't be listening to either rapper though. give this brat some mini pop kids or some shit.

edit: disco the hypocrite. i listened to rap at the same age too.

overcast

Part of Q's appeal, is his vibe to a song. Gangster, hard west shit is what I expect. Or things I can turn up to. All 4 of just tracks thus far capitalize on that well.

Doesn't need a GKMC.

And what is selling well? Like Q ain't going gold or plat, ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the name of that Hemsworth mixtape everyone has been hyping?

I haven't heard anything from Hemsworth before but I need something to jam to tomorrow.

HiResDes

That entire festival is booty.

On Friday I'd leave after Kanye...Saturday looks mostly okay, Sunday is garbage besides Outkast. Ellie Goulding? live? Garbage

What's the name of that Hemsworth mixtape everyone has been hyping?

I haven't heard anything from Hemsworth before but I need something to jam to tomorrow.

THe new Supreme Cuts is what everyone should be listening to now.

Cheddahz

Banned
Since Enzo revived the battle rap OT we're gonna move that shit in there.

I know some of you aren't messing with battle rap, or the culture, but still I urge you to subscribe and at least peak in once in a while to read a little bit about it. Getting into it has been awesome and changed my perception of rap music itself, the culture, and the business. So come and join in. Ask for recommendations.

iYGQSFQ0cVL3.gif

I only check them out whenever we have a night on Plug dedicated to rap battles, but they are always fun to watch with everyone here. I'm going to subscribe to the thread

J. Cole brought out Kendrick Lamar and Jay Z at his show tonight.

Damn that must've woke the crowd up.

Maybe Cole/Kendrick's project will actually come out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Since Enzo revived the battle rap OT we're gonna move that shit in there.

I know some of you aren't messing with battle rap, or the culture, but still I urge you to subscribe and at least peak in once in a while to read a little bit about it. Getting into it has been awesome and changed my perception of rap music itself, the culture, and the business. So come and join in. Ask for recommendations.

iYGQSFQ0cVL3.gif
Cosigned. It's really something to get into, you can't just watch one battle and understand everything, but I really think it's a worthwhile investment and tons of fun to watch.

iWrgUXAM6551w.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
bruhs I been doing a lot of thinking and I am convinced "Oddisee - Tangible Dream" was the album of the year..... Yeezus Was a Mortal Man is the best song I heard in a minute. Like the lyrics, the beats,.... Its what Drake should of been if somebody told him to act like a man after comeback season and while he was doing that stop all that damn singing....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alchemist and Kendrick probably linking up in the future.

Tyga ordered to pay $200k for stolen jewelry.

Jay gave Cole his original Roc Chain. That's pretty awesome, actually. Footage of him bringing Jay out in there.

On Friday I'd leave after Kanye...Saturday looks mostly okay, Sunday is garbage besides Outkast. Ellie Goulding? live? Garbage

THe new Supreme Cuts is what everyone should be listening to now.
Right here. http://www.thefader.com/2013/12/26/download-ryan-hemsworths-new-mix-ryanpackv-1/

Tell me if it doesn't work, and some thoughts are always welcome.
Thanks bros.

overcast

Hey SoCal brethren, what would be a better venue to see Q at, Observatory (Santa Ana) or Worldbeat Center (Balboa Park). I've never heard of the latter at all.

Tickets go on sale Friday. Not until April though.

bruhs I been doing a lot of thinking and I am convinced "Oddisee - Tangible Dream" was the album of the year..... Yeezus Was a Mortal Man is the best song I heard in a minute. Like the lyrics, the beats,.... Its what Drake should of been if somebody told him to act like a man after comeback season and while he was doing that stop all that damn singing....

I completely missed this. I really liked People Hear What They See, so I'll be checking this out.

Hey SoCal brethren, what would be a better venue to see Q at, Observatory (Santa Ana) or Worldbeat Center (Balboa Park). I've never heard of the latter at all.

Where you stay at fam? After seeing probably around 20-30 rap shows at the Observatory I can tell you now the crowd is always fucking wack. It's nothing but kids from the OC that get way too drunk too early in the night and cause drama. I can't speak on the worldbeat center as I've never been but if you live closer to San Diego I suggest going there.

Silky

Banned
Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - East
Favorite Artist - Common
Best feature killer - ?
Favourite producer - Just Blaze
Favourite album - Liquid Swords by GZA
What's in your playlist right now? - Mix of Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Death Grips, Atmosphere and Aesop Rock

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums: College Dropout > Late Registration > Graduation > 80s >Yeezus > MB&TN > WTR
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? - GZA and Raekwon
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? - Raekwon
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? - It was Written > Illmatic > Nastradamus.
Who won? Nas or Nas? - The right guy
Biggie or Pac? - Pac
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? - Based God is about positivity, this question isn't particularly positive.
How do you feel about Macklemore? - Generic uninspired white rapper with no style to his music direction. About as dry as the desert
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - Madvillany2

Welp. There it is. Hi, GAF-Hop.

If they're equal distance Worldbeat @ Balboa Park, easy. Stage puts him practically with the crowd. Can get some of that flab sweat up close and personal.

If it's a long drive down though it might not be worth it unless you make a day out of it. You're closer to Observatory right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom