• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hope he has a big role as a executive producer for it because Hall of Fame was step down from Finally Famous.
Yeah from what it sounds like Kanye is back on board after their differences the past year, which is what resulted in the regression that was Hall of Fame.

overcast

Gibbs song is solid, but I can tell I won't listen to it that much honestly. Excited for that project though.

Big Sean song is a banger. We'll see where he goes after his latest bust. He gave shout outs to Danny Brown which is pretty funny.

IrishNinja

People say this a lot actually. I like them just about equally.

on or offline? i just haven't run into it.
don't get me wrong; shinobis makes a damn interesting argument for his Forever > 36, but this one...i guess i'm thinking of boxing terms, pound-for-pound illmatic is hard to fuck with. IWW is a fantastic album but has more fat, for me.

I like It Was Written slightly more too.

right but your opinions have to stay outside the norm because you live well beyond the ether & come back in for air and to bring us mortals sounds we ain't heard, that's different than say tokus who seems to wander between planes like a spiritual vagabond. ya'lls journey aint the same nahmean

Cross Post with the Battle Rap thread.

Slaughterhouse doing a battle tourney/reality show.
Could be interesting, especially if they introduce some damn production values to the thing. Most battles are unwatchable to me largely because it's the same damn thing: repetitive gun rap with no background music, on stage with 100 people who shouldn't be there. Give me a battle like 106 and Park where people rap over beats, only two men on stage. That alone might move it away from boring pre- written "hollow tips at your head/shoot you in the face/blow ya brains out/etc " shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Could be interesting, especially if they introduce some damn production values to the thing. Most battles are unwatchable to me largely because it's the same damn thing: repetitive gun rap with no background music, on stage with 100 people who shouldn't be there. Give me a battle like 106 and Park where people rap over beats, only two men on stage. That alone might move it away from boring pre- written "hollow tips at your head/shoot you in the face/blow ya brains out/etc " shit.
I really don't want battling over beats to come back. Really, really, really stifles the amount of creativity and style diversity that battle rap has achieved today. Even battle rappers with a diverse set of flows will be restrained to the best and sound corny.

Plus I'm not sure how being over a beat changes the content, unless you explicitly want a BET layer of censorship over everything, which is also corny. You need to listen to more diverse battle rappers if you think that not being on a beat = gun bars.

If it's on a beat.. just make a goddamn track if you want to remove most of the performance element from battle rap and make it Making Da Band 8 or w/e.

EDIT: I especially don't understand the desire for that when people pretty universally hate battle bars on beats as not taking advantage of the format. Was reminded of this listening to the Styles P verse on this Lord Steppington.

Esch

Banned
Could be interesting, especially if they introduce sthe
e damn production values to the thing. Most battles are unwatchable to me largely because it's the same damn thing: repetitive gun rap with no background music, on stage with 100 people who shouldn't be there. Give me a battle like 106 and Park where people rap over beats, only two men on stage. That alone might move it away from boring pre- written "hollow tips at your head/shoot you in the face/blow ya brains out/etc " shit.
Beats limit flows, pre writtens are always better than freestyles and if you want to listen to people not rap about street shit theres always KOTD for the nerds. The format of this show is awful. Its 1 three minute round apiece and they're filming all the battles over the course of a couple days. Trash.

And Jack Thrillers hosting right? Trash.

Kwixotik

I found Neoga

hxMzYOV.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sean needs to get keY Wane and Travi$ Scott to produce the entirety of his next album. Together on that track they do great, but on separate tracks they do fantastic. keY Wane for the tropical, airy, laid back and ornamental tracks and La Flame for the harder shit and the anthems.

I think Sean needs another Mercy to succeed, and La Flame can give him that.

Ohnonono

I have never really dug into 90's era stuff... should I blind buy Liquid Swords for the gym today? I see people talking about how great it is all the time. A good place to start with that style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom