• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Danny Brown is probably the only one with a copy of it and he is probably doing coke off of the album while crying and listening to Nas

DominoKid

You know, sometimes I wonder if young folks now (like 12-16) look at J. Cole the way we did/do Kanye. Oh well at least the kids have Kendrick to look to.

royalan

Rumor has it that Nicki Minaj, otherwise known as Hip Hop's Queen, has a new single dropping this Wednesday.

Here she is at the video shoot for it:

DKqnktA.jpg

2hq45k4.jpg

(I would post the rest of the shots from the shoot, but I don't think I can...)

Anyway, I'm excited for some new Nicki. The word is she wants this next record to be more street and less pop than her last one, and this "somewhat" tamer look seems to confirm that. This is good news to me, because I actually think Nicki is a damn good MC when she's not being a clown. I actually really liked her mixtapes.

overcast

He got that Jay and Kanye technology
Lmao. I remember waiting for WTT. Thread was crazy.
it's only an early W if he makes it to less than 5 days and he probably wont since the shits are already pressed up right>
Yeah, I bet we get it in the next week. I just thought of it similarly to ASAPS album. How the hell did that leak so quick?
Movies though?
60's film was fucking excellent.

I didn't care for Kiss Land much. Kind of went in one ear, out the other. I love Weeknd's music too.

Also, my best friends GF admires Nicki, so I'll be hearing her new stuff I'm sure. I'm on Nicki is fine bandwagon.

IrishNinja

Smh at the thread title.

not to be that dude, but: i totally get taking offense at the way FOX/etc basically uses the word thug instead of black/scary minority etc, but ghetto music is that bad? i mean past the Outkast track/etc, if someone called grimy ignant ass trap shit ghetto i don't think i'd bat an eye....calling the whole genre that though, i guess that's some shit

not to be that dude, but: i totally get taking offense at the way FOX/etc basically uses the word thug instead of black/scary minority etc, but ghetto music is that bad? i mean past the Outkast track/etc, if someone called grimy ignant ass trap shit ghetto i don't think i'd bat an eye....calling the whole genre that though, i guess that's some shit

I thought he was talking about particular songs but when I keep reading he meant hip-hop as a whole.

cdyhybrid

Well, he also said hip hop isn't a genre of music.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
1) That Pac meeting KDdot pic is some Tumblr yaoi fangirl shit. Embarrassing. People need to stop with the hero worship already. I imagine Toku almost chucked his keyboard, so that image was worth it.

2) Danny Brown gets respect from everybody buy the teen girls who purchase most music. Other rappers love him, reviewers loved Old, heads have been talking about him for a minute. The dude will settle down when he realizes a mid 30s rapper that looks like a failed ODB clone is never going to own the 50 Cent/Drake lane with the ladies. Hope he doesn't OD before then.

3) 25K preorders for Q isn't that bad, right? I mean, who the fuck preorders music? Who does that? I can see his album selling about 500k in a years time. That's optimistic though. He'll probably do less. Again, the amount a balding dude with a tween daughter is going to sell is gonna be limited.

HiResDes

Is this a sample of Saw 1 theme? Edit: lol at him calling himself Brick Flair. Maybe I am just now noticing that

is he planning on dropping more of a political rap album or what? Black Sheep Don't Cry

Yeah he just added some snares and a little chopped flair, but honestly it didn't need much, a drop would have been nice though

IrishNinja

I thought he was talking about particular songs but when I keep reading he meant hip-hop as a whole.

Well, he also said hip hop isn't a genre of music.

ahaha, disregard then...glad i couldn't even indulge the "not a genre" bit, i'm guessing he's one of those "ITS CALLED RAP" dudes

Damn yo, OT 10 is coming sooner than later, we gotta make this shit special brehs

bfznb.png

i don't think we've topped that one title about being delayed for sample clearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom