• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't bother to check the track numbers because I love those.
edit: Shame on you des. Not checking tracks as well.

The album would be insanely better if It was only the bold sections. 4-9 are what I don't like.

1. "Sacrilegious"
2. "THere He Go"
3. "Hands on tHe WHeel" (featuring ASAP Rocky)

4. "Sex Drive" (featuring Jhené Aiko)
5. "Oxy Music"
6. "My Hatin' Joint"
7. "Tookie Knows" (Interlude)
8. "Raymond 1969"

9. "Sexting"
10. "Grooveline Pt. 1" (featuring Dom Kennedy and Currensy)
11. "Gangsta in Designer (No Concept)"
12. "How We Feeling"
13. "Druggys wit Hoes Again" (featuring Ab-Soul)
14. "NigHtmare on Figg St."
15. "My Homie"
16. "Blessed" (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
17. "NiggaHs.Already.Know.Davers.Flow"
18. "2 Raw" (featuring Jay Rock) (Bonus Track)

The bolded is what I would have wanted. Those tracks muddy up the flow of the album so bad.

injurai

Banned
^ yeah on second look I will agree with this. I was being harsh on that whole segment because of the broken flow. I do like Grooveline Pt. 1 as a song still. Album has a great sprint to the finish that is for sure.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Grooveline is dope as fuck. I'd agree with knocking tracks 4.5.9 off the tracklist tho.

really wish I kept that playlist around, the flow on the re-arranged list was pretty dope.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not that they're bad songs, but everything between Oxy Music and Druggies Wit Hoes Again gets a skip for me when I want to listen to Q.

Not that they're bad songs, but everything between Oxy Music and Druggies Wit Hoes Again gets a skip for me when I want to listen to Q.

Understandable. Even those tracks between that range that I like just kind of work against the album as a whole despite being good on their own

SoilBreak

Banned
My tracklist from amazon is mad different tho. The songs flow with each other much better.

1.Sacrilegious
2.2 Raw (feat. Jay Rock)
3.Oxy Music
4.My Hatin' Joint
5.How We Feeling
6.Druggys Wit Hoes Again (feat. Ab Soul)
7.Nightmare On Figg St.
8.There He Go
9.My Homie
10.Hands On The Wheel (feat. A$ap Rocky)
11.Gangsta In Designer (No Concept)
12.Groovline Pt. 1 (feat. Dom Kennedy & Curren$y)
13.Tookie Knows (Interlude)
14.Raymond 1969
15.Sex Drive (feat. Jhene Aiko)
16.niggaHs.already.know.davers.flow
17.Blessed (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

PBY

Banned
.... I don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4RV2-YmwwM
tumblr_lukqzpCcEv1qg3uqyo1_250.gif

DominoKid

Mastermind listening session writeup
Immediately out of the intro, the album launches into “Rich Is Gangsta,” a power-track not in the vein of “Blowin’ Money Fast” and “911,” but of the more soulful variety. The corresponding visuals evoked the power of the song, with images ranging from plentiful bars of gold to Michael Jordan sporting his six championship rings. Like many of Ross’ themes on Rich Forever, this is one of his street motivation anthems.

What followed from tracks 2 through 11 was the strongest sequencing of songs ever on any Rick Ross album. Period.
If he had stopped there and thrown in “Sanctified,” “Thug Cry” (The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League’s interpretation of Billy Cobham’s song “Heather,” the sample that powered Souls Of Mischief’s “93 ’til Infinity“) and bonus cuts “Blessings In Disguise” (featuring Scarface) and “Paradise Lost,” many might be lining up to call this album a classic—and plenty still may. But, a song or two toward the end (The Weeknd assisted In Vein sounded more Weeknd than Ross and Walkin on Air with Meek Mill broke no new ground), represented the only POTENTIALLY skippable fare on the album, in our opinion—at least on first listen.

1. "Sacrilegious"
2. "THere He Go"
3. "Hands on tHe WHeel" (featuring ASAP Rocky)

4. "Sex Drive" (featuring Jhené Aiko)
5. "Oxy Music"
6. "My Hatin' Joint"
7. "Tookie Knows" (Interlude)
8. "Raymond 1969"

9. "Sexting"
10. "Grooveline Pt. 1" (featuring Dom Kennedy and Currensy)
11. "Gangsta in Designer (No Concept)"
12. "How We Feeling"
13. "Druggys wit Hoes Again" (featuring Ab-Soul)
14. "NigHtmare on Figg St."
15. "My Homie"
16. "Blessed" (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
17. "NiggaHs.Already.Know.Davers.Flow"
18. "2 Raw" (featuring Jay Rock) (Bonus Track)

The bolded is what I would have wanted. Those tracks muddy up the flow of the album so bad.

This really improved the album for me

Esch

Banned
ehhhh that's not really my cup of henny flavored tea. But if ya'll like it cool.
(note to self create henny flavored tea....)

With that said I'm really feeling this new Willie the Kid

Dude is nice

I'm happy someone else besides Thabiz listened to it, i thought it was pretty dope. Nice to hear boom bap with a little energy, usually feels like everything else in the subgenre is really sleepwalking

overcast

Wait, you guys didn't post the best part of the Drake interview where he complains that Macklemore shouldn't have sent the text.

"To name just Kendrick?" Drake says. "That shit made me feel funny. No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages."

LOL.

thabiz

macklemore is trying super hard to keep that squeaky clean image and the tweet proved it. he comes across as a cast member of leave it to beaver.

Macklemore thought Kendrick made the best hip hop album of the year. Drake is all kinds of wrong in that interview. Sounds like a cry baby who thinks higher of his work than others do.

Uhh no

Such a dumb move to do that apology. Take the win, or if you really wanna be all genuine...dedicate the damn award to him and make him come up or something

Drakes right, if anybody else won they wouldn't apologize to Kendrick or anybody else

Edit: never mind, didn't see what overcast posted. Drakes right about the apology though. That's a weak move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom