• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
People like us who listen to new music constantly have to remember ESPECIALLY ME to let songs sit with them for awhile because were often so quick to judge in this day and age.

Beats usually get me with few listens

Tokubetsu

PJ9QaDB.jpg

Rome Fortune's "Beautiful Pimp II"
Download
Stream

My favorite tracks off the first one:
"Ice Cream Man"
"Letter Loose"
"Balcony"

effzee

I feel like everyone is right to a degree.

Macklemore has no reason to apologize. And he shouldn't be guilt into apologizing as if his album wasn't rap. Just because it broke through the pop barrier and most internet rap fans don't like it doesn't make it any less worthy considering its the grammys and sales and popularity counts. Plus Macklemore himself went over how stupid the voting process is where it allows people who know nothing about rap to vote. And of course they vote for the guy they have heard of.

Drake is right that he shouldn't have to apologize but that if you are going to, keep it private between you and Kendrick. Posting it online just makes it seem like he is telling the online world "look guys I get I'm sorry". But Drake delusional if he thinks he owes an apology to everyone. Only Kendrick's album was considered to be the best as a consensus so that is who he felt he robbed.

If he apologized to every nominated rapper, then it would be a racial thing.

On another note even though the hook is meh, I like the new Ice Cube song. But I keep picturing him performing in a Coors Light commercial.

Lol, desperation

Lil Wayne with that Emmett till bullshit and now this fuckery

Well she did say she was the female weezy...

Songs dogshit btw

Riff Raff will never hit it that big. But he deserves to with his hook-game

His verses can be tomfoolery though (and honestly I think sometimes action Bronson falls under this problem too) and it tends to sound the same

There are times when his flow is on point though. We've only heard one single from neon icon right? I wonder if he'll change his verses up for his debut

overcast

Aight, listening to them. Studio sounds pretty damn whack. Rest are solid, can't really make a judgement. I think The Purge sounds dope.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hey pete, I really enjoy that beat you posted yesterday. I put it on loop when writing a story yesterday. Really great work.

i can't judge until i hear the full album. gkmc had wack snippets too aside from maad city. needed to hear the songs to realize stuff like bitch don't kill my vibe and money trees sounded great.

the vibe is surprising though, seems really laid back. i dunno. i can't let my hype die when it's only mere weeks now.

overcast

In general? Yeah. Doesn't sound like he "sold out" or anything. Didn't go fake trap.

Also, Peter, your beat was dope. Keep posting shit here. And what Disco said was true. I wasn't a huge fan of the GKMC snippets.

Edit: Also considering we have MOTY, Collard Greens, Break The Bank, and Gangsta (sorta) we have a feel of the other side of the album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lol. Just when I start to give him some credit cause of the Macklemore comments, he does this.

But the Macklemore comment was just him whining about not winning and asking why didn't Mecks give him a shoutout too.

Jealousy and super undercover shots at Kendrick (again) does not earn a man credit.

Cudder

the Danny Brown tweets irked me more. it's expected with Drake, but seeing DB with those "why am i not more respected?!" tweets was cringe worthy.

the Danny Brown tweets irked me more. it's expected with Drake, but seeing DB with those "why am i not more respected?!" tweets was cringe worthy.

He's always been like that though. He craves validation from the hipster crowd, hence his Joy Division and Kid A shout outs. The second half of Old is basically him aiming for their praise.

HiResDes

oxy sounds like a fucking kendrick album by q with some pandering OF type garbage beats

Hahaha, how you gon come back with such negativity, I mean we all know it's gonna be mediocre but you gotta give us hope. I mean it's looking bad when Q's number one stan ain't got his back. That last snippet was tight though
2USnS.png

Esch

Banned
Hahaha, how you gon come back with such negativity, I mean we all know it's gonna be mediocre but you gotta give us hope. I mean it's looking bad when Q's number one stan ain't got his back. That last snippet was tight though
2USnS.png

My brehbreh, another year of dripping that SWAGU. happy birthday

tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif
tt10286689fltt.gif

overcast

Man, those snippets broke me a bit. Shit isn't awful, but it sounds like it really isn't much.

Q fans gonna be dropping like flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom