• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Uhh no this is just irrational drake hate. He was totally right

Such a dumb move to do that apology. Take the win, or if you really wanna be all genuine...dedicate the damn award to him and make him come up or something

Drakes right, if anybody else won they wouldn't apologize to Kendrick or anybody else

Edit: never mind, didn't see what overcast posted. Drakes right about the apology though. That's a weak move
But this delusional guy Drake thinks his album is as good as King Kendrick's...

Uhh no

Such a dumb move to do that apology. Take the win, or if you really wanna be all genuine...dedicate the damn award to him and make him come up or something

Drakes right, if anybody else won they wouldn't apologize to Kendrick or anybody else

Edit: never mind, didn't see what overcast posted. Drakes right about the apology though. That's a weak move

He apologized cause he thought Kendrick made the AOTY, which isn't a crazy opinion. And it wouldn't matter if Kendrick or anyone would do the same ...cause Kendrick made the AOTY.

What Drake is catching feelings about is that he's implying that Kendrick's album was better than all the other nominees. He's not saying Drake's or Hov's or anyone else's was better than his own, which is whatever the battle for 2nd place don't matter.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What people are failing to see is that Kendrick still would have lost to Jay-Z or Ye so he DIDN'T rob anyone.

The one time Drake mans up and speaks truth everyone starts with catching feelings shit like that means anything at all

cdyhybrid

What people are failing to see is that Kendrick still would have lost to Jay-Z or Ye so he DIDN'T rob anyone.

The one time Drake mans up and speaks truth everyone starts with catching feelings shit like that means anything at all

That quote overcast posted just reeks of him feeling disrespected because Macklemore didn't apologize to him too.

Blackace

That quote overcast posted just reeks of him feeling disrespected because Macklemore didn't apologize to him too.

Oh please

The dude spoke the truth about just taking your win and going with it.

Why apologize to 4th place?

He knows grammys is about market and sales. Something he catches shit for...

cdyhybrid

Oh please

The dude spoke the truth about just taking your win and going with it.

Why apologize to 4th place?

He knows grammys is about market and sales. Something he catches shit for...

I agree with Drake that he shouldn't have apologized at all, and especially shouldn't have posted it on social media. But that quote just makes me question his intentions, is all.

Blackace

I agree with Drake that he shouldn't have apologized at all, and especially shouldn't have posted it on social media. But that quote just makes me question his intentions, is all.

Are you catching feelings?

Oh shit cdyhybrid got the feelings!

See how stupid that angle is...

What were the vote percentages? All I remember was Kendrick barely getting any.

Blackace

Maybe if I had a history of it :p

Drake really doesn't have a history of it as well... he soft and pretends to be hard... if anything he has just retaliated to attacks

Common hated because he lost his girl to him

Kendrick called him out for selling more records than him

And Drake catching feelings loool

Blackace

What did everyone else get?

Saying take your prize and let it be is whatever, but to say you deserve an apology text message too is LOL

I don't remember off top of my head but 2nd was Jay-Z

He might as well apologized to everyone with a vote at that point tho...

I don't see anything wrong with texting a buddy on the side in private and saying, "Yo I think your album shoulda won." and then leave it alone...

But like to do that and then post online that you did that is just all kinds of corny.

Drake's on point with what he's saying.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Drake is like the little kid in tee ball crying in the dugout and the outraged mother who only wants her son to get a trophy too. All wrapped up in one person.

Blackace

I don't see anything wrong with texting a buddy on the side in private and saying, "Yo I think your album shoulda won." and then leave it alone...

But like to do that and then post online that you did that is just all kinds of corny.

Drake's on point with what he's saying.

Pretty much

He only apologized to who he thought deserved the award, Drake butting in saying he should have got an apology text too is....so Drake.

If you air your shit on social media then expect people to speak that truth

How can you rob 4th place?

cdyhybrid

I don't remember off top of my head but 2nd was Jay-Z

He might as well apologized to everyone with a vote at that point tho...

Unless he thought his album was better than Drake's, though. We don't know what he thinks of the other nominees, just that he thought GKMC was a better album.

How can you rob 4th place?

You can't, which is why it's weird that Drake wants an apology. There shouldn't have been any apology, but Drake was never going to get one in any situation, why is he asking for one now?

Sounds like Drake is saying Macklemore apologized for robbing Kendrick because a non-hip-hop album won, so he should apologize to all the artists in the category, who actually had hip hop albums. See this quote:

"This is how the world works: He made a brand of music that appealed to more people than me, Hov, Kanye and Kendrick. Whether people wanna say it's racial, or whether it's just the fact that he tapped into something we can't tap into. That's just how the cards fall. Own your shit."

And in the end, if Macklemore was going to start doling out apologies, he should have reached out to more nominees, Drake says. "To name just Kendrick? That shit made me feel funny. No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages!"

But that stance is just foolish. Macklemore was rapping, it was a hip hop album.

Blackace

Unless he thought his album was better than Drake's, though. We don't know what he thinks of the other nominees, just that he thought GKMC was a better album.

I understand he thought Kendrick's album was great and it was.

But people are thinking Drake wants that same email because he doesn't really from how I read it

He thought Macklemore shouldn't be feeling sorry for winning

Esch

Banned
Maybe Drake meant the 'all of us should have got texts' from a race standpoint if he interpreted the text to Kendrick as some sort of white guiltery?

Blackace

Maybe Drake meant the 'all of us should have got texts' from a race standpoint if he interpreted the text to Kendrick as some sort of white guiltery?

Or Macklemore didn't need to apologize because he hadn't seen any of benefits of slavery

overcast

Macklemore definitely shouldn't have posted that text. Didn't need to feel bad for winning.

Think Drake is for sure jealous about Kendrick though. Despite him getting 1% of the vote, he sees everywhere that GKMC was the real album of the year. Twitter is going crazy, blogs, etc. Drake again realizes that he lost his chance at being respected, and despite everything Kendrick is the "peoples champ" and the critical darling, he's just not quite as popular.

Drake is still catching feelings, despite being correct about the apology in general.

cdyhybrid

This is a better way of summing up what I was trying to say, but instead of white guilt, "pop guilt".

mooooose

for the record NWTS couldve been a classic

its close

also i fucking love camron

also u guys all made fun of me but 2013's breakout star was pharrell so eat dicks

riff raff next

also q's album might be ass but i still have faith

see you later gaf hop

Esch

Banned
Or Macklemore didn't need to apologize because he hadn't seen any of benefits of slavery
Im not agreeing with Drakes bit about deserving an apology too or Macklemore here

This is a better way of summing up what I was trying to say, but instead of white guilt, "pop guilt".
Meh. Drake is a pop artist. Jay Z in 2013 makes pop music. Kanye has in the past.Theres nothing wrong with that, but none of these guys have the right to pop guilt anyone really.

overcast

Riff Raff isn't going to blow up. Dude is too weird, jerks off with women in the room. Plus his music isn't shit people will bump seriously.

And I'm looking forward to the album.

The way I took in Drake's message was that; he was mad that Macklemore only felt like he was robbing Kendrick and not Drake, Jay and Kanye. Or that Macklemore felt like Drake wasn't even on his radar for who had a chance at winning awards over him.

You guys should remember that Macklemore did instagram a picture of a text he send Kendrick before the grammy's went down

Macklemore2text.png

So I wasn't surprised that he instagrammed the text afterwards as well. I do believe that he should've probably kept it to himself though.

My friend saw Riff Raff live when he was here with Mad Decent Block Party (I think that's the name) and she said he looked fucking disgusting and that his music sucked on top of that. That's the opinion of someone seeing and hearing Riff Raff for the first time in their lives haha

Esch

Banned
War Ready is growing on me big time dat beat.

Like I said I didn't get the generic complaints against it earlier, especially given that Devil Is a Lie has a pretty unique (insert stolen joke here) sound. I think it's epic. Beats don't have to be innovative or new sounding to be good. UOENO isn't some sort of groundbreaking sh!t, it's just hot. Hot beats are hot.

Beat is epic!

Kinda liking this trend...

Much different speeds from the later half of 2013

Like 10 2 10 MotY Shit and so on

Like I said I didn't get the generic complaints against it earlier, especially given that Devil Is a Lie has a pretty unique (insert stolen joke here) sound. I think it's epic. Beats don't have to be innovative or new sounding to be good. UOENO isn't some sort of groundbreaking sh!t, it's just hot. Hot beats are hot.

People like us who listen to new music constantly have to remember ESPECIALLY ME to let songs sit with them for awhile because were often so quick to judge in this day and age.

everybody but ASAP moose is wrong.

also 10 2 10 is pretty fun but worst behaviour is magnitudes better. big sean aint on drake's level. but that recent song of his was pretty damn good.

i think new rick ross album might be quite good, i like what i've heard so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom