• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
When you start posting Dylan tracks in here you gotta go...He should have been a ghostwriter.

Yo thats how I know you're my buddy. Bob Dylan hate. Dude is overrated trash imo

iToabSOdA1nZM.gif

HiResDes

Yo this VIc Mensa tape is dope as fuck, super super smooth. I'm talking potential top ten in quality. Reminds me of Acid Raps, but maybe even a bit more polished.

Mik317

I swear Ab-Soul has been on like every tape/album I've listened to lately....

often getting slayed.

Never will forget how bad Vince Staples did dude. Shit wasn't even cool man

Mik317

This Vic tape is pretty ace.

This circle of friends are like 3/3 this year for me (Chance, Taylor Bennet and now Vic).

mooooose

Peter's comments earlier... I don't agree at all.

The album doesn't have a narrative, but it has a message. This is the inside of his brain. He was a gangster but a hipster at heart. He was stressed. He was loved. He was hated. He was misunderstood. He was robbed. He was hurt. We learned about his youth more, his family, his conflicts with where he is now, how he perceives drugs and why his family used them, what could've been, etc. It isn't just XXX volume 2, it's more of Danny Brown. It didn't need to reinvent the wheel, but luckily on songs like Wonderbread, it did.

Cheddahz

Banned
Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - East Coast
Favorite Artist - Kanye West
Best feature killer - Danny Brown
Favourite producer - I don't have a favorite, but I can tell good production from bad production
Favourite album - Return to the 36 Chambers - The Dirty Version
What's in your playlist right now? - I'm currently bumping Old

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums: LR, Yeezus, MBDTF, CD, 808s, GR
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? ODB
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? No
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Genius
How do you feel about Macklemore? He is corny
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Jay Electronica - whatever?

Mik317

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - East Coast
Favorite Artist - Eminem.....or at least he used to be.
Best feature killer - Freddie Gibbs. I don't even like him like that but Scottie Pippen man.
Favourite producer - Pharell...I own all the NERD albums...yeah
Favourite album - MOTM 1 or 2
What's in your playlist right now? - Everything. I just love music. Also helps to keep oneself from burning out on stuff

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums: CD, Yeezus, 808s, MBDTF, LR, GR (all good tho)
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Redman
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Naw. Except Nastradamus..
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas
Biggie or Pac? Pac
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Based God.
How do you feel about Macklemore? Dude straight talks on songs....but hey not gonna hate on a dude getting his.
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? None. The world will end before any of them release. It is law.

HiResDes

There aren't many hip-hop albums in the same realm as Old, just like there aren't many hip-hop albums like Yeezus. Whether you hate it or not.

...Nobody likes Graduation, but apparently someone really likes Nastradamus!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There aren't many hip-hop albums in the same realm as Old, just like there aren't many hip-hop albums like Yeezus. Whether you hate it or not.

...Nobody likes Graduation, but apparently someone really likes Nastradamus!
Old is the only album that's come out this year that I legitimately understand if someone puts it above Yeezus on their AotY list. Danny came through.

Almost guaranteed Top 5 for me.

Cheddahz

Banned
Old is the only album that's come out this year that I legitimately understand if someone puts it above Yeezus on their AotY list. Danny came through.

Almost guaranteed Top 5 for me.

It topped Yeezus as my AotY and I didn't think that was going to happen

Mik317

believe...

(I actually read that as favorite not best..best is probably Ghost....)

edit:...

wait herpderp...

I meant MethodMan.

well shit

iWBJ4KrtSYtq2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom