• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
why is it so hard to save money? I'm trying, but I constantly just think of things I want.
Hardest things is not buying vices. Haven't bought weed in a week. Haven't bought cigarettes in a months, and i haven't bought beer in a couple days. Last time i bought a bluray was Friday tho. Saw Boogie Nights on sale. Had to get it.
Fuck.

always keep the bigger picture in mind. that's all. and make more money.

Esch

Banned
ribeye coated in ground pepper and kosher salt, cooked with EVOO in a Griswold cast-iron pan.

cause non-stick is definitely fuck boy shit as well

I'm not a big fan of EVOO for steak. You right about that cast iron though. The ideal, restaurant way is to throw it in the oven and then pan sear, but tbh that's super hardcore.

Mr.Swag

Banned
always keep the bigger picture in mind. that's all. and make more money.

That make more money part is hard. I taking 12 credits, and work 24-28 hours a week. Dont have time for a second job unless i sacrifice schoolwork time, and not doing that.

Just gonna keep going out less.
At least I have music.

Cudder

That make more money part is hard. I taking 12 credits, and work 24-28 hours a week. Dont have time for a second job unless i sacrifice schoolwork time, and not doing that.

Just gonna keep going out less.
At least I have music.

You're still in school and still live with your parents right? This is when you should be saving loads of money. Create a budget and stop spending it on stupid shit.

codhand

I'm not a big fan of EVOO for steak. You right about that cast iron though. The ideal, restaurant way is to throw it in the oven and then pan sear, but tbh that's super hardcore.

im gonna try butter,

i like evoo cause it gets super hot,

also gonna try my cookie rack as a meat rester sounds like good shit

Mr.Swag

Banned
You're still in school and still live with your parents right? This is when you should be saving loads of money. Create a budget and stop spending it on stupid shit.
I know. Not goin out as much as I used to. Just once a week basically.
My sister blew my mind recently when she told me she has a couple grand in the bank. Makes sense tho, she never goes out.

Esch

Banned
im gonna try butter,

i like evoo cause it gets super hot,

also gonna try my cookie rack as a meat rester sounds like good shit

Dat's cause it has a low smoke point, dat unsaturated fat denatures quickly under heat stress. I think it's okay to start with olive oil and then add a couple tablespoons (yes, tablespoons) in the pan for basting. If you have Netflix, watch Mind of a Chef with David Chang (you should watch the whole show cause its fuckin dope) episode called "Fresh". There's a top NYC saucier who shows how to butter baste pretty well.

also, this is a good resource. got some science in there as well, but nothing too inaccessible.

Esch

Banned
I know. Not goin out as much as I used to. Just once a week basically.
My sister blew my mind recently when she told me she has a couple grand in the bank. Makes sense tho, she never goes out.

Just drink handles of shit tier liquor. Taaka, Kentucky Tavern, etc.

filler

Banned
What do y'all think is Blackace's most well put together mix?

Blackace what do you feel is the most well put together?

Gonna start cleaning my barracks room for inspection, need to start jammin out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Only reason I save as much money as I do is because the cost of living here is dirt cheap. I don't keep a budget, spend money freely (almost stupidly often) and still manage to usually have about $1000-1500 left over out of my monthly pay at the end of the month to just save up with. I am going to be screwed if I move somewhere where I can't buy beer for half a dollar, cigarettes for 80 cents, and a lunch for a dollar.
It also helps that I paid off all my debts already and have no dependents.

HiResDes

Ok so yall know Im a stuck in the 90s dude and rock an old school blockia phone.

Im bout to get a smartphone and since Ive been on my carrier so long with no phone upgrades or whatever Im getting a pretty good deal I think.

They giving me this phone basically for free with better terms for the same money Im paying right now.

GAF-Hop tech heads or anyone who knows about phones take a look and tell me if this phone is any good?

Great phone only second the HTC One IMO.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Great phone only second the HTC One IMO.

I assume you are talking about the newer One? Cause I have the old One, with a 1ghz processor and its so fucking slow and glitchy I spend half my day wanting to throw it against the wall. Web browser crashes within about 3 minutes of using it, text messages often simply wont load, my contacts vanish and reappear an random. It is truly the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the displeasure of using.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this Kanye singing in the background of Hold On?

Going through this Pusha album right now and I'm surprised it's as well put together as he's been saying for like the past year and a half.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is this Kanye singing in the background of Hold On?

Going through this Pusha album right now and I'm surprised it's as well put together as he's been saying for like the past year and a half.

It sounds like Kanye though i got to say you could interpret Pusha's lines as disses against Ross and then Boom Ross starts spitting.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Anybody else always late to albums?
I still haven't got Yeesuz. I know myself, and I know I'll prolly get it eventually.
I feel like like I listen to every album a year after release. Idk why.

overcast

why is it so hard to save money? I'm trying, but I constantly just think of things I want.
Hardest things is not buying vices. Haven't bought weed in a week. Haven't bought cigarettes in a months, and i haven't bought beer in a couple days. Last time i bought a bluray was Friday tho. Saw Boogie Nights on sale. Had to get it.
Fuck.
Pretty much. I spend my money on too much shit. Find it really hard to save, and I am currently living with my Dad. For example, I need to get a safety razor with my next paycheck cause this Gillette shit isn't cutting it anymore. Gotta cop Old and watch a movie this weekend too.

Might also try getting a new job, cause this host shit isn't cutting it pay wise. 9 dollars an hour, maybe 20 hours a week.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Anybody else always late to albums?
I still haven't got Yeesuz. I know myself, and I know I'll prolly get it eventually.
I feel like like I listen to every album a year after release. Idk why.

never I... but it's what I need to ball on weekends

Im new to this phone shit, but god damn people are fucking stupid.

iPhones are the shittiest things in the world.

I always assumed they were so popular because they were the best phones. Using comparison sites and looking at specs and Im realising that iPhones are fucking garbage.

Apple are a marketing company and a marketing company alone, its incredible really.

Des I'm guessing this is how you feel when people buy Beats headphones...

Buying a name.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Ain't nothing g wrong with iPhones. Maybe it's Cus it's been my phone of choice since 2008 but it's just so simple to use. Never owned an android so I'm biased of course.

mooooose

holy fuck i got an advance copy of the new dj rashad album and you guys need to hear this when it drops, everyone. these are some of the best beats i've heard in a long time.

I always assumed they were so popular because they were the best phones. Using comparison sites and looking at specs and Im realising that iPhones are fucking garbage.

Apple are a marketing company and a marketing company alone, its incredible really.

Buying a name.

Lots of people are hostages to Apple because they bought into the App Store/iTunes. iTunes is useable on Androids but its nowhere near as simple. If you're making that initial decision, I don't see why you'd go for an iPhone anymore. Costs way too much for what it is and the "it's easier to use" excuse doesn't cut it anymore.

HiResDes

holy fuck i got an advance copy of the new dj rashad album and you guys need to hear this when it drops, everyone. these are some of the best beats i've heard in a long time.

I heard it. It's dope, but I can't stop listening to this new Glasser forreal.

Cudder

Pretty much. I spend my money on too much shit. Find it really hard to save, and I am currently living with my Dad. For example, I need to get a safety razor with my next paycheck cause this Gillette shit isn't cutting it anymore. Gotta cop Old and watch a movie this weekend too.

Might also try getting a new job, cause this host shit isn't cutting it pay wise. 9 dollars an hour, maybe 20 hours a week.

Pretty much how I'm living. Part time job, still at home. I fucked away a lot of money up until 6 months ago when I started to actually put my mind to saving some money. Been trying to find a full time gig for a while, actually have a second interview on Tuesday, but it's in a COMPLETELY different field than what I studied in school and have been doing until now. :\

CRS

Buying a name.

That's ridiculous. iOS is not bad and if it was more open like Android, it would be great. The reason I love Android devices is how open they are and their flexibility. On the flip side, because Apple has their strict rules regarding iOS, they've been able to achieve a streamlined environment. Apple releases solid products (except for their chargers) and they have the luxury of charging more so more power to them.

I'll always rock an Android device (S III) since I always have it with me and I have my iPad when I'm around the house.

HiResDes

Pretty big hands, size eleven shoe, at 5'5"...But it's more of a problem putting that in my pockets, and I feel ridiculous holding a Note to my face whenever I actually have to make calls on the thing. My friend has one. iPhone isn't bad, they just haven't really done anything new and interesting with their phone architecture in a while. And it's a bit overpriced, although the price to quality ratio isn't as bad as a pair of Beats.

Shit is dope. Liked his ep earlier this year too. Sidenote: Cover art on the new one is fantastic

thabiz

its ok. starts really strong then slowly fades into background music.

CRS

Also, I love my phone right now with my grandfathered data plan. Rooting phone -> enable Wi-Fi hotspot (without paying a stupid monthly charge) -> LTE iPad everywhere I go.

HiResDes

iPhones have really responsive screens, and seem to get the most out of their processors even when they start to lag behind current gen phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom