• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Danny is going to be suicidal over that Needle Drop review.

edit - Wow one thing that is definitely true about XXX is how surprising the depressing part was for someone who knew nothing about Danny. He enticed you with the party zany stuff and then all of a sudden you listened to the depressing parts. It was like the Click of albums (except good). Old is great but it doesn't entice a normal person to listen to Side A, which is why I hear more of my friends talking about Side B.

codhand

Does the Needle Drop have the influence P4K has? I was surprised when Danny mentioned it.

it should, fantano is the man, dude really knows his shit, plus he really is out chea.

i havent really gotten to Side B,

anytime im in a album situation i end up hearing one side over and over until im sick of it before moving on, especially if the quality is high, and Side A on Old is great, but my first impression of Side B was that it sounds like an entirely different project.

i wanted to do a side a, side b for my last project, but group compromise led us to the world's first Double EP instead.

mooooose

It's way better than a 7, at least based on Side A and half of Side B and Float On. All of Side A ranges from great to amazing, Side B has Dope Song, Dubstep, Dip, and Smokin & Drinkin which are all some of Danny's best songs.

It's an amazing album, I just think that Side B needed a little more variety in it's back half in terms of beats (I literally can't tell Break It and Handstand apart) and Way Up Here is just a bad song. Kush Coma has a cool beat and decent verses from Danny, but ASAP's verse is horrible. I understand why it's there though, so his album can have a big "Featuring ASAP Rocky" sticker but still.

I wish the album somehow did end with ODB but Float on just SOUNDS like a closer. I don't know which is better. They both have sounds of acceptance, but one is somber and unsure and worrying, the other is happy and dark (which is only a combo of feelings Danny could give) but embracing.

codhand

new blue chips 2, songs
tequilaufp4k.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UFRxHoq0c&feature=player_embedded#t=0|

ok did they sample Tracy Champman, and then Tequila?.....awesome.

I see why Pusha was so gassed on his own album. Aside from that weird Mase impersonation w/ Kelly Rowland this shit is dope. The songs I wasn't really feeling on their own (Nosestalgia & Who I Am) play a lot better together too.

Pain is still a banger a year later.
Hold On, Suicide, No Regrets and SNITCH are incredibly dope.

All it's really missing for me is Millions or a track like it.

Loving the album though.

Been looking forward to hearing this looking for a better quality though.

Who is Necro? The name looks familiar, and I'm not talking about the custom Soul Calibur II character.

I guess it's good that I don't remember him?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
2013 and rappers still releasing 128kbps bullshit.

sad times. might as well release that shit over a mimeograph.

that Bronson clip made me sad that most of the crowd aint getting hyped over the Pee Wee dance.

Does the Needle Drop have the influence P4K has? I was surprised when Danny mentioned it.

VXXT67Y.png

e: fantano definitely knows his stuff but I don't really agree with him on most things. I haven't watched a video of his since he mentioned nicolas jaar in his actress review or w/e

Esch

Banned
e: fantano definitely knows his stuff but I don't really agree with him on most things. I haven't watched a video of his since he mentioned nicolas jaar in his actress review or w/e

This, i also feel like he has to resort to analyzing everything from a turbonerd perspective too sometimes.

DominoKid

yeah Needle Drop is some small time shit compared to P4K. he has his lil audience though. i'm curious how much money he makes because it seems like he puts a good bit of effort into it.

Vic Mensa tape is aight. one Chicago industry plant was enough though. At least Chance's tape was actually worth the hype.

I've been staying away from critics in general lately... I guess I follow RA but I learn about everything almost exclusively through forums + blogs + private sites nowadays. Like this thread scours every single hip-hop release and filters out the shitty ones. It's great. and sites like rateyourmusic are a godsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom