• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Thing is Drake caught feelings in the softest way possible. Shit clearly stuck with him. He went on interviews and was whining, and he misunderstood lmao.

I think he can have some nice punch lines, but Kendrick is too much lyrically compared to Drake.

Kendrick is way less soft too, c'mon.

PBY

Banned
Thing is Drake caught feelings in the softest way possible. Shit clearly stuck with him. He went on interviews and was whining, and he misunderstood lmao.

I think he can have some nice punch lines, but Kendrick is too much lyrically compared to Drake.

Kendrick is way less soft too, c'mon.

Agree with all of the bolded. None of that matters in a beef like this- a hot beat and a punchline that sticks with you is all you need.

K Dot can be super corny and has baby money compared to Drake. Also
eLWR1fj.jpg

lol not even close to accurate but w/e

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
When HuffPo is calling Drake a baby, it's not gunna take much from K.Dot to drop half of a bomb on him and shut this "beef" down for good.

HiiiLife

So if Q don't drop his album this year then I'm assuming 2014 for sure? TDE supposed to be taking turns releasing albums right? Goddamn. Soul in 2015?

njean777

Not even a drake fan

IDK I just know you tend to like all the mainstream stuff most of the time. I like Drake though, just know that he hasn't shown anything that says he can even compete on Kendricks level. BTW I am not saying you do not like underground.

CRS

This and Jonwayne's album are both coming out on the same day. Can't fucking wait.
Go on Oprah and advocate a non-bullying policy set forth in congress.

For Canada.

a2260412335_2.jpg

Mental•Physical by Ultragash

Came upon this album and shit is dope. Not hip-hop but it's damn good.

tags: experimental beats drums electronic indie opera psych psychedelic tape thrash California

PBY

Banned
IDK I just know you tend to like all the mainstream stuff most of the time. I like Drake though, just know that he hasn't shown anything that says he can even compete on Kendricks level.

The fuck is this

#projectallsouljagirls
#squadup

Also Kendrick has never ever EVER dropped a verse that got me to HYPE LEVEL 10. He's awesome, but he sucks at balla balla garbage.

Shiiiiiiiet. I fucks with em both. I just can't see Drake topping Kendrick in this "feud". Obviously only time will tell I guess. Lol.
If Kendrick somehow falls on his face and this feud goes in Drake's favor I may just quit hip-hip forever lol

Kendrick aint touching that Drake money though...

If Drake does come back at him, I really don't know if Kenny will go back too.

I don't think Kendrick will make a diss track, since he said it in a song before that he probably won't do full diss tracks.

But shots are always fun.

Beef is so entertaining. I remember when The Game was saying Olivia had a dick. Hahahahaha.
LOL I remember that shit and actually believed that.

Beef has been pretty boring nowadays really. I almost want to put the blame on social networking but I know its not just that.

Esch

Banned
I think Drake can make a good diss track, but the shit you can say about Drake is near limitless. Dude has so many weak points to exploit.
exactly, ha. like, random bloggers and tumblr and twitter dudes roast him en masse and it gets laughs/followers, imagine what a rapper will do

this dude about to get put on that Summer Jam screen
jUHsNhc5N6a4z.png

"Only time you seen bullets fly was on Degrassi"

That worked well against Nas. Drake makes no claims like that, even "catch a body like that" is a metaphor. If you all think clowning Drake on all the shit forum posters already clowned him for is going to be enough, you all are in for a rude awakening.

Kwixotik

I do not understand why sales and money enter into GOAT discussions. Two things matter:

1) quality of music
2) artistic influence on others

Drake went at Common whose twice the rapper Kendrick with and twice as likely to body him.(they hashed it out but still) Why is Kendrick someone to fear again?

I do not understand why sales and money enter into GOAT discussions. Two things matter:

1) quality of music
2) artistic influence on others

Exactly. But unfortunately many people use this logic to put many rappers above others.

When the classic Jay z vs Nas debate happens. Whose sold more albums ALWAYS comes in to play.

"Only time you seen bullets fly was on Degrassi"

"Aaliyah died then more than 10 years passed
You start simpin more than a decade late, what part of the game is that?"

"When did child actors start fronting as mad rappers?
Completing their costumes with fake street accents and mean stares
Take a seat Drizzy before I put you back in that chair."

Common is a legend, easy top 15-20 rapper. The chances of KDOT having the type and success of a career that Common has aren't high. Dude is an incredible lyricist.

Lets see if K.Dot has the nuts to write a diss like this

And that was dissing Ice Cube, not some light in the ass dude like Drake.

That took some balls to go Cube like that.

Anyway, got this Kid Cudi & Big Sean concert tonight.. yea..

Logic is opening..whoever that is

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Kendrick isn't battle tested. Yea, he's got lyrics, but everyone knows you need more than them to win battles.

If Common's beef with Drake wasn't a publicity stunt Drake would have gotten finished. It wasn't the same Common from back in the day. Kendrick wouldn't beat him in a battle either.

Edit: Drake isn't lil b level, but what can you say that we all haven't heard from him?

Drake went at Common whose twice the rapper Kendrick with and twice as likely to body him.(they hashed it out but still) Why is Kendrick someone to fear again?

Common/Drake was never really a thing. Common was begging for it and Drake took a few subliminals. Plus Com in 2012 is much less relevant than Kendrick now.

1)Quality is subjective, sales are not

2) How is this even measured?

So you agree that Macklemore runs this hip hop ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom