• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

mooooose plz. I bought the everything from Confessions of Fire on release day. Note the "kam" in kamspy. Killa Kam has been my shit. Love the dude. Don't test my Cam catalog sonny.

New tape is chill as fuck and exceed my expectations. WE THE PEOPLE!

Cudder

Top 3 for me thus far.

Yeezus - Kanye's best attempt at making a NIN album. Love it. Regarding Esch's comment on BLK SKNHEAD, I think that song will translate MUCH better live. Speaking of live, I REALLY hope that new Yeezus live joints with Charlie are NO INDICATION of the way he will perform on the tour. I want Yeezus to go straight Trent Reznor for that shot.

Earl - Doris : If Yeezus didn't break down walls, this would be my #1. I was soooo skep going in, but he exceed ALL the hype. Shit is just so dank. No songs need to be skipped. Possibly best "vibe" of the year. Love it.

Danny Old - Side A is fire. Side B has a few bangers.

Regarding Purity Ring. I'd never actually heard them until the Danny track. Chick sounded so fucking hot on the vocals, then I did a google image search.....Yuuughck. Does that make me a pig?

Damn, I bought Doris and I don't think I've made it through one complete time yet :\

overcast

Q and Danny both kill dope fiend.

Hopefully Kendrick doesn't just use his angry voice in the next album. Didn't think of that.

CRS

Comedy Button podcast had an interview with him too earlier this year. Didn't realize that was him in GTA

Yep, loved the podcast and that episode!
Love your Ryan Scott track that they featured on there too. Shit was hilarious.

Even though Danny and Brendan were special guests, Brian and everyone else to a lesser extent went in on them. Danny's stalker story still cracks me up.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Regarding Purity Ring. I'd never actually heard them until the Danny track. Chick sounded so fucking hot on the vocals, then I did a google image search.....Yuuughck. Does that make me a pig?

yes.

she's cute when she's performing live. something about a female musician doin their thing on stage gives em +50 hot points. extra 50 if it's good music.

Just got around to listening to this and it reminds me of some old Three6 mixed in with some Bonethugs. Very dope
8/10, solid tape.

overcast

she's cute when she's performing live. something about a female musician doin their thing on stage gives em +50 hot points. extra 50 if it's good music.
Will definitely agree with this.

Why would he? He makes better music without it.
What if he thinks people are vibing with it though? I think Kendrick is another dude who has a great rapping voice and takes proper advantage of it.

mooooose

My only top albums are Run the Jewels and OLD.

Stuff like Vices, The Patriarch, Acid Rap, and Saab Stories were real good but not up there.

Macca

Damn, really wish Red 2 Go wasn't where it is in the album. I don't hate the song, but damn a run from Torture - Lonely - Clean Up - Dope Song - Dubstep - Dip - Smokin and Drinkin would have been amazing.

Clean Up to Dope song would've fit real well together too.

DominoKid

- Vic Mensa tape is not that good.
- the P4K Old review is surprisingly good even if I disagree w/ the score.
- i love how Waka waited until Gucci was locked up to drop a diss. Where you been bruh?

PBY

Banned
- i love how Waka waited until Gucci was locked up to drop a diss. Where you been bruh?
Waka doin promo for his new mixtape

Damn, really wish Red 2 Go wasn't where it is in the album. I don't hate the song, but damn a run from Torture - Lonely - Clean Up - Dope Song - Dubstep - Dip - Smokin and Drinkin would have been amazing.

Clean Up to Dope song would've fit real well together too.

Disagree heavily...it's like the drive you take to get to the party(Side B)

I thought Waka said he wasn't going to make a Gucci diss song. Also you should check out the Maxo Kream. I could see you fucking with some joints off that. I certainly like it more than the Vic Mensa

kamspy

Whats wrong with Vic Mensa?

Tfowaah.png

Dude prolly spent more time in label offices last year than Chance.

overcast

My top 3 are definitely
Old
Yeezus
Acid Rap

I've held off Old sort of, haven't given it the whip run. Waiting until next Tuesday.

kamspy

Damn, I bought Doris and I don't think I've made it through one complete time yet :\

Try listening laid back with your feet up. Some cheeba would help. Or driving around aimlessly after midnight with a couple buddies in a 91 Mazda 626 smoking black n milds and some joints of reggie.

Best track sequencing on an album this year, no contest on that point.

Both supreme industry plants. Only mensa went full retard with the Pabst in the photo shoot. He's a clone made by A&Rs trying to get that mid major pitchfork push. Test tube baby.

Yeah but the music is dope. I mean, who ISN'T an industry plant these days?

Esch

Banned
I dont care about the industry plant thing. I mean its funny and all, I just am super done with college fuck boy rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom