• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I need some help right now. I have around $8 in my Amazon account right now and I'm wanting to order a CD. I'm debating between Bizarre Ride II, The Low End Theory, or It Was Written. Out of all of those, which one should I get right now?
Low End Theory

Dereck

I started re-listening to that Between Villains track, the more I do the more that I can't help but point out FlyLo's skill in rapping and how it has increased so much, the last several bars on this track are like tounge twisters.

Caught her quarter past the moment
Got a cord of past opponents
In a fragment of a moment man I killed that rap then owned it
Hope to overtake the planet, with my banana in a hammock
Bitch manic parents panic, I’m a mechanic with these patterns
Propagandic with that chatter, matter of fact the Madder Hatter
Never mind the hammer, manners out the window
Pump crescendo, puff the endo, I’m Lou Ferrigno
Just pretendo, don’t ask him where the pen go
Cause the pencil got me paper paid and paydirt made them paint her
With the mask and faded sweatshirt, nothing lesser
Bet you’ll never ever guess what I left under the dresser
Hid a message in the 808 to pester all the Heshers

http://youtu.be/NcS_AHCAWG0

T Dollarz

Need some advice on how I wanna approach the upcoming concert season. There are a bunch of smaller shows coming up that I could hit up:

Curren$y
J. Cole
The Weeknd
Quelle Chris
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$
Kevin Gates
A$ap Ferg
Chance the Rapper

or forego all those smaller shows in favor of buying me a ticket to dat Yeezus/K.dot show... I'm torn man

Already been to one, Danny&Bronson was fucking LIVE!

Cheddahz

Banned
Need some advice on how I wanna approach the upcoming concert season. There are a bunch of smaller shows coming up that I could hit up:

Curren$y
J. Cole
The Weeknd
Quelle Chris
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$
Kevin Gates
A$ap Ferg
Chance the Rapper

or forego all those smaller shows in favor of buying me a ticket to dat Yeezus/K.dot show... I'm torn man

I would go to the Yeezus show, I heard Kanye puts on a show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tha Dogg Pound ft. Snoop Dogg - Nice & Slow.

Suffering from Success tracklist:

djkhaledtracklist.jpg

Timbo track, Hells Kitchen and Never Surrender look like they're worth looking forward to. Hope Bas is actually Nas lol

PBY

Banned

Curren$y NOPE
J. Cole NOPE
The Weeknd MAYBE- depends if you go w/ a chick, etc
Quelle Chris NOPE
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$ 1000000% NOPE
Kevin Gates NOPE
A$ap Ferg MAYBE- depends if you get a good crew together, prob will only be like a 45 minute super generic show tho
Chance the Rapper NOPE

See above

kamspy

Curren$y
J. Cole
The Weeknd
Quelle Chris
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$
Kevin Gates
A$ap Ferg
Chance the Rapper

Do not miss Spitta. Out of the rest, Cole if you want to mack on some 7s and 8s. Weeknd if you like people on drugs. Ferg would probably be fun.

You probably don't want to go to a Chance the Rapper concert unless you own a fedora. I've never heard Quelle, Gates, Ab Soul or Joey Badass so I don't know. Someone feel free to hip me on some Kevin Gates or Quelle tho.

Listening to that new Oddissee, its sooo nice. I would have liked to hear him rap again, but I'm digging this a lot. Its been a while since I've vibed out to a nice instrumental record.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been working on college work all day and it is such a drag
I've been doing a group assignment on Google Docs.

1-2 page weekly assignment that is only marked as a pass/fail that always ends up taking 4 hours of getting everyone's approval on everything.

Cheddahz

Banned
This is the most most generic internet comment I've read all day.
I also listen to a bunch of Nas today as well, but that is literally what I have been doing all day
I've been doing a group assignment on Google Docs.

1-2 page weekly assignment that is only marked as a pass/fail that always ends up taking 4 hours of getting everyone's approval on everything.

Bummer. I would had gotten my work done earlier, but my computer science professor decided to put up our work at the last minute (it was suppose to be up Thursday), so I'm trying to work on that and a study guide for my upcoming exam in Marine Science

T Dollarz

It should be noted that of all those shows the only one there is a chance that I could go with somebody I know is J. Cole. Everyone else I would be going alone. Fuck my broke friends and their lame taste in music.

Spitta show would be on Thursday. Would cost me like $40 and an hour drive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It should be noted that of all those shows the only one there is a chance that I could go with somebody I know is J. Cole. Everyone else I would be going alone. Fuck my broke friends and their lame taste in music.

Spitta show would be on Thursday. Would cost me like $40 and an hour drive.
Spitta on wax isn't even worth an hour of time and a quarter of that price, so easy decision there.

Seen jay tonight, live band, timbo doing mixing and dj. Shit was so good man jay never disappoints live.

Timbo making beats on stage and remixing his classics live was awesome.

Just got back from the Earl Sweatshirt concert. The first in his tour (with Domo and Vince Staples), although Domo wasn't there for some reason. So good. Spliced the show with jokes and stuff and their whole dynamic made it really fun.

One thing I noticed...white people at rap concerts get SUPER rowdy. I'm talking making dance circles in the crowd, jumping up on stage to moshpit...

I'm usually worried about catching an elbow from someone dancing really hard but I saw this one girl who I thought was going to hurt herself with her dancing. I shouldn't be suprised. I went to a Wiz and Mac concert and saw middle school white kids smoking weed. No, that wasn't the weird part. It was when their parents joined them that it got weird

Damn that sounds awesome. Is this during a MCHG tour stop?

Yeah he's touring Europe with timbo right now. Didn't know what to expect when I heard timbo was touring with Jay, assumed he would support as dj before jay. But he was on stage the whole time mixing and djing, in the middle jay took a break and timbo did his thing.

Made a couple beats on the spot, mix of his beatboxing and adding drums and shit live. Then he live remixed some of his classics, missy and timberlake stuff. Really really dope.

Jays live band were incredible, always makes such a difference for shows.

Only disappointment was jay ended on forever young, not a fan of that song really.

Overall a great show though, and goddamn the women were smoking hot at the show.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Curren$y
J. Cole
The Weeknd
Quelle Chris
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$
Kevin Gates
A$ap Ferg
Chance the Rapper

Depends on how you feel about Yeezus, cause that is going to be the majority of the show/songs Kanye goes through which not for nothing I wouldn't pay for. However, Kendrick is a great show man... I cant lie he almost makes up for the wackness of Yeezus. Of all those smaller acts I got to say see if you can squeeze the money out to see spitta as well. Dude does a great live show.

So that my advice See Kanye & Kendrick (even though I'm not a fan of yeezus (its still kanye and his older stuff is full of classics) and work overtime or whatever and see Curren$y. That would to me be a successful concert season.

On another note I found my old Ipod touch I thought I lost over a year ago..... there so much hip hop on it I thought I had lost (my tower with my music died like 2 months prior) shit just made my month.

lastly have any of ya'll heard that new CJ Fly?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just got back from the Earl Sweatshirt concert. The first in his tour (with Domo and Vince Staples), although Domo wasn't there for some reason. So good. Spliced the show with jokes and stuff and their whole dynamic made it really fun.

One thing I noticed...white people at rap concerts get SUPER rowdy. I'm talking making dance circles in the crowd, jumping up on stage to moshpit...

I'm usually worried about catching an elbow from someone dancing really hard but I saw this one girl who I thought was going to hurt herself with her dancing. I shouldn't be suprised. I went to a Wiz and Mac concert and saw middle school white kids smoking weed. No, that wasn't the weird part. It was when their parents joined them that it got weird

nah I only time I seen that was an odd future concert, Its weird too cause I been to punk rock concerts and the mosh'ers have better sense and reason to where moshes form within it. I went to an odd future concert and they popped up randomly like space anomalies shit was reckless and I did see some cute girls get slammed.

I've never went to an OF show (Saw Earl at a Kendrick show tho) was because of rowdy white kids trynna stomp a ninja out

not bout that life

speaking of concerts, has anyone seen Pharcyde perform recently? They're here in a few weeks and was gonna check them out. I have this nagging feeling that half the group would be missing, and they'd be all old and out of breath though, lol.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've never went to an OF show (Saw Earl at a Kendrick show tho) was because of rowdy white kids trynna stomp a ninja out

not bout that life
Ain't nuthin to worry about. 95% of the crowd is only 90 pounds when wet. It's like being in a room full of mannequins during an earthquake.

mooooose

yeah i like when white people get live at rap shows shit is boring otherwise but its always herbs who end up there hipster ass goofy bruhs

Esch

Banned
White dudes at any concert wild out, man.

Edit: not hipsters tho. Reminds me of that pitchfork fest thing des posted lmao

Curren$y
J. Cole
The Weeknd
Quelle Chris
Ab-Soul & Joey Bada$$
Kevin Gates
A$ap Ferg
Chance the Rapper

Go to all dem Cheap Shows Yeezus is good, but still more concerts in smaller venues is more enjoyable to me.

IrishNinja

Cole was puttin on a free show at my university tonight...almost went but thought they were askin too much

speaking of concerts, has anyone seen Pharcyde perform recently? They're here in a few weeks and was gonna check them out. I have this nagging feeling that half the group would be missing, and they'd be all old and out of breath though, lol.

there were great at native tongue rock the bells a while back, didnt feel absent/sluggish but then i was kinda high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom