• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

If you go to the store page does it say "Purchased"?

Has anybody listened to Pusha's album? Any good? I liked what I heard off the myspace stream, but didn't hear the last 5 or so songs....

nevermind got it, just had to click check for available downloads like 20 times.

It's not just a digital album, my Old CD comes tomorrow.

i know, i meant digital albums in general.

HiResDes

We should get Bones to do a feature on the GAF-Hop tape:

HHDx1iX.png

Has anybody listened to Pusha's album? Any good? I liked what I heard off the myspace stream, but didn't hear the last 5 or so songs....

It's a little boring IMO. Pusha without some unique Netptunes beat behind him just doesn't do it for me. The Pharrell tracks + Pain + the Mase impersonation were the best parts of the album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pusha album is really fucking boring. Better than Malice's musical abortion though. I never was a a clipse fan though outside of grindin, and even that felt like a one off gimmick song to me.

Old is the perfect going out album. Starts out chill for when you start pregaming, getting ready. Then ramps it up to get you hyped as a fuck and ready to get yourself in trouble by the end of the night.

IrishNinja

Wu/ODB heads

Who likes free shit? Everyone loves free shit! Get the New Wu Generation Album for FREE when you pre-order Dirty: Platinum Edition only at www.NuHoFilmFest.com. Celebrate Dirty's memory.

ODB docu + "new generation Wu" unreleased stuff...i kinda archive these b-side shits & go in with proper expectations so this should be fun and hopefully not a weed carrier-laden mess that it very likely will be

Love the production and they're good rappity rappers who still remember how to make old school NYC hooks. Good stuff. HARK! was great too. Top 10 in 2013
The production on LS and Hark is quietly some of the best of the past 3 years. The atmosphere is the perfect blend of nerdy mf doom and dark, guttural mobb deep.

Another tape I really enjoyed from 2011 was Has-Lo's In Case I Don't Make It.

siddx

I've been trying to track down the hip hop scene here in nam recently. I know it exists because this female rapper named Suboi has been getting some international press recently and I see pictures from various local hip hop shows that have gone on. But for the life of me I can't find some place that lists where these events take place. What clubs or bars or venues they go on at. It's starting to annoy the shit out of me. The scene here is still young, only about 7 years old and just now becoming noticed, it would be nice to get some exposure to it at such a young stage.

siddx

while siddx is about: did aesop rock ever do a track as nice as tugboat complex 1? for some reason i thought you'd know

Personally None Shall Pass is still my favorite Aesop song. Shit sounds like some mythical finding ancient ruins in the mountain woods while hunting bears type shit.

Before that No Regrets was my favorite, its doesn't have any of the metaphorical "what is he saying?" type stuff that so many people hate about him. It's a straight up story with a beginning middle and end.

Holy smokes has one of my favorite beats ever.

And Battery's beat is similar to None Shall Pass in that it just puts you in another world.

Dereck

Personally None Shall Pass is still my favorite Aesop song. Shit sounds like some mythical finding ancient ruins in the mountain woods while hunting bears type shit.

Before that No Regrets was my favorite, its doesn't have any of the metaphorical "what is he saying?" type stuff that so many people hate about him. It's a straight up story with a beginning middle and end.

Holy smokes has one of my favorite beats ever.

And Battery's beat is similar to None Shall Pass in that it just puts you in another world.
Non-hate Aesop Rock discussion? This can't be

So siddx, opinion on Float and Labor Days in terms of, "I can kind of get what's he saying to what the fuck is he saying"?

Dereck

Aesop Rock list of albums from able to comprehend rate, with 1 being the easiest to comprehend

1. None Shall Pass
2. Skelethon
3. Float
4. Labor Days
5. Music For Earthworms
77. Bazooka Tooth

siddx

Aesop Rock list of albums from able to comprehend rate, with 1 being the easiest to comprehend

1. None Shall Pass
2. Skelethon
3. Float
4. Labor Days
5. Music For Earthworms
77. Bazooka Tooth

lol yup pretty much. I found labor days easy to get into because his nonsensical ramblings (although I do naively believe there is meaning behind it all) fits the vibe and production really really well. So you don't care as much that you can't get what the fuck is being said because the entire album just builds this feeling of being an a crazy ass trip.

Also, I love aesop as a producer, but his style is less accessible in my opinion that the old Blockhead helmed stuff, which had that crazy vibe I was referring to before. The beats were super dense and layered and were interesting to just sit back and listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom