• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love TDE and especially q but nothing from that camp is top 5 of the last five years. Top 10 tho...I could prolly throw in hnc and either control system or section 80 or gkmc

Maybe. Asap rockys album sucks, his features suck too now. All downhill from that mixtape

I love TDE and especially q but nothing from that camp is top 5 of the last five years. Top 10 tho...I could prolly throw in hnc and either control system or section 80 or gkmc

Maybe. Asap rockys album sucks, his features suck too now. All downhill from that mixtape

lAPpd.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo HRD, what was that [electronic] trap plug room you posted here a long time back?

Forgot to bookmark it, but it was fresh

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh shit guys, Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx just dropped in price for a little on Amazon, debating if I should get one of those

Gibbs can do just fine on conceptual/introspective shit.
W/ Cunninlynguists

And
what.png
at Gibbs not gelling well with Krit production. ESGN was filled with dark, banging beats that focused on bells for melodies. How is that any different from My Sub? Or Get Right?

Although there is some dissonance in Krit teaming up with Gangsta Gibbs after making a track like Banana Clip Theory.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So what do you think of some of the choruses on Stay Trippy? Not denying Krits choruses need to get better. Just, for example So Much Money is similar to what you described.

Maybe it works better for J cause he's creating catchy hooks over party music?

A lot of JJ's hooks are shoddy too

But KRIT seems to do it a lot

JJ's standard hook template is something like all I blow is loud

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The gaf hop turn around on Krit is remarkable. A few years ago he was everyone's favorite rapper, not a damn thing bad to be said about him from anyone.

Never understood the hook criticism, are they simplistic? Yeah, but so are 95% of rap hooks.
The truly great hooks in rap are vastly outnumbered by the sea of stupid garbage that involves someone screaming in broken english about money/women/drugs over and over and over.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TrapCity!
Thanks fam!

The gaf hop turn around on Krit is remarkable. A few years ago he was everyone's favorite rapper, not a damn thing bad to be said about him from anyone.

Never understood the hook criticism, are they simplistic? Yeah, but so are 95% of rap hooks.
The truly great hooks in rap are vastly outnumbered by the sea of stupid garbage that involves someone screaming in broken english about money/women/drugs over and over and over.
Rare footage of me agreeing with siddx, but yeah generally I think K.R.I.T. is good with hooks.

#slammindoors

Pretty much,

Just waiting for it to happen with K.Dot

DominoKid

unless Kendrick's next album is godawful (or super commercial) i feel like he's got a free pass on the next album as far as the inevitable backlash.

People get bored when you don't grow and your album sucks.

see: J. Cole

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Oh shit guys, Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx just dropped in price for a little on Amazon, debating if I should get one of those

That's tough.... I got to go OB4CL but by a smidge...... Liquid swords is so amazing though but OB4CL is just a little bit more amazing due to overall life of crime themes and what not.

Liquid Swords is a lot more introspective and intellectual, a lot like the chess themes found throughout it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

It's not only context but delivery as well...

Some people can turn shit to gold tho...

Esch

Banned

We all get disappointed in our sons when they come home with B's, but a couple C's and D's too.

Always missing the list discussions......Whatever doe here's mine 2009-2013 (more like 2011-2013 because lol 2009)

Oneirology
Death Is Silent
Habits & Contradictions
XXX
DESTINY. altered
Good Kid, MAAD City
The Night's Gambit
Baby Face Killa
Dr. Lecter
Lone Sharks

Honorable mentions Wish I had more than 10: Ninjas With Lattitude (Deacon The Villain & Shiesty Khrist), Cigarette Boats and Covert Coup (Currensy), ESGN (Gibbs), The Patriarch (Deniro Farrar), R.A.P. Music (Mike and El P), Section 80 (Duckworth), Kill Or Be Killed (Farrar & Shady Blaze), :03 From Gold and The Darkest Hour (The Illz), Blue Chips (Bronson), W.A.R. (Pharoahe Monch)

There's more from 2013 that'll potentially end up on this list.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Not definite order:

MBDTF
Man On the Moon
GKMC
Teflon Don
Kush and Orange Juice
Pilot Talk
Covert Coup ( I was really into currency for most of 2010-2011)
XXX
Habits contradictions
Long Live ASAP

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
See I don't think Krit has ever dropped anything less than a B. To me he's a solid B+ A- rapper most of the time. Maybe I'm just more forgiving/easy to please. I don't ever expect him to drop a 5 star A+ classic album. But I do expect 4 star stuff from him every time and he has yet to disappoint me.

The K.dot backlash will be different, as there were a handful of us who either weren't completely sold on him before GKMC or were outright critical of him. I considered him a C tier rapper who had just as much likelihood of rotting away in Dre's basement filled with the husks of rappers he drained of life. He had a spot reserved between King T (fuck you dre for that one) and Knoc'Turnal. The fact he managed to do the opposite and to improve and grow his sound and talent is fantastic. But in the end when people start the backlash, there will be people who say "I couldn't stand that drunk squirrel sounding muthafucka to begin with", and they will be telling the truth.

men I still like the dude a lot, but the criticisms are pretty accurate.

1. XXX
2. Exmilitary
3. Exmilitary
4. Exmilitary
5. The Money Store
6. The Money Store
7. The Money Store
8. The Money Store
9. Old
10. NLDW

Cudder

man how the fuck do I get OLD on iTunes if I pre ordered it? It says Purchased, and it doesnt download when i check for downloads in my account. this shit should be automatic. I see no option to download the album other than the 2 pre order songs.

njean777

Check out Shrines by Purity Ring. I have a feeling that album might make you animorph.

Yeah I need to get on that, got Rdio so shouldn't be a problem. But Danny just rides the beat so well, and his flow is perfect on it.

man how the fuck do I get OLD on iTunes if I pre ordered it? It says Purchased, and it doesnt download when i check for downloads in my account. this shit should be automatic. I see no option to download the album other than the 2 pre order songs.

Mine downloaded fine, just got done with it both on my phone and laptop. It should be in your purchases, but make sure your debit/credit card is not expired?

Cudder

Yeah I need to get on that, got Rdio so shouldn't be a problem. But Danny just rides the beat so well, and his flow is perfect on it.

Mine downloaded fine, just got done with it both on my phone and laptop. It should be in your purchases, but make sure your debit/credit card is not expired?

Its not expired. never pre ordering a digital album again.

njean777

Its not expired. never pre ordering a digital album again.

If you go to the store page does it say "Purchased"?

Has anybody listened to Pusha's album? Any good? I liked what I heard off the myspace stream, but didn't hear the last 5 or so songs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom