• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I must've glossed over the bad lists.
kEtUK0A.png

DominoKid

Cop a piece, cop a, cop a, Cop a piece, Cop a piece
Cop a piece, cop a, cop a, Cop a piece, Cop a piece
Cop a piece, cop a, cop a piece, Cop a piece
Who dat getting nuggets? Ay, who dat getting wings, shawty?

Ok, I wake up fresh, get up fly, drape myself, pimp my ride
Grab some coupons, cop some buckets, making shawty get down on the floor
I’ma have to show my wallet, punch a ballot, pump my brakes, [then I’m mad?]
Pop my trunk, then I flash, a n***a wanna cop wings so hard
We don’t wanna play no games
Fuck with the colonel, trick on church's, that won’t change
Caught my lane, swang and swerve, I gotta watch out for the curb
We don’t really play that, play that, yea! Yeen bout that, bout that, no!
Then don’t come round, come round, here! Cause we’ll let them, let them, go!

Ok, I jump out fresh, shine all day, rep my hood, rep my state
Spot a little bad spot around my way, and holler out let's get fried
Always been about my grits, bout my beans
Don’t like tenders and I don’t like fries
Don’t like places that tease all day like they won’t give a real n***a legs
Peep this game just to get these breasts
Throw it in the air when you hit this floor
Yea that’s me sitting on chrome biscuits
Maybe when you couldn’t see when I crept up slow
Watch yo head when I open my door, grab yo bucket then let’s go
Dark in the club with a pimp on glow, everybody saw me take yo ho like…

Ay, balling, crawling, slamming doors! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
Be a pimp tight player like I’m not! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
Cuz my trunk on slam and my sauce on hot! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
I’m like show me where them dollars at (cop a piece, cop a piece)
show me where them buckets at(cop a piece, cop a piece)
You ain’t spending then don’t grab one (cop a piece, cop a piece)

one day when KRIT is washed up he'll have a lucrative career doing commercials for Mississippi chicken shacks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This jokes been done before. But I'm cool with him keeping his simplistic choruses if he keeps his verses on point like he usually does.

There is simple and there is repeating a few words and calling it a chorus...

kamspy

XXX was the most introspective album of the last 5 years.

Watch the Throne was the most fun, grandiose, celebratory and polished of the last 5 years.

Pilot Talk was the best album of the last 5 years.

MBDTF was the most painstakingly crafted

Yeezus was the most important.

Esch

Banned
Yeezus isn't really important, other than it being the first anti pop album recorded by a popular rapper in a while.

kamspy

WTT is okay, don't get the hype...

No Church, a GOAT album opening cut to anyone.

Lift Off, which to me is like an interlude.

NIP, well, NIPx7

Otis, banger

Gotta Have It, banger

New Day, dope as hell

That's My Bitch, .

Welcome to the Jungle, maybe the only slight mistep

Murder to Excellence, yup

Made in America, yall hate it, I think it's fun as hell

Why I Love You, Jay dropping truth bombs like it's WWIII. Putting the Black Album 23 on one last time.

Ill Mofo, ill

HAM, ham

Primetime and Joy, throwback bangers.

15.5/16 on the Esch scale

Yeezus isn't really important, other than it being the first anti pop album recorded by a popular rapper in a while.

No one's had time to copy it yet.

overcast

So what do you think of some of the choruses on Stay Trippy? Not denying Krits choruses need to get better. Just, for example So Much Money is similar to what you described.

Maybe it works better for J cause he's creating catchy hooks over party music?

Cudder

So...simple?

So what do you think of some of the choruses on Stay Trippy? Not denying Krits choruses need to get better. Just, for example So Much Money is similar to what you described.

Maybe it works better for J cause he's creating catchy hooks over party music?

For all intents and purposes, Stay Trippy is dumb music that just bumps. People like J probably get a pass because that's what they do. People know KRIT is capable of a lot more introspective shit, so maybe that's why people (at least here) come down on him for the choruses. But still, at least KRIT hits you with "dumb" choruses and then hits you with some deep shit in his verses from time to time.

Esch

Banned
For all intents and purposes, Stay Trippy is dumb music that just bumps. People like J probably get a pass because that's what they do. People know KRIT is capable of a lot more introspective shit, so maybe that's why people (at least here) come down on him for the choruses. But still, at least KRIT hits you with "dumb" choruses and then hits you with some deep shit in his verses from time to time.

KRIT's 'bumping' music doesn't really bump. You do realize that making that type of 'bumpin' music requires a certain inexplicable combination of persona, swaggeur, writing, delivery, and production to pull off right, right? There are a MILLION Juicy J clones out there nowadays and they can't touch him. I don't like how you're downselling what he does.

KRIT's dumb shit sounds super forced, and his introspective shit often falls short of his target. He tells stories, but never really goes in depth. He paints imagery, but reuses it CONSTANTLY. The best you get from him IMO is some bon mots. He's a jack of all trades king of none.

kamspy

If you say so man. All that fedora rap you hate is the dudes most likely to copycat that execution...

I look for Flocka's next and Danny's 3rd to be in that vein. Lord knows J.Cole won't be able to resist.

Childish and Chance are not going to rap about passionately eating ass and being a god. They're more apt to go the Macklemore Ceiling Can't Hold Us or pure EDM route. I don't see them going crazy distorted.

Esch

Banned
I look for Flocka's next and Danny's 3rd to be in that vein. Lord knows J.Cole won't be able to resist.

Childish and Chance are not going to rap about passionately eating ass and being a god. They're more apt to go the Macklemore Ceiling Can't Hold Us or pure EDM route. I don't see them going crazy distorted.
Flocka's transition to experimental shit is going to be nice and slow and careful so he doesn't lose his core fanbase. Dannys shit is already like that. J. Cole will continue to make turkey sandwich with mayo rap.

As for the bolded, you better believe Chance will try and make some weird been trill type shit. it's an easy transition for him and his fanbase would eat that chit up.

kamspy

I think Gibbs won't blow because no one wants mess with a currently ratchet artist from a business side of things. Retired ratchet dudes like Juicy can go. Gunplay has done nothing but embarrass MMG, even though he's killed a few tracks. Nobody wants to be associated with Game and he'll be indie once his contract is done. People don't want that drama when they're trying to make money. I would say Jet Life, but Spitta don't want Gibb's 9 gun toting weed carriers who probably collect blunt roaches when everyone passes out hanging in his airborne aquarium.

kamspy

Also, I'm too old and couldn't be bothered to make it through half of Acid Rap, so I don't really know who his fanbase is. But I assume it's people who listen to Cudi, Childish, Big Sean and Lupe.

HiResDes

Plug.Dj Tonight?
Also, I'm too old and couldn't be bothered to make it through half of Acid Rap, so I don't really know who his fanbase is. But I assume it's people who listen to Cudi, Childish, Big Sean and Lupe.

Not gonna lie, that's pretty spot on and I like him for the most part.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah, not trying to hear rocky struggle introspective bars after that Yelawolf song
Who said it had to be introspective shit?

Might not be the best stuff, but better than Gibbs. See no chemistry there at all, Gibbs shines on stuff that is the complete opposite of K.R.I.T. production.

overcast

I just reflected on myself, and I can confirm this is true.

Although I wouldn't call myself a Cudi, Sean, or Lupe (not anymore) fan.

I was listening to XXX again after all the talk here, I remember I was all about that shit in '11. Brown's like those oddball Vordul Mega verses and that shrill off-kilter ODB flow. He's weird, cuz I have no idea where he's gonna go flow/lyrics wise, but as soon as he opened up with "Colder than them grits they fed slaves", he grabbed my attention. He got party joints, reflective shit, some cold-hearted verses...he got a range that I really like. Some weird-ass metaphors that force me to pay more attention than that I do with the artists I'm more familar with.

That's why I'm always like "nigga what?" at dudes thinking rap is stagnate. Rap is always evolving, constantly innovating. Every year I get put on to something new, or old artists come back hungry as hell with dat good shit. I can't see a time where rap stagnates.

Who said it had to be introspective shit?

Might not be the best stuff, but better than Gibbs. See no chemistry there at all, Gibbs shines on stuff that is the complete opposite of K.R.I.T. production.
Krit don't seem like the person to do a project without introspective tracks.

Cudder

KRIT's 'bumping' music doesn't really bump. You do realize that making that type of 'bumpin' music requires a certain inexplicable combination of persona, swaggeur, writing, delivery, and production to pull off right, right? There are a MILLION Juicy J clones out there nowadays and they can't touch him. I don't like how you're downselling what he does.

KRIT's dumb shit sounds super forced, and his introspective shit often falls short of his target. He tells stories, but never really goes in depth. He paints imagery, but reuses it CONSTANTLY. The best you get from him IMO is some bon mots. He's a jack of all trades king of none.

Way I see it, at least he's got all of those positives on his side. More than can be said of most people. The only negative that you pointed out that I agree with is his reuse of lyrics and things.

We'll see where he takes his new album since he's pretty much only rapping on it this time.

Cudder

I was listening to XXX again after all the talk here, I remember I was all about that shit in '11. Brown's like those oddball Vordul Mega verses and that shrill off-kilter ODB flow. He's weird, cuz I have no idea where he's gonna go flow/lyrics wise, but as soon as he opened up with "Colder than them grits they fed slaves", he grabbed my attention. He got party joints, reflective shit, some cold-hearted verses...he got a range that I really like. Some weird-ass metaphors that force me to pay more attention than that I do with the artists I'm more familar with.

That's why I'm always like "nigga what?" at dudes thinking rap is stagnate. Rap is always evolving, constantly innovating. Every year I get put on to something new, or old artists come back hungry as hell with dat good shit. I can't see a time where rap stagnates.

I'm still on the upswing of XXX, discovering more and more tracks that I like. That shit took me more time to get into than any other rap album I can think of. I definitely think OLD is better, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rocky is not struggling. he is eating good and winning like 50 times harder than most dudes in his gen.

Also HELL ya im down for some plug
Lol I wasn't trying to sneak diss Rocky for being a Southern wannabe artist, though I understand it came off that way.

I would like to see some of Rockys flows over that, but also maybe some artists from the South. I'm thinking someone like Tip, maybe it'd breathe some life into his career.

Esch

Banned
Lol I wasn't trying to sneak diss Rocky for being a Southern wannabe artist, though I understand it came off that way.

I would like to see some of Rockys flows over that, but also maybe some artists from the South. I'm thinking someone like Tip, maybe it'd breathe some life into his career.

Nah, i thought you were saying Rocky was taking L's or something right now. To me it looks like he's caking with minimal effort, which is kinda lame. I can't feel his fire or competitive spirit. He has the energy of a rock.

I'll try to join in the plug after I finish this cass mccombs stream

Also: there's a lil ugly mane album coming this year right? I've listened to on doing an evil deed blues a million times now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom