• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Probably won get old till like friday

jUHsNhc5N6a4z.png
What happened to that iTunes pre order breh. Or are you using that six figure money to cop digital and physical?

Tokubetsu

I've heard specifically that people edited GKMC and Rocky's albums so I had those in mind and was wondering in what ways... and any other albums that maybe should've used bonus songs or songs that couldn't get samples cleared. Maybe Saaab Stories? Any from Kanye?

GKMC Edit:
1. Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
2. Backseat Freestyle
3. Money Trees ft. Jay Rock
4. Maad City feat. MC Eiht
5. Swimming Pools

All other tracks to recycle bin.

Kimosabae

Banned
Pick a coast to rep - East/Midwest. Can't pick just one because I was raised on East Coast, but currently, the MW is pretty much the only American region left with artists sill repping the boom bap sound thoroughly.
Favorite Artist - Aesop Rock
Best feature killer - Kendrick Lamar
Favourite producer - Aseop Rock
Favourite album - Float
What's in your playlist right now? - Aesop Rock, Black Sabbath, Kendrick Lamar, Typical Cats, Qwel, Killer Mike & EL-P, Camp Lo, Binary Star, Doom Tree many others
GAF-Hop Discusses: ?
Rank Kanye's albums: College Dropout > MBDTF > Don't really care for everything else.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Raekwon/Ghostface. RaeFace.
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? RaeFace
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Pretty much. Stillmatic is dope too, though
Who won? Nas or Nas? Lol
Biggie or Pac? Pac. His socio-liberal poetics were more my style. I love idealists.
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Both.
How do you feel about Macklemore? Meh. Absurdly talented though.
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Def LS2.

Tokubetsu

Pick a coast to rep - East/Midwest. Can't pick just one because I was raised on East Coast, but currently, the MW is pretty much the only American region left with artists sill repping the boom bap sound thoroughly.
Favorite Artist - Aesop Rock
Best feature killer - Kendrick Lamar
Favourite producer - Aseop Rock
Favourite album - Float
What's in your playlist right now? - Aesop Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Typical Cats, Qwel, Killer Mike & EL-P, Camp Lo, Binary Star, Doom Tree many others
GAF-Hop Discusses: ?
Rank Kanye's albums: College Dropout > Don't really care for everything else.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Raekwon/Ghostface
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Raekwon/Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Pretty much. Stillmatic is dope too, though
Who won? Nas or Nas? Lol
Biggie or Pac? Pac. His socio-liberal poetics were more my style.
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Both.
How do you feel about Macklemore? Meh. Absurdly talented though.
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? Def LS2.

I've seen you post here before

Kimosabae

Banned
Toku: I requested a perma-ban about a year and half ago.

A friend of mine hailed me to record a track with him earlier this year. Just wanna know what ya'll think. I'm admittedly amateur so be ready. To be fair to myself, the measure is mad slow in relation to I prefer to rap and I only had about an hour to write the lyrics.

24 feat. Kimosabae "Skool Boi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=occGRlF2YXM

I'm second verse. Lyrics are in the description.

Cudder

lol. and people are still hoping MMLP2 is good?

I'm pretty sure even if MMLP2 was objectively "good" I still wouldn't like it. just hearing eminems voice makes my eyes roll, and brings me back to the time when I was a young teenager and liked rebellious things for the sake of being rebellious. i dont think eminem knows how to outgrow the era he came up in.
i dont think he can.

codhand

this pusha interview on rosenberg interview dear god

paraphrased transcript
rosenberg: pusha how great are you?
pusha: im like the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of mankind
rosenberg: would you say this is the best album from the last two years?
pusha: what came out last year?
rosenberg: uh, GKMC
pusha: oh yeah, most definitely the best album

codhand i dont like your new avatar it rustles my jimmies and creeps me out

change pls

haha, ok i wont ask why....but im not changing it before posting proper context

i actually thought my previous avatar was giving myself the creeps, figured a gandhi robot would be an improvement from creepy van gogh staring guy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this pusha interview on rosenberg interview dear god

paraphrased transcript
rosenberg: pusha how great are you?
pusha: im like the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of mankind
rosenberg: would you say this is the best album from the last two years?
pusha: what came out last year?
rosenberg: uh, GKMC
pusha: oh yeah, most definitely the best album
If he or any other rapper would have given any other answer I would've been worried.

The more amusing past of that bit in the interview is Rosenberg can only remember GKMC when it comes to notable albums last year.

The discussion about old/new rappers was the best bit of the Juan Epstein and pretty dead on.

codhand

If he or any other rapper would have given any other answer I would've been worried.

i get what youre saying, on some 'every athlete needs to have the mindset that they are the best in order to achieve success', but it sounds so ridiculous coming from the lips of pusha, it has to be mentioned

no best album of any year, features a fake ma$e

Esch

Banned
I dunno man. It just felt like some eldritch DMT nightmare. Staring into my soul and shit, like the real gandhi.

Much better.

mooooose

About to listen to MNIMN. I already know I like King Push but lets see about the rest of it.

edit - Doesn't bode well that the only two songs that are just Pusha are the first two and they are the only songs under 3 minutes... uh oh. Could be an album of scust.

double edit - If I just heard King Push and Numbers on the Boards, I would assume this is going to be amazing. But then Chris Brown starts singing. I legit lasted 30 seconds until I skipped that.

WOW. this album is garbage.

edit - yo this let me love you beat doe

i can't even this album is garbage. i skipped around. nothing about this is good beyond the first two songs. i miss hhnf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
About to listen to MNIMN. I already know I like King Push but lets see about the rest of it.

edit - Doesn't bode well that the only two songs that are just Pusha are the first two and they are the only songs under 3 minutes... uh oh. Could be an album of scust.

double edit - If I just heard King Push and Numbers on the Boards, I would assume this is going to be amazing. But then Chris Brown starts singing. I legit lasted 30 seconds until I skipped that.

WOW. this album is garbage.

edit - yo this let me love you beat doe this must be pharrell
You got to the 3rd song and the album is garbage? Right before Hold On too?

SMH @ rating albums by skipping through

mooooose

You got to the 3rd song and the album is garbage? Right before Hold On too?

SMH @ rating albums by skipping through
word i tried actually listening to it but uh i don't like it so including this hold on beat with this stupid kanye auto tune vocals in the background.

i know what to expect from pusha lyrically. i can skip through the album to hear the album somewhat sonically. this album doesnt seem like much of an experience and more disjointed singles. its shit.

CRS

Listen to the entire album and then speak on it as a whole. Fuck outta here skipping around to get a feel for the album sonically.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
word i tried actually listening to it but uh i don't like it so including this hold on beat with this stupid kanye auto tune vocals in the background.

i know what to expect from pusha lyrically. i can skip through the album to hear the album somewhat sonically. this album doesnt seem like much of an experience and more disjointed singles. its shit.
I would argue it's sonically the most impressive and cohesive thing Pusha has put out by far. The choice of drums spread across the album especially shows the care that's been put into not mishmashing or just throwing whatever songs he had cooked up on the same project like the Fear of Gods.

I don't even know why I'm typing this when you listened to probably 15 seconds max of each song and used that to rate the whole thing and what it's doing sonically specifically. You're not even listening to it if you don't care for any of the lyrics. Why listen in the first place?

DominoKid

the Chris Brown rule was invented for Ne-Yo. i can at least tolerate Chris Brown's voice.

in other news, the new Dom Kennedy leaked. i been waiting on this for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom