• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

the shit people will spend money on...

2fnBxlX.png

^

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Man I'm gonna have to go home and throw on Labor Days, forgot what a great fucking album it is.

Life's not a bitch, life's a beautiful woman, you just call her bitch because she wont let you get the pussy.

Man I'm gonna have to go home and throw on Labor Days, forgot what a great fucking album it is.

Life's not a bitch, life's a beautiful woman, you just call her bitch because she wont let you get the pussy.

I think Labor Days might contain some of the best written songs ever. Battery is probably my all-time top Aesop Rock track.

Edit- How to be a Carpenter and Gehenna Cycles are very close behind. Gehenna Cycles sounds exactly like how Aesop Rock described it: riding through a city late at night. And How to be a Carpenter sounds like a scene from a David Lynch film turned into a hip-hop song.

HiiiLife

The Game finally decided to release his mixtape? Felt like he made the announcement years ago.

And ninjas really spending 100 bones to hear Drama scream over those beats? Nipsey got it like that? Never understood the fascination behind him and YG.

I'd agree that Blockhead production > Aes production. I'm pretty sure that's why I love Float and Labor Days more than any of his other albums. And Labor Days isn't his most wildely acclaimed Album for no reason. Despite people not really digging his abstract writing style, I feel like Labor Days does really well at getting across the Every Man feel it was going for as a concept album.

siddx

The last minute of Cycles to Gehenna is especially awesome.
Strictly production wise, always loved Felt Chewed Up and Ghost Dance deluxe from Felt 3, some of Aesop's most under-appreciated production I think.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've been trying to track down the hip hop scene here in nam recently. I know it exists because this female rapper named Suboi has been getting some international press recently and I see pictures from various local hip hop shows that have gone on. But for the life of me I can't find some place that lists where these events take place. What clubs or bars or venues they go on at. It's starting to annoy the shit out of me. The scene here is still young, only about 7 years old and just now becoming noticed, it would be nice to get some exposure to it at such a young stage.
Siddx lookin to be the first Vietnamese hipster. Get on that scene quick.

Rooster12

I've been trying to track down the hip hop scene here in nam recently. I know it exists because this female rapper named Suboi has been getting some international press recently and I see pictures from various local hip hop shows that have gone on. But for the life of me I can't find some place that lists where these events take place. What clubs or bars or venues they go on at. It's starting to annoy the shit out of me. The scene here is still young, only about 7 years old and just now becoming noticed, it would be nice to get some exposure to it at such a young stage.

There are no Hip-Hop stores in the major cities in Vietnam?

I've always liked Aesop Rock. I understand why the people in here don't, but Labor Days was my first underground album that I loved.

siddx

There are no Hip-Hop stores in the major cities in Vietnam?

Not that I've found no. There is a store kind of near me that sells hip hop related stuff, like fitted caps with words like "swag" on them. But it's not really much of a hip hop shop and more of an attempt to capture hip hop culture from someone who doesn't quite understand it. I might drop in there and see if they have fliers or something though. Thats been my only lead so far.

Hip hop still makes the government here nervous. They don't tolerate any kind of criticism of the government or it's policies. Some dudes wrote a rock song that was vaguely anti government and got 6 years in jail for it. They also don't like sexualized things or anything that quote "is harmful to the healthy growth of youth" which is purposefully vague so that they can ban whatever they want like sex toys, certain games, and even shit like magic the gathering. So hip hop isn't exactly embraced by the people who run this place, meaning the artists here have to tread very carefully.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn Travis Scott got Meek back on Im Leanin.

Mmhmmmm LEANIN
Damn near spilled my semen
Had a 20/20 on my preacher's wife and damn near seen my demons

:whew:

straight UP

T Dollarz

What albums have you guys altered the tracklists in your own way, if any please share! Explain why you made those changes, added, removed or moved songs. I'd like to know some logical ways to take albums to the next level. I did this with Jesus Piece, adding all the songs Game told me too. Sounds so good.

What albums have you guys altered the tracklists in your own way, if any please share! Explain why you made those changes, added, removed or moved songs. I'd like to know some logical ways to take albums to the next level. I did this with Jesus Piece, adding all the songs Game told me too. Sounds so good.

What's your jesus piece tracklist look like?

Esch

Banned
"I Am a Black Nerd" by Donalt Gluteburg (TRACKLIST)

1. Let's Play Pokemon (Intro)
2. White Gurls ft. Vic Mensa
3. I'm So Dope
4. Lil' Wayne Impression ft. Lil Wayne
5. Why Can't I Like Mayo
6. Nintendo Dual Swag ft. A$AP Rocky
7. Calculus
8. Country Music ft. Yelawolf
9. I've Got Jokes
10. Elementary School Crush ft. Frank Ocean
11. Jansports
12. Glass Piece ft. Chance the Rapper
13. Let Urkel Down
14. Tear Glass Drops ft. Rilo Kiley
15. Black Face White Face
16. Soliloquy ft. Drake

300x300.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny Brown - Dope Song video.

Pusha T on Juan Epstein.

Still listening, but Pusha expects 100k first week. I think that's reasonable too. Maybe 80-100k.

I think adding Us Placers to Graduation is the only time I've fucked with a tracklist because it was on one of the leaks and too good not to show up somewhere. Otherwise it's sacrilegious for me.

hey man, at least he ain't XV singing bout how he's on a Mirror's Edge and shit

I think adding Us Placers to Graduation is the only time I've fucked with a tracklist because it was on one of the leaks and too good not to show up somewhere. Otherwise it's sacrilegious for me.
I added Bittersweet Poetry to Graduation.

Still salty that it didn't make the cut.

Recon

Banned
"I Am a Black Nerd" by Donalt Gluteburg (TRACKLIST)

1. Let's Play Pokemon (Intro)
2. White Gurls ft. Vic Mensa
3. I'm So Dope
4. Lil' Wayne Impression ft. Lil Wayne
5. Why Can't I Like Mayo
6. Nintendo Dual Swag ft. A$AP Rocky
7. Calculus
8. Country Music ft. Yelawolf
9. I've Got Jokes
10. Elementary School Crush ft. Frank Ocean
11. Jansports
12. Glass Piece ft. Chance the Rapper
13. Let Urkel Down
14. Tear Glass Drops ft. Rilo Kiley
15. Black Face White Face
16. Soliloquy ft. Drake

300x300.jpg

Please tell me that's real.

Esch

Banned
BONUS TRACKS
17. Spindashing's Song
18. Praystation ft. Pusha T
19. Suburban Jungle

AMAZON PREORDER
20. AfropiX
21. Our Biochemistry

T Dollarz

I've heard specifically that people edited GKMC and Rocky's albums so I had those in mind and was wondering in what ways... and any other albums that maybe should've used bonus songs or songs that couldn't get samples cleared. Maybe Saaab Stories? Any from Kanye?

Cudder

None, always thought that was stupid. If there are other tracks I like I'll tack them all on at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom