• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Danny has so many different sounds on this album and the cuts are all around 3 minutes long, OLD does anything but drag.

But having a different sound each song can. I just felt you could cut Dip through Handstand out and have a more cohesive album. Those 4 just felt like filler and its just drug rap and strippers. Put it on a mixtape. Everything before side B tho, too dope.

Recon

Banned
But having a different sound each song can. I just felt you could cut Dip through Handstand out and have a more cohesive album. Those 4 just felt like filler and its just drug rap and strippers. Put it on a mixtape. Everything before side B tho, too dope.

Dip and Smokin & Drinkin are two of the best tracks...

Isn't an ASAP Mob album supposed to drop on the 15th?

Ferg's coming to Canada in December.. meh.

pSwg1i3.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SM3 sucks and all the good tracks were out for months before it. no need to get all that deep into it.

Good tracks = sucking these days
lol

It was the weakest of the 3 tho

MMG is starting down the path of No Limit...

PBY

Banned
Just gave OKE a suuuuuper quick skim through

One HYPE LEVEL 11 track

One track with an interesting beat and a cool SBQ verse

3-4 aiiiiight tracks

The rest is fine, but forgettable

Just seen someone say 'Detoxymoron'

C'mon Q.

At least announce Q1/2014 for Oxy. Or release on the same day as Rick Ross and blow up MMG like Kendrick did to Weak Will.

Nvm Meek was a week after. Still tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just gave OKE a suuuuuper quick skim through

One HYPE LEVEL 11 track

One track with an interesting beat and a cool SBQ verse

3-4 aiiiiight tracks

The rest is fine, but forgettable
Sounds like a Game mixtape to me. Will add it to the queue.

IrishNinja

hope ye's not too awkward tonight

In news about rappers gaf hop don't love no more:

Em's Berserk went platinum

let it be known: with all my MMLP2 clowning, im not attacking its sales. fans are gonna eat up whatever em poops out even if he's making poop noises in his middle eastern voice again for 13 tracks

Serious story time Danny really shines.

co-signed

Would buying Old on iTunes give Danny better numbers than from Best Buy? Dude's getting my $8, I just want to know the best way to help him with #s.

this has always been my assumption, yeah...wish we had some definitive #'s for an example though

...Damn. Now I feel even worse for rappers that are struggling and are on 360 deals.

It really is crazy shit. Thanks for clearing that up, you two.

agreed, that was depressingly enlightening. if you can somehow run both lanes, i cant imagine MCing over producing these days, but the later might also be oversaturated now too.

i wasn't looking for cohesive here at all though, and was happier for it

Agreed. 160k at most, but I think it'll be lower. He played himself out by being on the radio 24/7. Why buy the album when you're gonna hear him on 5 songs a week?

agreed but how do you explain YMCMB then? wayne & nicki mightve fallen off, i dont really keep up with that, but doesnt seem to hurt drake

Anyone check out the new Game tape yet?

...didnt even know about it: impressions?

Recon

Banned
I dont know the Danny situation, but I was under the assumption that artists usually receive a designated amount per album sold. So Danny would get the same pay out no matter if you purchased on iTunes or in retail stores.

HiResDes

I dont know the Danny situation, but I was under the assumption that artists usually receive a designated amount per album sold. So Danny would get the same pay out no matter if you purchased on iTunes or in retail stores.

Yeah they would only receive a bigger percentage if it were on a more indie platform like Bandcamp or something.

agreed but how do you explain YMCMB then? wayne & nicki mightve fallen off, i dont really keep up with that, but doesnt seem to hurt drake

I'd argue Wayne has a certain fanbase that will buy his shit, similar to Drake or Eminem. He's always gonna do numbers. Nicki seems like a gimmick tbh, I don't see her lasting; plus her last "album" didn't do well.

Who is Ross' core fanbase? I couldn't tell you.

Esch

Banned
I'd argue Wayne has a certain fanbase that will buy his shit, similar to Drake or Eminem. He's always gonna do numbers. Nicki seems like a gimmick tbh, I don't see her lasting; plus her last "album" didn't do well.

Who is Ross' core fanbase? I couldn't tell you.

Hood dudes plus the occasional Ken Masters type dude that likes bars about ballin and the most glossy, high fidelity trap beats. Rozay is kinda like starter trap. Just the tip.

kamspy

eat food at strip clubs, breh

NSFW

(from Danny Brown release date party)
https://vine.co/v/hX0XntTwqvK

One time I got a BLT at a shitty hole in the wall strip club on the way home from seeing my brother when he lived in Pittsburgh. Had a long drive home, saw the sign and I was kinda hungry.

I will say it wasn't very appetizing since the only "girls" dancing were really more like middle aged women. One bit my ear lobe. I was pissed.

Tokubetsu

Yeah they would only receive a bigger percentage if it were on a more indie platform like Bandcamp or something.

I think nicki will always sell as long as there are no other big female "arena" rappers out now. She has zero competition. Her album didn't sell but she's still a top earner. She's alreayd transitioning into other things with a Cassavetes film appearance next year iirc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Old is good, but TBH right now I'm only listening to Dope Song over and over off of it. Shit is too hype.

Don't really care for Dope Fiend Rental either. Beat is missing a certain something , verses are missing a certain something (I like the end of Qs and the first ASCAP line from Danny though).

mooooose

I'm so mad I couldn't get onto the guest list for Boiler Room tonight to see Danny. I could've maybe tried harder but still. Fuck my life man.

Tokubetsu

$16.85 for Old directly from Fools Gold. They can fuck off with that. I'm picking it up at Best Buy.

There's absolutely no reason to buy directly from fool's gold unless you want a t-shirt. It's not like RTJ where you could only get it from them exclusively intially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom