• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought Nicki's last album bombed but actually it did 780k. Not bad obviously.
I think you were thinking of the re-release of it, which did pretty bad, but pretty good for being a re-release.

Pretty sure that's what we were clowning her for way back, having no idea it was the same as her previous album repackaged lol

Old is good, but TBH right now I'm only listening to Dope Song over and over off of it. Shit is too hype.

Don't really care for Dope Fiend Rental either. Beat is missing a certain something , verses are missing a certain something (I like the end of Qs and the first ASCAP line from Danny though).

Favorite tracks on OLD=

- The Return because Gibbs kills it
- 25 Bucks because omg production + good hook
- Wonderbread because it's the "Skipping down the street with a smile while killing everyone" anthem.
- Torture --> Lonely --> Clean Up because it's the best string of serious Danny Brown ever. Clean Up is the best track on the album.
- Red 2 Go because it's the perfect mix of all the Danny Browns
- Dope Song because of that Chrono Trigger sounding intro./outro + the hype on the hook is ridiculous
- Dip --> Smokin' and Drinkin --> Break It (Go) is pure hype.
- Float On because it's a really good outro

I've warmed up to this album a lot. I'm still not sure on how it ranks against XXX, but gotdamn.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
listening for the first time right now

OH FUCK SCHOOLBOY ON THIS INSANE BEAT WHAT IS THIS
Link?

Also I'm calling it now that ESGN makin it on my end of the year list. It's about around that time to really start thinking about that.

Cheddahz

Banned
I picked up Dragon's Crown today for my Vita, I haven't had this much playing video games in forever

Anything good come out today?

On the growing up subject, I've lived in the crime capitol for 24 years and don't see.myself going anywhere either. Call it a rough upbringing or whatever.

Been through some shit but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Grateful to be alive and have what I have. Just graduated college, man life is good.

DominoKid

so that viral video was so popular that Kanye's "Gone" debuted at #18 on the Hot 100. the internet is crazy.
Kanye West debuts on the Hot 100 this week with a song that's eight years old. "Gone" (featuring Cam'ron and Consequence), from West's 2005 sophomore album "Late Registration," starts at No. 18 after a YouTube clip featuring the song as a backing track went viral.

(Per Billboard policy, songs showing renewed activity past their initial release cycles are eligible to chart if ranking in the top half of the Hot 100 and genre hybrid rankings.)

The song's revival started when Marina Shifrin, a writer and comedian, quit her job as a video editor by creating a video for her boss in which she dances around her deserted office (at 4:30 a.m.) to the appropriately-themed "Gone."

Views for the kiss-off clip soared – it currently stands at more than 15 million global views – drawing praise as one of the awesomest ways to quit a job ever and spawning hordes of parody and response videos.

U.S. digital sales of "Gone" spiked from minuscule levels in the previous week to 9,000 in this week's sales tracking frame, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Overall usage of "Gone" across these videos on YouTube pulled in 6.2 million U.S. streams for the song, according to Nielsen BDS, enough to send the title onto the Streaming Songs chart at No. 4.

"Gone" concurrently debuts on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 6 and Rap Songs at No. 4.

With its No. 18 start, "Gone" represents the fifth-highest start of West's 59 Hot 100 chart entries. He launched at a career-best No. 3 with "Love Lockdown" five years ago this month. His 59 hits mark the 12th-most in the Hot 100's 55-year history. Among rappers, only Lil Wayne (120), Jay Z (80) and Drake (65) have more.

Pusha Snooze button did OK on MNIMN. The best parts were the Clipse sounding parts, where everything else sounds pretty mediocre and boring.

Jay Z bought 100 copies of Nispey Hussle's mixtape.

Can you imagine just throwing away 10K like that?

edit: is it to late to edit

edit 2: never to late to edit

100x100=10,000

I noticed that right after. I was reading Nispey made 100K off of it, and just decided to make a jackass outta myself instead of paying attention.

08515847a454470c492def31c7ad34c9e08a776.gif

Esch

Banned
not watching this, but yalls and the Coli's impressions of Kanye's voice and general blunted, somewhat handicapped affect are slaying me

more play by plays pls

Esch

Banned
somebody in the gaf thread suggested a mild form of autism. i wonder if that's the case.

It is a spectrum. One of the major changes to the DSM-V and psychiatry for all age groups is a change at how we look at Aspbergers, PDD-NOS, and autism.... Part of that is because many of these behaviors are the same but severity is what varies greatly. Kanye could be, who knows. I haven't ever bothered to look into what he's like socially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom