• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Looking at the tracklist for OKE and Stat Quo is on here? Lmao. Last I heard this dude was on NBA Live 06. Hahahaha. Those dunk contests were raw though.

BONUS TRACKS
17. Spindashing's Song
18. Praystation ft. Pusha T
19. Suburban Jungle

AMAZON PREORDER
20. AfropiX
21. Our Biochemistry
kanyehappy.png

Kwixotik

536242_674710525880468_590665973_n.jpg

Deniro Farrar
15 minutes ago via mobile
Just inked the deal. It's a joint venture. Vice Records and Warner Bros. Records have officially joined my cult. #WTG #FreeTune #KOBK - All my real #Cultfamily make your profile picture this cover and Show me your support. Thanks to all my fans around the world and my team!!

Cool.

XCOM expansion is gonna be so real brehs:
http://youtu.be/80aSzl60uj0

wow...

I hope multiplayer is revamped. There's a lot of potential to do something cool beyond small 1v1 stuff. Give me a massive mode where 4-5 players can invade another 4-5 player group's planet. Each player gets a continent to defend from invasion in a best-of-3 match setup. If you lose a continent, the other side gets a steady stream of income from it that they can use to purchase more weapons, hire soldiers, etc. Players will be able to retreat/escape in order to save their remaining units but doing so significantly lowers their willpower.

Games would culminate in either a final battle on the group's last remaining continent/fortress, or at the rebel's base of operations.

Cudder

MNIMN is okay. Definitely like some of the joints on there, but damn if Pusha's flow isn't the exact same on every track. You could probably take all of his acapellas and put them on any of the other beats and it would fit perfectly. That's kind of a drag.

CRS

536242_674710525880468_590665973_n.jpg

Deniro Farrar
15 minutes ago via mobile
Just inked the deal. It's a joint venture. Vice Records and Warner Bros. Records have officially joined my cult. #WTG #FreeTune #KOBK - All my real #Cultfamily make your profile picture this cover and Show me your support. Thanks to all my fans around the world and my team!!

Cool.
Got the email this morning.

To my Cult Family-

I want you all to be the first to know, today is a day that we've been working toward for a few years. I'm proud to announce that I've just inked a deal with both Vice Records and Warner Bros. Records. It's been a long time in the making and I would like to thank all of you, my loyal family for supporting. Every video view, every ticket purchased, every retweet, or post you put up to help spread my music or visuals has been much appreciated and is why I'm where I'm at. There's definitely more to come!

I made y'all a playlist to listen to http://bit.ly/GTKDeniro and for y'all to watch http://bit.ly/DandF-DF.

Make sure to check me out on tour:

October 12 –Vibe Lounge (Rockville Centre, NY)
October 13 – Barbary (Philadelphia, PA)
October 15 – SOBs (New York, NY)
October 16 – Santos (New York, NY)
October 23 – The One Stop (Asheville, NC)
November 16 – Nocturne (Toronto, Canada)
November 17 – The Fillmore (Charlotte, NC)

ENJOY!!

Deniro Farrar, Cult Rap Leader

Yessssss. Thank youuuu.

https://twitter.com/JaywanInc
Grammy Nominated Producer: Young Jeezy, 2chainz, Trey Songz, Bone Thugs, Lil Boosie, Nipsey Hussle, Jim Jones, Twista, Kid Ink

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how noone from MMG was on the Forbes List this year. Ya only needed to generate $5 milli. Which is really $900k...lol

@JaywanInc: Lets talk about how this @ZaneTobin isn't an A&R, isn't employed at any label, never has been, and never has gotten a check in this industry

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Ted Lucas owns 75% of Rick Ross' publishing still...

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Jeezy is the VP of A&R at Atlantic that the only 2 artists from MMG are signed to...

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Tony Draper and E Cla## still are in Ross's pockets and own a piece of the publishing as well...

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Tony Draper and E Cla## still are in Ross's pockets and own a piece of the publishing as well...

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how 90% of these rappers can't get financing for a simple mortgage for a car or a house because they don't have the income.

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how noone on MMG has had a top 5 Billboard single in over 2 years.

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about why Rocko doesn't have a deal yet but has ATL radio on his nuts for 2 years straight...

@JaywanInc: Let's talk how about Trinidad James only got a 80k advance and will never actually drop an album on Def Jam.

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Meek Mill can't get a release date because he cant get a hit record spinning and the label won't open up another budget

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Rockie Fresh, Stalley, Omarion, and anyone else on MMG is still unsigned without any distribution in place.(. Mmg is a middle man no distribution deal)

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how there is only 3 artists on MMG that are actually signed to any type of record deal. And they are ALL horrible 360 deals

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how @Wale's ugly bytch just called me asking me for a flight down to Palm Beach to see me.

@JaywanInc: Lol Jeezy just called me...
woooooo

MMG always seemed fake. Ross is playing them dudes hard lol. Meek's fall will be the funniest though. We may clown Wale but he has some loyal fans. But Meek? He'll be another old ass Philly loser on the corner in a few years.

Esch

Banned
MMG Untouchable, lol.

Its been known that MMG is a smoke and light show. That breakfast club video felt mad insecure to me, especially meek mills. Those tweets remind me of the Complex article on MMGs fall I read earlier, getting clowned by producers tho, lol

Tokubetsu

"Dope Fiend Rental" maybe my favorite beat on OLD. Something about it's drugged out screwiness. It's all over the place and sloppy. Love it.

Torture great too. Can't hate on Oh No for that one.

Yup Meek sounded like he was yelling at a label exec. Makes sense: he can't get a release date. And if it's true his budget has already been depleted...he can't get a quick Drake to save his ass.

Dudes and chicks love Meek in the clubs, but they aren't buying the records. Nor do his horrible live performances inspire loyalty among fans. He had a chance to really do something special IMO, and I thought MMG would be a great fit...but it sounds like he's reaching Big Sean status: irrelevant.

effzee

In news about rappers gaf hop don't love no more:

Em's Berserk went platinum

Lupe new single out this coming Monday.

DominoKid

@JaywanInc: Let's talk about how Meek Mill can't get a release date because he cant get a hit record spinning and the label won't open up another budget

well that definitely makes sense. DC3 was a flop.

well that definitely makes sense. DC3 was a flop.

Remember how much noise was made about DC1/2 getting a million downloads, trending on twitter, etc? None of that happened for DC3. Meek is done.

Uninformed post incoming:

How do rappers make a profit through 360 deals? This whole time, I've been under the impression that the most of the cash garnered by a rapper under one of those deals is through touring and stuff like that.

Sounds like some soul crushing shit.

kamspy

Would buying Old on iTunes give Danny better numbers than from Best Buy? Dude's getting my $8, I just want to know the best way to help him with #s.

mooooose

How do rappers make a profit through 360 deals? This whole time, I've been under the impression that the most of the cash garnered by a rapper under one of those deals is through touring and stuff like that.

In a 360 deal, the record company gets a percentage of everything. Albums obviously but also merch and live shows. The upside is, you have a major corporation backing you, which gives you the opportunity to see way more money (but not necessarily make it) than you would on an independent level or otherwise (mostly everyone on a major is forced to sign a 360 now). It allows you to possibly use the major label as a way of building yourself so eventually you can break free and be an established artist.

What ends up happening is, a label will push you, make their money, and dump you. Or they just drain you dry forever.

Another reason, I believe, is that you get a much larger advance in lieu of probably sustainable income.

exarkun

I want to get how I feel about MMG Vol 3 off my chest, and I've posted about my intense dislike of what Mills has become before, but I gotta save that fore later cuz...

My gooooood at Pusha's album. Im through 8 songs (might skip big clown sean and 2 chainz song) and its close to AOTY for me. I mean, yeezus was nice, I love drakes album, but Pusha combines old clipse pusha (although hes grown) with dope beats. I mean, damn.

edit: Danny's record is too long. Drags in places. Other than that, its dope.

It's a dirty game breh. You can make money by touring a lot, but if your lawyer fucked up your deal - or better yet, if you didn't have a lawyer, you can really be fucked. Example, let's say you sign a 360 deal that's based off gross instead of net profit. You tour and generate $30k. Your label gets 25% of that, ie $7500. Let's say the total costs of hotels, transportation, equipment, etc was $25k. The artist pays for that out of his total gross. Which means the artist goes home with $5k gross. The label made more money, despite "only" getting 25%.

Worse yet, some deals allow the label to use revenue generated from one area to recoup losses in another. Say your album misses it's profit margin by not selling enough copies, but you make a bunch of money on tour. The label can apply all your hard earned touring income to the album loss in order to recoup costs. You get jack shit.

Which is why guys like Action Bronson (before he got a deal) get mad loot. They aren't on a major label and do shows with limited costs, thus ensuring big show money profit.

Cudder

I want to get how I feel about MMG Vol 3 off my chest, and I've posted about my intense dislike of what Mills has become before, but I gotta save that fore later cuz...

My gooooood at Pusha's album. Im through 8 songs (might skip big clown sean and 2 chainz song) and its close to AOTY for me. I mean, yeezus was nice, I love drakes album, but Pusha combines old clipse pusha (although hes grown) with dope beats. I mean, damn.

Danny has so many different sounds on this album and the cuts are all around 3 minutes long, OLD does anything but drag.

Esch

Banned
Boldy is overall hit or miss for me. Hes not even perfecting the boom bap wheel tbh. Alc stay giving mediocre dudes beats lol...

On the other hand Deniro signing to Warner Bros is cool. I like how they are super hands off with rap acts.

...Damn. Now I feel even worse for rappers that are struggling and are on 360 deals.

It really is crazy shit. Thanks for clearing that up, you two.

DominoKid

SM3 sucks and all the good tracks were out for months before it. no need to get all that deep into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom