• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

The hardest thing to get over with hip hop for me so far (and I admit its REAL dumb) is that something that is popular might also be amazing. It is years of metal conditioning. Kendrick Lamar with the biggest breaking point with that. That motherfucker is absolutely amazing.

That said I really don't dig on Drake (All I have heard is radio stuff.)

It is odd to get to sort through the popular stuff and have people that you actually get to kind of root for.
Check out Gangrene, Strong Arm Steady, Bone Thugs, Z-Ro, Shabazz Palaces, OutKast, Doppelgangaz, and MF DOOM.

The Breakfast Club did a really great interview with Cam'Ron. Highly recommended. Cam's awesome, dude comes off as level headed and mad knowledgeable.

Always liked dude's music and I miss the days of Dipset being played everywhere in high school. Everyone should really get Ghetto Heaven Vol. 1, so goood.

Part 1
Part 2

Cam about to wear capes.
banderas.png

Cam got that quiet money

Starlito and Don Trip - Leash On Life ft. Kevin Gates

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Breakfast Club did a really great interview with Cam'Ron. Highly recommended. Cam's awesome, dude comes off as level headed and mad knowledgeable.

Always liked dude's music and I miss the days of Dipset being played everywhere in high school. Everyone should really get Ghetto Heaven Vol. 1, so goood.

Part 1
Part 2

Cam about to wear capes.
banderas.png
This is really one of the best Breakfast Club interviews, and I'm only going into Part 2 now.

grkazan12

Real Talk, MNIMN is my favorite hip hop album of the year, so far, behind Yeezus. It sounds so goddamn fresh and raw. Didn't really need those guest verses from Big Sean and 2 Chainz though. Could have probably cut at least two songs off the album, but for the most I've been really enjoying it.

Also, to people hating on Pusha T's verses about selling cocaine, give the guy some slack, I mean he's rapping about what he knows and
I would rather listen to someone rap about selling drugs rather than someone rap about doing white people designer drugs (e.g. molly).

Esch

Banned
Also, to people hating on Pusha T's verses about selling cocaine, give the guy some slack, I mean he's rapping about what he knows and
I would rather listen to someone rap about selling drugs rather than someone rap about doing white people designer drugs (e.g. molly).

W/e, he still has the versatility of a comb and i don't get your point about 'white people' drugs. Drugs are fucking drugs. Dudes in africa are blasting ibogaine into their noses right now but rap culture and plenty of african americans would thumb their nose at that shit.... Meaningless qualifier.

codhand

i think he sounds best over the two neptunes beats which makes perfect sense

the grandiose shit doesnt suit him even though i dig the production

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real Talk, MNIMN is my favorite hip hop album of the year, so far, behind Yeezus. It sounds so goddamn fresh and raw. Didn't really need those guest verses from Big Sean and 2 Chainz though. Could have probably cut at least two songs off the album, but for the most I've been really enjoying it.

The people that just hear him mentioning cocaine and sigh are just not listening close enough. If you have a problem with the struggles, trials and tribulations that are a bit redundant, then I understand, but if you're reductionist enough you can say that about any album from/for the streets.

I'm listening to it a lot more than Old ATM anyways. I'm a sucker for well put together albums. If it didn't have that 2 Chainz / Big Sean song and maybe not the Kelly Rowland song, it'd be AoTY. Was saying in the OT he should've put Blocka and Revolution on there.

grkazan12

W/e, he still has the versatility of a comb and i don't get your point about 'white people' drugs. Drugs are fucking drugs. Dudes in africa are blasting ibogaine into their noses right now but rap culture and plenty of african americans would thumb their nose at that shit.... Meaningless qualifier.
Not talking about every drug, I'm just not the biggest fan of designer drugs being mentioned ad nauseam in a lot of rap songs nowadays, that's all.
The people that just hear him mentioning cocaine and sigh are just not listening close enough. If you have a problem with the struggles, trials and tribulations that are a bit redundant, then I understand, but if you're reductionist enough you can say that about any album from/for the streets.

I'm listening to it a lot more than Old ATM anyways. I'm a sucker for well put together albums. If it didn't have that 2 Chainz / Big Sean song and maybe not the Kelly Rowland song, it'd be AoTY. Was saying in the OT he should've put Blocka and Revolution on there.

Exodus would have been an excellent addition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is that new Shad out or is it just the stream?

Exodus would have been an excellent addition.
Yeah Exodus would actually work a lot better than Revolution, plus it's a great record.

The whole second half of MNIMN is kinda crap except for Nosetalgia
Pain and S.N.I.T.C.H., especially the latter are great records.

I would love to hear his sophomore take after Pain much more TBH.

HiResDes

Is that new Shad out or is it just the stream?

Yeah Exodus would actually work a lot better than Revolution, plus it's a great record.

Pain and S.N.I.T.C.H., especially the latter are great records.

I would love to hear his sophomore take after Pain much more TBH.

Just a stream for now.

...THIS METRO BOOMIN TAPE GOES HARD AS FUCK

HiResDes

Reminder Pioneer HDJ-2000 are still on sale for $140 at your local Bestbuy, if you need a set don't miss out on them!

HiResDes said:
Yo I just copped a pair from Bestbuy today, gonna give them to my girlfriend, but you know I gotta listen to em first.

Edit: Fuck, I should have bought two pair, these complement my Fischer's so well!...Very detailed, the mids aren't recessed like I heard, they just aren't super forward but still very very present. And only an absolute basshead would find these bass light, the bass is quite layered, not a big mid-bass boom, but the sub-bass gives it the phones their texture. And the treble is pretty much perfect, not sibilant but still a bit forward.

So I hear that new Black Milk is incredible?

Wouldn't say that but it's very good. He has greatly improved as a rapper, and the production is very...Detroit. Live drums, great synths, and I'm assuming the bass sounds great too (didn't have headphones when I listened).

My only criticism is that it often sounds like he's reading off the page while rapping.

PBY

Banned
Wouldn't say that but it's very good. He has greatly improved as a rapper, and the production is very...Detroit. Live drums, great synths, and I'm assuming the bass sounds great too (didn't have headphones when I listened).

My only criticism is that it often sounds like he's reading off the page while rapping.
His flow/energy is def the worst part. I dunno I've never been a huge fan of his tho.

kamspy

How is Flint's music do different than Detroit's? Seriously, crazy.

Flint:

DFC

suib5fm.jpg

Mother fucking forgotten classic. Check this shit out.

Things in the Hood feat Nate Dogg
http://youtu.be/E-O7wRLBuNE

Caps Get Peeled feat. MC Eiht
http://youtu.be/gVP-rBd0afY

Digga Bigga Ditch
http://youtu.be/F2m5Ze5Einc

and on another dope Flint note, but more crunk than classic (DFC), Dayton Family. Before they sold their souls for the money and piss of jiggalos.

ozvyvCr.jpg

http://youtu.be/odICvIksXik
http://youtu.be/SUeHb3xo3NE

OG Gaf Hoppers, yall gone be happy if you click those links.

kamspy

Tracklist from that DFC album so yall might really check it out.

"A Piece of Mind"- 2:07 (Performed by Bushwick Bill)
"Put Your Locs On"- 3:43 (Featuring MC Breed)
"Caps Get Peeled"- 4:06 (Duet with MC Eiht)
"Mo' Love"- 3:43 (Featuring MC Eiht)
"Things in tha Hood"- 3:49 (Featuring MC Breed and Nate Dogg)
"Pass the Hooter"- 3:37 (Featuring Warren G)
"2-2 the Chest"- 4:38 (Featuring Sedric "Swift" Barnett, Big L & MC Breed)
"Death B-4 Dishonesty"- 4:08 (Featuring Big L & MC Breed)
"Hand's on My Nine"- 4:11 (Featuring Boo Boo Breed)
"Roll with the Clan"- 4:18 (Featuring Sedric "Swift" Barnett)
"Digga Bigga Ditch"- 4:32
"You Can Get the Dick"- 3:58 (Featuring Tanya & MC Breed)
"Da Bomb"- 4:03 (Featuring Sedric "Swift" Barnett & Big L)

Production

Producer – D.O.C., The (tracks: 11), DJ Slip (3) (tracks: 1, 3, 11), MC Breed (tracks: 2), MC Eiht (tracks: 3), Sedric Barnett (tracks: 4, 7, 8, 10, 13), Warren G (tracks: 5, 6, 9)

How is Flint's music do different than Detroit's? Seriously, crazy.

Flint:

DFC

Mother fucking forgotten classic. Check this shit out.

Things in the Hood feat Nate Dogg
http://youtu.be/E-O7wRLBuNE

Caps Get Peeled feat. MC Eiht
http://youtu.be/gVP-rBd0afY

Digga Bigga Ditch
http://youtu.be/F2m5Ze5Einc

and on another dope Flint note, but more crunk than classic (DFC), Dayton Family. Before they sold their souls for the money and piss of jiggalos.

http://youtu.be/odICvIksXik
http://youtu.be/SUeHb3xo3NE

OG Gaf Hoppers, yall gone be happy if you click those links.

Listened to Dayton Family before, but never DFC. That nate dogg hook is ridiculously smooth.

Oh another note that Kevin Gates hook on that Starlito & Don Trip is awesome and I still fuck with Trap Lord

kamspy

Listened to Dayton Family before, but never DFC. That nate dogg hook is ridiculously smooth.

Oh another note that Kevin Gates hook on that Starlito & Don Trip is awesome and I still fuck with Trap Lord

Track down that DFC album. Seriously.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't want to be like this. I don't really want to hurt no feelings. But, I'm only being real when I say; Nobody wants to hear their grandfather rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom