• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Community and love the actor, but I can't mess with Childish Gambino. Kams was onto something when he mentioned some dudes being clown acts. I can't take Gambino seriously. He has some good songs, I like his charisma, he has some clever lines BUT overall he's way too self-conscious of the "actor being a rapper" thing which therefore makes me conscious of it while listening.

Esch

Banned
breh did you hear Luda's feature on LFTU? That shit was... well. its best to not speak of such things.

You know how we always say that rapper have yes men around them? Gambino strikes me as the opposite to the point where he'd change up his entire style to try to please everyone instead of doing what he does best. I can imagine for every song he makes, he goes into youtube and reads only comments about people hating his songs.
breh did you hear Luda's feature on LFTU? That shit was... well. its best to not speak of such things.

Fuck it, I'll say it. That verse was absolutely amazing, shit was the best verse on there. Worth 10 bucks just to hear that verse.

Edit: MFN Exquire on Russian Roulette>

HiiiLife

Yup I've been keeping up with Kendrick lately. But I'm still excited for Big Bois album and semi excited for Lupes.

HiiiLife

Get Rich or Die Trying was definitely my shit. Then I wasn't feeling the Massacre. Then he just fell off my radar. Blueprint was the last from Jay I was really feeling. Then he fell off my radar. And urban legend was the last from TI. Lol. That's why I'm so late with this stuff cause I stay listening to their old tracks.

HiResDes

I don't get it, none of that shit was so monumental that it just froze my whole state of mind, rendering me incapable of moving on...I really enjoy the resurgence of dark, sinister rap and the new wave incorporation of electronics nowadays.

Esch

Banned
Fuck it, I'll say it. That verse was absolutely amazing, shit was the best verse on there. Worth 10 bucks just to hear that verse.

...yo ima be real, cause i dont think this is really even a matter of opinion.

I hope you're trolling me right now, or super intoxicated, because that feature is one of the worst I've heard from a respected vet in ages. I cant even find something to compare it to. I mean even as far as verses about sucking dick go, that was one of the worst ive ever heard. Flabby and sick flow, some generic shit about a girl kneeling and slobbing a knob, i honestly think the song would be better several times over if it had just ended earlier. You could have rapped that verse. I could have. Awful.

you know, I honestly do not recall listening to King at all. I'm trying to remember a non single song from that album and I cannot at all. I really don't even think I ever got that album and I even remember his last 3 albums.
...yo ima be real, cause i dont think this is really even a matter of opinion.

I hope you're trolling me right now, or super intoxicated, because that feature is one of the worst I've heard from a respected vet in ages. I cant even find something to compare it to. I mean even as far as verses about sucking dick go, that was one of the worst ive ever heard. Flabby and sick flow, some generic shit about a girl kneeling and slobbing a knob, i honestly think the song would be better several times over if it had just ended earlier. You could have rapped that verse. I could have. Awful.

hahaha ;)

HiiiLife

you know, I honestly do not recall listening to King at all. I'm trying to remember a non single song from that album and I cannot at all. I really don't even think I ever got that album and I even remember his last 3 albums.

I like my beat down low down low down low. Oh wait that was a single too. Lol.

Esch

Banned
I don't get it, none of that shit was so monumental that it just froze my whole state of mind, rendering me incapable of moving on...I really enjoy the resurgence of dark, sinister rap and the new wave incorporation of electronics nowadays.

That shit was boring, its okay to say it.

Get Rich or Die Trying was definitely my shit. Then I wasn't feeling the Massacre. Then he just fell off my radar. Blueprint was the last from Jay I was really feeling. Then he fell off my radar. And urban legend was the last from TI. Lol. That's why I'm so late with this stuff cause I stay listening to their old tracks.

Guess Who's Back? was sick too

HiResDes

I wouldn't say boring, at least not at all of it, but I definitely prefer the early 90s stuff if I'm really honest. I think safe is a better way to describe that era of rap.

That era was better than mainstream now. I'm struggling to come up with a record recently that's been as good as the ones back then.

Esch

Banned
I wouldn't say boring, at least not at all of it, but I definitely prefer the early 90s stuff if I'm really honest. I think safe is a better way to describe that era of rap.
Yeah, or sterile. I mean dont get me wrong I like a couple TI singles myself, but overall.... Nah. I definitely don't look back at the mainstream stuff from that time and really think much of it.

Lots of nice stuff from the underground though.

Yeah, or sterile. I mean dont get me wrong I like a couple TI singles myself, but overall.... Nah. I definitely don't look back at the mainstream stuff from that time and really think much of it.

Lots of nice stuff from the underground though.
So since I was pure mainstream then, I don't know much about the underground, what were a few stand out tapes?

Esch

Banned
So since I was pure mainstream then, I don't know much about the underground, what were some stand out tapes?

MF Doom- Mmm... Food, Doomsday, Madvillainy, Vaudeville Villain
J Dilla- Donuts
Slum Village-Fantastic, Vol 2
Cannibal Ox- The Cold Vein
Nujabes- Metaphorical Music, Modal Soul
Binary Star-Masters of the Universe
Deltron-Deltron 3030
Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens
Y Society- Travel at Your Own Place
Dälek- Abandoned Language, From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots, Negro Necro Nekros
Reflection Eternal- Train of Thought
Sean Price- Monkey Barz, Jesus Price Supastar
Curren$y- Jet Files

i could come up with more and more and more

HiResDes

DAT LIST!

I'll add:

Reks - Grey Hairs
R.A. The Rugged Man - American Low Life
Killah Priest - The Offering
Marco Polo & Torae - Double Barrel
Panacea - The Scenic Route
Pacewon and Mr. Green - The Only Color That Matters is Green
El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
Edo G - My Own Worst Enemy

MF Doom- Mmm... Food, Doomsday, Madvillainy, Vaudeville Villain
J Dilla- Donuts
Slum Village-Fantastic, Vol 2
Cannibal Ox- The Cold Vein
Nujabes- Metaphorical Music, Modal Soul
Binary Star-Masters of the Universe
Deltron-Deltron 3030
Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens
Y Society- Travel at Your Own Place
Dälek- Abandoned Language, From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots, Negro Necro Nekros
Reflection Eternal- Train of Thought
Sean Price- Monkey Barz, Jesus Price Supastar
Curren$y- Jet Files

i could come up with more and more and more
Check out Guarantees by Atmoshohere. Probably one of my favorite songs by Slug.

And if you're into the more gritty/dark rap then Violent by Design from Jedi Mind Tricks.

fXaK2.png

I didn't even listen to all the stuff this year yet. Only one I heard was Blu and curren$y.

I'll bookmark these posts.

illadelph

It's been an Ice Cube week for me and I feel the same way. I did Straight Outta Compton -> Ameikkka's -> D.C.

I guess I gotta listen to Predator

HiResDes

G.o.D. Jewels/Looking Glass - Smooth beats, decent hunger, weak voiced/tender hearted rapper
Gifts/Lake Effect 1.5 - Fairly hype trap music that gets boring fast, also horrible sound quality
Starlito/Post Traumatic Stress - Decent offering, a little too downtempo for him, also very mediocre sound quality.
Sir Michael Rocks/Lap of Lux - Sir Michael sounds a bit lazy, but luckily it really works on this release, typical car banger on the way to the club or if you got bitches'
Jackie Chain/Bruce Lean - Surprisingly versatile, probably Jackie's best release, also the amazing beats and features help
Domo Genesis/No Idols - Monumental beats, with a decent rapper lol
Lil'B/Obamabasedgod - Yo this concept album is fire, Based, but with some really sober moments thrown in...He's learning how to combine the two.
Sean Rose/Desert of Dreams - Decent rapper, slightly better charisma, awesome car banging beats. Very similar in tone to Lap of Lux, but slightly more aggressive.
Vic Spencer/Walk Away Music - One of the most original sounding rappers, with such a great variety of interesting beat picks, also it helps that he's pretty damn funny.
ANTHM/Joy & Pain - Really fun release, reminds me of K-os the way he incorporates other genres into a pop bliss while remaining intellectual. Really good shit, also cool features.

ah thanks you just reminded me to check out that jackie chain, i really liked that song that had bun x krit on it.

That vic spencer was pretty decent, I recall your first impression on his flow being on point.

IrishNinja

goddamn @ Esha's list
also: CATERPILLAR STYLE

I've said it multiple times- a Nas x DJ Khaled album would be the greatest thing ever.

you need to stop saying it, Khaled cant even make a beat no more, and it's a poor match of styles too

ASAP has been fucking killing it. I can't wait for his album. I didn't dig LiveLoveWTF as much as everyone else, but his recent stuff has made me believe in his swag.

^this, though i dont know that i listened to all off LiveLove, was it that different? im loving all these singles.

what the hell?

His first two are modern RnB classics..

i remember deleting everything that wasnt ordinary people, honestly

who the fuck doesnt like early Snoop?! if he'dve maintained that quality from deep cover/187 um on till now, we'd be naming him in G.O.A.T. conversations i think

Raekwon promising Only Built 4 Cuban Linx III before 2014

http://wudisciples.blogspot.ie/2012/08/raekwon-promises-only-built-for-cuban.html

Swallow that bullshit pride chef. We know you can do an album without RZA all over it.
Producing this entire album is exactly the kick in the ass RZA needs.

Black Mozart was the best track off Part II.

II was so good, and yeah, im hoping RZA gets the memo when he's done with LS2. this needs to happen. II was the best Wu shit in a minute, for me.

depending on the RZA in 2012...

nahimcool.gif

You're going to give IrishNinja blue balls with all this Liquid Swords 2 talk.

Damn brehs, I made a long ass classic post about RZA/Cuban Links 3/LS3 but had to exit the browser quick to pretend like I was working.

I was gonna say some shit like "RZA gave Kanye some heat but is too inconsistent for me to care whether he's on CBIII or not. And I don't think LS II is real. Hopefully Iron Fist gets RZA back in a grimy mood, but I doubt it"

:(

RZA to BLESS the LESSORS non-believers in 2013, mark my words

Photo_jay-Z_Freeway1.gif

^thats how yall gon look

The guy No ID hates on the low

you're wrong for this

also if ya'll dont believe in luda, hit up ace's mix. man ive been downloading them forever, just figured out you can stream them - tight work as ever maccas! (does ace know bout this thread yet?)

HiResDes

ah thanks you just reminded me to check out that jackie chain, i really liked that song that had bun x krit on it.

That vic spencer was pretty decent, I recall your first impression on his flow being on point.

Yeah I still feel the same way about this flow, really off at times, but I didn't mention it so people wouldn't be completely turned off. It also kinda works in a weird ODB esque way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom